Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

The overwhelming majority of people are fat because they eat too much and do too little.

In simplistic terms aye, but the reasons for people eating too much or exercising too little isn't because there is no stigma attached to it, which is what you said. 

I've witnessed someone who was so utterly depressed with their life that sitting at home and eating shite became the norm. They'd look at themselves in the mirror and cry their eyes out at how they looked. They'd finally build up enough courage and motivation to go outside for a jog and all they can think is "everyone is looking at what a fat c**t I am". I know if this person had read a comment like "there's not enough of a stigma attached to fat c***s" online it would've pushed them even further away from doing something about it. So how does that square with your "all we need to do is shame these c***s and they'll get skinny" mantra?

Just now, The Moonster said:

In simplistic terms aye, but the reasons for people eating too much or exercising too little isn't because there is no stigma attached to it, which is what you said

It's not really what I said though, is it?

11 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

There’s literally thousands of offshore workers travelling to Aberdeen every single day, from all over the uk and up until recently abroad. 

Unless I'm mistaken, offshore workers are being tested.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's not really what I said though, is it?

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

There should be a stigma around being fat tbh. It's the lack of such stigma that allows people to eat themselves into the shape of Snorlax, then get offended if they get called out.

Looks pretty on the money to me m8.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

They are rarely coming into the city though. And many are staying isolsted on hotels such as the Craighaar before going out or when coming back. 

Travelling in by rail, plane, bus and taxi. It’s hardly isolating in hotels, when guys can freely leave to go for food, to shops etc

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Travelling in by rail, plane, bus and taxi. It’s hardly isolating in hotels, when guys can freely leave to go for food, to shops etc

It's relatively contained in the grand scheme of things.  Those travelling in by plane, and rail are travelling on services running at a fraction of their original capacity, going into stations/airports that are deserted.  Don't know about the buses, but the taxi's are dead.  If they are staying somewhere, it will likely be Dyce so they are a good few miles away from the more populated parts of the city.  

I don't doubt there are some numbers who go out and do what they want, but in the grand scheme of things in a city of 250k, there really isn't much movement going on at all.  When consider the population density and the proximity of larger towns and cities to each other in Central Scotland, it isn't surprising at all that Aberdeen are faring better than others in terms of case numbers - and not to be unexpected, which was largely my initial point.  

Come on. The overwhelming majority of people are fat because they eat too much and do too little.
Most people will see themselves getting a wee bit chunky and do something about it.
But the others, fuelled by messages like "Big IS Beautiful" and that loving your body is more important than looking after it, don't have an incentive to change, and continue to shovel food into their gubs at an ever increasing rate.
How we effectively tackle it is an entirely different question, but the overriding point is that most fat people are not fat because they can't help it.
You have come across a niche nothing more nothing less. If they want to live that way then that's their choice but it is a very small proportion of the population that align themselves with that movement.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
Come on. The overwhelming majority of people are fat because they eat too much and do too little.
Most people will see themselves getting a wee bit chunky and do something about it.
But the others, fuelled by messages like "Big IS Beautiful" and that loving your body is more important than looking after it, don't have an incentive to change, and continue to shovel food into their gubs at an ever increasing rate.
How we effectively tackle it is an entirely different question, but the overriding point is that most fat people are not fat because they can't help it.

You have come across a niche nothing more nothing less. If they want to live that way then that's their choice but it is a very small proportion of the population that align themselves with that movement.

Todd espousing the the "man up" equivalent for fat folk?

Simplistically blaming obesity on fat people without factoring in a myriad of other social factors is the same mind set that the Tories have for blaming poverty on the poor.

Hiding behind these factors in a lot of cases is the reason it costs the NHS so much and one of the reasons behind a lot of covid deaths. I dont disagree with what you say but it works both ways

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

64881 Vaccines administered yesterday, another record breaking day.

NS with the rope-a-dope there

Lull them into thinking numbers would drop then hit them with a record total. 

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

They are rarely coming into the city though. And many are staying isolsted on hotels such as the Craighaar before going out or when coming back. 

Even for those with operators that are even bothering to quarantine and test workers, you'll find that a number of these will pop into the shops in Dyce / Bucksburn to get some cold tinnies and other comfort foods for the start of their mini lockdown which they see as starting in their hotel room, not when they leave home.

57 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

https://www.worldobesity.org/news/obesity-and-covid-19-policy-statement

This report suggests around 75% of those critically ill are overweight/obese. I think the lack of campaigning for improved fitness/general health combined with the lockdown rules which make it more difficult to stay fit (closing golf courses in England and Wales, 1 walk a day, outdoor gym closures etc) is nothing short of a scandal. 

The one walk a day was never a rule as far as I'm aware.