Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I acknowledged that earlier, you'll note I was referring to flights coming into the country, which she can do nothing about.  Other countries stop flights when this happens, that's why nobody is letting people fly into their country from the UK just now, we don't.

I forgot I was informed earlier you were a Covid sceptic though, so have no idea what I'm doing wasting my time replying to you.

So you agree she can do something. Good.

But you still want to get the wee excuses in early to allow you to place the entire blame elsewhere anyway for her not actually doing anything.

Makes sense.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

So you agree she can do something. Good.

But you still want to get the wee excuses in early to allow you to place the entire blame elsewhere anyway for her not actually doing anything.

Makes sense.

Sorry mate I'm not replying to you anymore cause you're a fandan.  I forgot I'd been informed earlier.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I was looking at several graphs of how long vaccination programmes took to eradicate infectious diseases in the past. Things like polio. Typically took maybe forty years of vaccinations, not six months.

We are partially vaccinating our population. So when the first round is vaccinated, every other country on earth will have fully protected their people, we won't. Except Boris Johnson's father obviously.

We already have the worst infection rate of any major country, worst death toll, and worst economic damage.  Now we're adding Brexit and trying our best to develop a vaccine resistant strain to unleash on a partially protected population.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.

We don't need eradicate covid-19 to get our lives back.

First of all I read actual scientists.

🤣 just not the ones you don't agree with

Here's what the other manufacturers are saying

Pfizer/BioNTech said that their vaccine was not designed to be used in two shots 12 weeks apart. In a statement, the firms said there was no evidence the first shot continued to work beyond three weeks.

But, after the British government adopted a 12 week policy, apparently that is actually the 'sweet spot' for this one and we just didn't know that till now.  Aye right then.

First of all I read actual scientists. So what qualifications do you have?

I was looking at several graphs of how long vaccination programmes took to eradicate infectious diseases in the past. Things like polio. Typically took maybe forty years of vaccinations, not six months.

We are partially vaccinating our population. So when the first round is vaccinated, every other country on earth will have fully protected their people, we won't. Except Boris Johnson's father obviously.

We already have the worst infection rate of any major country, worst death toll, and worst economic damage.  Now we're adding Brexit and trying our best to develop a vaccine resistant strain to unleash on a partially protected population.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.

No vaccine currently in development will become useless against any 'strains' in the short to medium term. Nor will they likely affect people who have been naturally infected in the past six months or so, certainly not in terms of symptomatic re-infection.

Many vaccines were also trialled in Brazil while this 'strain' was likely rife.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Thanks for obliterating your point

"the first dose is 70 per cent effective between day 22 and the second dose. Vaccine recipients should get a second dose of the vaccine four-12 weeks later."

Just now, Elixir said:

No vaccine currently in development will become useless against any 'strains' in the short to medium term. Nor will they likely affect people who have been naturally infected in the past six months or so, certainly not in terms of symptomatic re-infection.

Many vaccines were also trialled in Brazil while this 'strain' was likely rife.

You didn't list your qualifications in the field

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

First of all I read actual scientists. So what qualifications do you have?

I studied Virology for a couple of years. Admittedly I fucked off out of the course before my time was up (oops!) but I've retained enough information and completed enough studies and coursework that I remember enough about how types of Viruses act. I try not to read actual scientists and epidemiologists, the reason being is that if you read enough of them, you'll realise that there is such a wildly varied slew of opinions (and that's all they are, opinions) that are not even close to one another that they most certainly can't ALL be correct. So you end up naturally choosing to read the ones you want to believe based on your own outlook.

There is also no point whatsoever in trying to compare a worldwide concerted vaccination effort with current available technology to any prior vaccination programme from the past. No vaccination programme in history has had anything like the funding, man hours, R&D or sole focus that we are currently watching unfold in a concerted effort to bring this to an end.

41 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I have been thinking about it today and honestly I think we're completely fucked. I don't think most people realise how badly yet. This could go on for years, and things will never be the same again.

No chance. If it went on for years the NHS would be permanently bolstered the deaths would be fairly acceptable and life would carry on.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Thanks for obliterating your point

"the first dose is 70 per cent effective between day 22 and the second dose. Vaccine recipients should get a second dose of the vaccine four-12 weeks later."

Likely why he hastily deleted the post.

As clear a case of reading a headline and basing your argument on it as you're likely to see.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I studied Virology for a couple of years. Admittedly I fucked off out of the course before my time was up (oops!) but I've retained enough information and completed enough studies and coursework that I remember enough about how types of Viruses act. I try not to read actual scientists and epidemiologists, the reason being is that if you read enough of them, you'll realise that there is such a wildly varied slew of opinions (and that's all they are, opinions) that are not even close to one another that they most certainly can't ALL be correct. So you end up naturally choosing to read the ones you want to believe based on your own outlook.

There is also no point whatsoever in trying to compare a worldwide concerted vaccination effort with current available technology to any prior vaccination programme from the past. No vaccination programme in history has had anything like the funding, man hours, R&D or sole focus that we are currently watching unfold in a concerted effort to bring this to an end.

So you don't have any then. That's all I needed to know.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

No chance. If it went on for years the NHS would be permanently bolstered the deaths would be fairly acceptable and life would carry on.

That's not back to normal though is it?  If its always going to be out there life could never return to how it was in 2019, you'd always have to be wary.  Social distance for the rest of your life, how could you have crowds returning to football?  Who would go if you might catch your death?  And the economic damage would be off the charts.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So you don't have any then. That's all I needed to know.

Correct.

And aside from hysterical wailings that have been soundly and systematically picked apart by unqualified people, you still haven't provided clear reasonings for why we are all 'completely fucked'.