Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I think that's the narrative that will be told, but in reality we rushed approval because we were, rightly, shit scared of Brexit causing delays, and we are administering the vaccine in a completely unapproved way that does not offer maximum protection because the situation is so bad here. It wasn't a success, it was a desperation measure that has put us three weeks ahead of other countries is all.

We are the only country in the world doing this, and may find in a year or so it was the biggest mistake of all time.

As for the vaccine roll-out this is a highly developed country with great infrastructure (not what it should be but still) great transport links and geographically its tiny. To me there has been nothing remotely impressive about the vaccine roll-out, its just what you'd expect.

Further, we can't do 24 hour roll-out cause we don't have the staff after a decade of cuts to the NHS. The UK government in typical fashion put out a pathetic lie yesterday to say nobody wants vaccinated after 8pm. This is obviously nonsense, and also there's no way they could possibly know that its not like they've polled people, its just a lie to cover for their inability to facilitate 24 hour roll-out.

I don't believe that's true

I have been thinking about it today and honestly I think we're completely fucked. I don't think most people realise how badly yet. This could go on for years, and things will never be the same again.

Negative Nancy

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't believe that's true

I think it is. I've not heard anyone else doing it. The manufacturers say it absolutely is not the right thing to do, but we're still doing it.

Meaning all these people getting vaccinated are not getting maximum protection, except for Boris Johnson's dad obviously. 

I read a post from a virologist recently btw, he said if he was tasked with producing a vaccine resistant strain of the virus, what he would do is exactly what the UK is doing right now.

We may find in a year or so that was a mistake of biblical proportions, and its breathtakingly irresponsible for a government to do this.  It amazes me more isn't made of this in the media, but we do have the most corrupt media on earth.

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I have been thinking about it today and honestly I think we're completely fucked. I don't think most people realise how badly yet. This could go on for years, and things will never be the same again.

Bollocks.

There is next to nothing known about the Brazil variant other that it is 'similar to the UK and South African variant'. This is not something new to virologists or unprecedented in terms of how to deal with it.

The influenza vaccine changes every single year to adapt to mutations. Minuscule parts of the virus change, the virus doesn't magically morph into something else.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Bollocks.

There is next to nothing known about the Brazil variant other that it is 'similar to the UK and South African variant'. This is not something new to virologists or unprecedented in terms of how to deal with it.

The influenza vaccine changes every single year to adapt to mutations. Minuscule parts of the virus change, the virus doesn't magically morph into something else.

It's incredible how many Karen types cannot understand this.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Bollocks.

I'm not talking just about that, I mean the whole thing.

I tell you what we do know about the Brazil variant, the Home Secretary refused to stop flights from Brazil today.  So its definitely going to be a thing.

This goes back to the point earlier about NS, there's nothing she can do about that. That's a WM decision, and they have decided to do nothing, again.

I think it is. I've not heard anyone else doing it. The manufacturers say it absolutely is not the right thing to do, but we're still doing it.

Meaning all these people getting vaccinated are not getting maximum protection, except for Boris Johnson's dad obviously. 

I read a post from a virologist recently btw, he said if he was tasked with producing a vaccine resistant strain of the virus, what he would do is exactly what the UK is doing right now.

We may find in a year or so that was a mistake of biblical proportions, and its breathtakingly irresponsible for a government to do this.  It amazes me more isn't made of this in the media, but we do have the most corrupt media on earth.

France, Denmark and Germany were certainly talking about doing it. I've no idea what they decided though.

Whitty covered the risk last week. It isn't zero, but very small. The benefit of giving twice as many people some protection greatly outweighed the risk.

I tell you what we do know about the Brazil variant, the Home Secretary refused to stop flights from Brazil today.  So its definitely going to be a thing.

This goes back to the point earlier about NS, there's nothing she can do about that. That's a WM decision, and they have decided to do nothing, again.

She can introduce an extended quarantine period upon arrival here, and additional negative test results before release.

It's complete nonsense to suggest she can do "nothing"

5 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So on what basis of the whole thing are we 'completely fucked'?

We are certainly not completely fucked because of mutations. Mutations as covered are generally minuscule in nature and effect, vaccinations require a tweak to cover rather than a new programme. Tweaks can take from a few days to several weeks rather than months and years.

So I'm genuinely interested to know when you've sat down today and had a wee ponder, on what basis exactly we're all heading towards a doomsday scenario?

Edited by djchapsticks

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

France, Denmark and Germany were certainly talking about doing it. I've no idea what they decided though.

Whitty covered the risk last week. It isn't zero, but very small. The benefit of giving twice as many people some protection greatly outweighed the risk.

They're not doing it.

Whitty is a government stooge, he's the same guy that was on TV pushing her immunity in March. They say that it greatly outweighed the risk, but people who aren't shameless liars with a vested interest in covering up for the murderous job they've done say this is nonsense.

And, crucially, the people who actually made the vaccines say this is absolutely not the right thing to do. Pfizer even threatened to stop supplying the UK if they continued this practice as it is dangerous.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

She can introduce an extended quarantine period upon arrival here, and additional negative test results before release.

It's complete nonsense to suggest she can do "nothing"

I acknowledged that earlier, you'll note I was referring to flights coming into the country, which she can do nothing about.  Other countries stop flights when this happens, that's why nobody is letting people fly into their country from the UK just now, we don't.

I forgot I was informed earlier you were a Covid sceptic though, so have no idea what I'm doing wasting my time replying to you.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Mutate is always assumed to have negative connotations too.

Yeah. I'm not saying it has NEVER happened, it may well have but a virus with a high mutation incidence will almost universally mutate - in the long run - to protect itself by staying alive and infect more quickly.

A virus that becomes more infectious and less deadly is a good mutation for the virus.

A virus that becomes more lethal and faster at killing it's host, denying itself opportunity to spread is a bad mutation for the virus.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

They're not doing it.

Whitty is a government stooge, he's the same guy that was on TV pushing her immunity in March. They say that it greatly outweighed the risk, but people who aren't shameless liars with a vested interest in covering up for the murderous job they've done say this is nonsense.

And, crucially, the people who actually made the vaccines say this is absolutely not the right thing to do. Pfizer even threatened to stop supplying the UK if they continued this practice as it is dangerous.

They actually said they couldn't say it was safe as they didn't have the data as that wasn't how it was tested. That isn't the same thing.

AZ say 8-12 weeks is likely the "sweet spot"

If you dismiss Whitty's remarks entirely because he's a "government stooge" then I assume you dismiss everything said by everyone who appears on TV. Or is it just the ones who say things you don't agree with?

They're not doing it.

This is from earlier today.

image.png.01ecc3a066fa4ed57ba6854b0c8bc9d5.png

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So on what basis of the whole thing are we 'completely fucked'?

We are certainly not completely fucked because of mutations. Mutations as covered are generally minuscule in nature and effect, vaccinations require a tweak to cover rather than a new programme. Tweaks can take from a few days to several weeks rather than months and years.

So I'm genuinely interested to know when you've sat down today and had a wee ponder, on what basis exactly we're all heading towards a doomsday scenario?

First of all I read actual scientists. So what qualifications do you have?

I was looking at several graphs of how long vaccination programmes took to eradicate infectious diseases in the past. Things like polio. Typically took maybe forty years of vaccinations, not six months.

We are partially vaccinating our population. So when the first round is vaccinated, every other country on earth will have fully protected their people, we won't. Except Boris Johnson's father obviously.

We already have the worst infection rate of any major country, worst death toll, and worst economic damage.  Now we're adding Brexit and trying our best to develop a vaccine resistant strain to unleash on a partially protected population.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.