Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This wouldn't be happening if folk didn't just sack off the self-quarantine at home tbf. 

Maybe, but then the Government didn't help themselves by essentially not following up on it.

Three unanswered phonecalls before we send the police round was bad enough as it gave plenty time to get home, but between my wife and I we received zero contact attempts in 14 days.

Edited by Todd_is_God

53 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

All the parents of school age kids I know are unanimous that the kids are bored stiff. I suspect a fair chunk would like to get back if only to alleviate that boredom.

The key word in the above 'woe is us' tale - which really should be in bold, 72-point font - being of course 'parents'. 

I'm sure that judgment has got absolutely nothing to do with their sense of injustice about having to look after their own kids, as well as a laughable, sepia-tinted view of how engaging 30 hours of school really is for the overwhelming majority of children. 

Just read on BBC Ross Greer saying if footballers cant respect the rules, then fans shouldnt be allowed back to stadiums

Firstly.... Lolwut?

Secondly though, the Greens can absolutely go and f**k themselves. Another party with a snobbish attitude to football and its fans.

41 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye as they don't have to home school then and the weather ain't snow and snotters outside !

They ain't been on holiday (well bar a few days half term) since Christmas I assume you noticed.

Lol wut

They've been on a glorified holiday for the bulk of the time since March last year. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This wouldn't be happening if folk didn't just sack off the self-quarantine at home tbf. 

There was an article in the local press last week with a UAE-based businessman moaning that his daughters need to quarantine for 10 days before they can go to their private school should they return to the UK. Surely taking them out the country is a known risk given current circumstances? You were putting yourself at risk from inconvenient arrival processes long before hotel quarantine were being demanded. I get it's highly annoying, but you ought to be aware of the risks you're taking. 

As someone said earlier, the public here really do believe that their lives are so difficult compared with those of everyone else. 

Leaving them in the country was probably considered a risk at the time too given the infection rates here. I think it's reasonable to say that quarantine is hugely inconvenient for a lot of people, many of whom were abroad for entirely sensible or valid reasons. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, of course.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It's taken 6 months but I'm pleased that virginton and Todd are finally just saying schools closed, pubs open rather than dancing around it. 

What is the weird obsession with pubs?

I'd rather go round to see my parents tbh.

Edited by Todd_is_God

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
52 minutes ago, strichener said:
Those six or seven weeks in the summer must be murder for them.  Yet somehow they manage year after year.

A terrible point, considering 6 or 7 weeks at any point of the year under current restrictions is wildly different from any 6 or 7 weeks you care to choose in living memory.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, strichener said:

Being off school in a normal summer holidays is completely different in every conceivable way to what's happening now, so them "managing it year after year" is completely irrelevant to, well anything really.

In what ways is it substantially different for children than before? With the exception of some pish-ridden soft play centres being closed as a public health risk (not before time), we have literally been making exceptions to every other activity and restriction 'fur the weans'. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just read on BBC Ross Greer saying if footballers cant respect the rules, then fans shouldnt be allowed back to stadiums

Firstly.... Lolwut?

Secondly though, the Greens can absolutely go and f**k themselves. Another party with a snobbish attitude to football and its fans.

Ross Greer is one of the biggest reasons for not voting green in the west of Scotland. Had considered lending my vote but he’s absolutely fucked it with that pish. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Firstly.... Lolwut?

His face just screams Rugby

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

My favourite was the description of having to isolate in a 5 bedroom house for 12 days as 'pretty horrific'.

If they were quarantined the maid wouldn't have been allowed in. They probably had to do their own dishes and everything. 

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Maybe, but then the Government didn't help themselves by essentially not following up on it.

Three unanswered phonecalls before we send the police round was bad enough as it gave plenty time to get home, but between my wife and I we received zero contact attempts in 14 days.

One of my colleagues was meant to be in quarantine and got spotted by a colleague walking his dog. He claimed he forgot he wasn't allowed out. He then got spotted cycling by another colleague later that day. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Firstly.... Lolwut?

As per usual the old firm giving everyone a nice excuse the kick football. We voted earlier about sinking Falkirk and Methill. Time to vote on sinking Ibrox and Parkhead.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Leaving them in the country was probably considered a risk at the time too given the infection rates here. I think it's reasonable to say that quarantine is hugely inconvenient for a lot of people, many of whom were abroad for entirely sensible or valid reasons. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it, of course.

Completely accept that, it's a fair point. 

If you have commitments in the UK, leaving was not however particularly wise given the possibility of measures being introduced - always a risk of this happening. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

What's that, about 25% of capacity?

It would be a good start. A proper "Test"

But still far too restricted in other ways to be viable longer term

Edited by Todd_is_God