Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ trying too hard 

I’m really not. Inverclyde is by far and away the worst area in Scotland. Its the only place in Scotland where I’ve seen pensioners wearing Lacoste tracksuits inside a pub. If that isn’t a damning indictment on the local area, then what is?

Even West Dunbartonshire is a more desirable place to live. 

Edited by Hammer Jag

After Boris shut all the pubs/clubs/leisure centres - places where random people gather - I can see no justification for allowing caravaners to arrive from all over and congregate in areas they think is remote from the masses. 

limited local resources, a wide geographical spread suddenly concentrated and (I’m guessing here) the generally older population that love a bit of caravanning really doesn’t sound like a great mix. 

trouble is, they’ll eventually leave (by one method or another) but the local populace will have been swamped. (Already, see Shetland). 

And when the English Police are complaining about the numbers congregating in places like Bridlington and Skegness there’s an issue that needs resolved. 
Really shouldn’t be a difficult issue to resolve but maybe that’ll be the horse bolted...

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think every town in Scotland has at least one pub that is similar to that one.

They do.

And everyone should name that pub in their home town.

In Dunfermline, a place I haven't actually ever lived in, Thirsty Kirstys was probably that pub. There was once a story in the Dunfermline Press about a punter who was banned for farting too much, with said farts seemingly being eye watering.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They do.

In Dunfermline, a place I haven't actually ever lived in, Thirsty Kirstys was probably that pub. There was once a story in the Dunfermline Press about a punter who was banned for farting too much, with said farts seemingly being eye watering.

https://adelaidegreenporridgecafe.blogspot.com/2007/03/man-banned-from-pub-for-farting.html

Metro.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Worst thing so far about corona virus is the lukewarm obituaries afforded to me in advance of my death.

Shame on you all.

Quit moaning, I’ve done you an epitaph:

Here lies Bairnardo

He used to bake bread

But he’s stopped doing that now

Because he is dead

The Daily Mail which has turned hatred of immigrants and refugees into an artform is urging its readers to become Covid Refugees in the Highlands and Islands. Get them to fck.

The result:

Edited by Crùbag

They do.

Stratfords in Edinburgh is pretty rough. My mate once told me that when Diana died they put up a sign on the door saying “as a mark of respect for the death of Diana, Princess of Wales we will open at 0930 on the day of her funeral rather than the usual 0900”.

I can’t comment on Inverness these days but the Keg was always fairly rough.

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

After Boris shut all the pubs/clubs/leisure centres - places where random people gather - I can see no justification for allowing caravaners to arrive from all over and congregate in areas they think is remote from the masses. 

limited local resources, a wide geographical spread suddenly concentrated and (I’m guessing here) the generally older population that love a bit of caravanning really doesn’t sound like a great mix. 

trouble is, they’ll eventually leave (by one method or another) but the local populace will have been swamped. (Already, see Shetland). 

And when the English Police are complaining about the numbers congregating in places like Bridlington and Skegness there’s an issue that needs resolved. 
Really shouldn’t be a difficult issue to resolve but maybe that’ll be the horse bolted...

In normal times I a very much in favour of the right to roam and wild camp.

I am also very much in favour of doing our bit to provide a safe haven in Scotland for the worlds refugees.

However......

let's get these covid19 campervan selfish refugee gits tae f@ck.

Selfish arseholes who are spreading death and threaten to overwhelm the scant medical facilities in our rural areas.

There must be something in the Land Reform Act that enables the forced removal of them and their caravans.

I hope the Scottish parliament has the power to get them intae a forced quarantine.

Pronto!!!

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Quit moaning, I’ve done you an epitaph:

Here lies Bairnardo

He used to bake bread

But he’s stopped doing that now

Because he is dead

He was small in stature

He didn't like Thatcher

Mango on pizza isn't right 

Falkirk are shite

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

In normal times I a very much in favour of the right to roam and wild camp.

I am also very much in favour of doing our bit to provide a safe haven in Scotland for the worlds refugees.

However......

let's get these covid19 campervan selfish refugee gits tae f@ck.

Selfish arseholes who are spreading death and threaten to overwhelm the scant medical facilities in our rural areas.

There must be something in the Land Reform Act that enables the forced removal of them and their caravans.

I hope the Scottish parliament has the power to get them intae a forced quarantine.

Pronto!!!

I think you just shut the campsites. 
As much as people think they are self sufficient while wild camping, shitting in a hole and bathing in a burn in March tends to lose its romance after a couple of days. 
Site owners? They join the rest of the other business owners on the wheel of compo roulette..

Edited by alta-pete