Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It may be coming at some point. 6.25m tests on order from my place of work.
Still working out a supply schedule.
I know my employer has ordered a lot of them and as of Thursday, expected them to take 6 days. No sure if that's right or not. Either way I dont think they will be testing me. I expect my symptoms to have passed by then.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's weird living through the biggest world event since WWII. What else comes close in terms of genuine worldwide pieces of history? Spanish Flu, Plague, WWI and possibly this round out the top 5 world events since our calendar was formed?

Rangers dying - 2012

33 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Btw, I worked in the Scottish Government on avian influenza 2006 and foot and mouth 2007; I worked on other, lesser disease outbreaks like Newcastle disease, bluetongue and Schmallenberg; and I worked on many endemic livestock diseases like bovine TB until 2013. 

Howay, you never did!

As for Sam Smith, maybe he could spend some time listening to artists he hasn’t heard before, like Tom Petty.

1 hour ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Poverty appears to have nothing to do with this outbreak. The animals that are the likely source of this outbreak would be consumed as delicacies or medication, not necessity.

How do you propose the world addresses this issue with a Sovereign nation?

Who is to be the world police to say what is right or wrong, us while eating Haggis? Should we also challenge places like Sulawesi in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Spain, Latin America, Africa?

No doubt there will be a backlash against China and Wuhan in particular regardless?

Ok if your scared to answer your own question. How about firstly we ask them if they will stop?

Or would that make you burst out greeting as well?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
It may be coming at some point. 6.25m tests on order from my place of work.
Still working out a supply schedule.

I know my employer has ordered a lot of them and as of Thursday, expected them to take 6 days. No sure if that's right or not. Either way I dont think they will be testing me. I expect my symptoms to have passed by then.

Sounds about right. Might not be ordered from us. We're not the sole suppliers of these kits but I believe we're one of the biggest in terms of sheer numbers going out.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Sounds about right. Might not be ordered from us. We're not the sole suppliers of these kits but I believe we're one of the biggest in terms of sheer numbers going out.

Is it a self contained kit or do you have to send the swabs/blood sample off to a lab?

Ok if your scared to answer your own question. How about firstly we ask them if they will stop?
Or would that make you burst out greeting as well?

https://www.gov.cn/english/

You can knock out a letter to Xi Jinping at the above address if you wish.

If you are struggling to understand, the question was to yourself, not for me to answer as it is not an issue for me. You seem to be the person with the problem with China and their customs.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Is it a self contained kit or do you have to send the swabs/blood sample off to a lab?

I'm not sure but purely based on the numbers being ordered, I'd imagine it's the former. I don't think it would be helpful to the process to send six million swabs for lab analysis.

I'm not sure who are providing these 'antibody kits' talked about the other day though. May be us, may not be. Those would be used not to test for Covid but to test if you have the antibody in your system (and therefore have already had it and recovered). I know those definitely require bloods and will probably have to be sent for lab analysis though but again, it's technology that is constantly shifting. They aren't even sure if the technology on the antibody tests work yet.

If we're not providing them, I'm sure we'll have our oar in the process somewhere.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Has there ever been a comment that starts this isn't racist, but... that actually hasn't been racist?

Well f**k it, I’ll have a crack:

This isn’t racist, but in Madagascar, as soon as you hit puberty the village headman ties you to a...

Hold on, will start again:

This isn’t racist, but instead of toilets, your average Goan shits in a...

Christ. Tougher than it looks.