Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I think the two weeks would be quite handy from what the teachers told us before. The biggest issue from our teachers from what they told us was that the kids had 'lost' the ability to be taught along with others and in a similar pace - they had to be retaught to be in school and learn in a large group again. A few weeks back before some time off and then back in post Easter might be easier for the kids (and teachers) to handle.

As i say it's what we've been told from our school but i'm sure others will be different

Once Carson pointed it out I did realise it make sense. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The 5 weeks between each step seems very conservative, especially since 3 of his 4 tests are going to be very easily met. He's setting himself up for 'Hurrah! Boris saves the May Bank Holiday" headlines

And it'll be justified after he saved last summer, Hallowe'en, Christmas, New Year, Easter...

This is a big IF, but if BJ's plan comes anywhere close to fruition, the SG are going to look a mile out if they are too cautious.

Any talk of an elimination strategy needs binned, as it required buy-in from England to be remotely possible.

All over by June, Nightclubs all measures and foreign holidays, the full bhuna. This is "all over by Easter / November / Christmas" all over again despite the protestations that he wouldn't make the same mistakes again. That's just pie in the sky bonkers stuff. Nightclubs open when barely a soul packed inside is going to be vaccinated ?

Take it some one sold Simon Calder a dummy ?

I'll get my flights booked for Wembley and buy my Royal Ascot tickets tonight. Looking forward to Lanzarote in July too.

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

I would never support the Tory’s or endorse anything they are offering.....however.....thank absolute f**k we are not taking the zero covid approach.

Get it right round you Airdrie dentist and Mrs Live Laugh Love.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

All over by June, Nightclubs all measures and foreign holidays, the full bhuna. This is "all over by Easter / November / Christmas" all over again despite the protestations that he wouldn't make the same mistakes again. That's just pie in the sky bonkers stuff. Nightclubs open when barely a soul packed inside is going to be vaccinated ?

I'll get my flights booked for Wembley and buy my Royal Ascot tickets tonight. Looking forward to Lanzarote in July too.

We have vaccines now m8. 

This is a big IF, but if BJ's plan comes anywhere close to fruition, the SG are going to look a mile out if they are too cautious.
Any talk of an elimination strategy needs binned, as it required buy-in from England to be remotely possible.
I think something as wild as what just heard from Bojo will play right into her over cautious hands. He's gone so OTT she will scoff at it.

Brilliant if it came to pass but come on that's like the script from an old episode of Fantasy Island....it's a plane, it's a plane boss !!

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

I think something as wild as what just heard from Bojo will play right into her over cautious hands. He's gone so OTT she will scoff at it.

Brilliant if it came to pass but come on that's like the script from an old episode of Fantasy Island....it's a plane, it's a plane boss !!

We'll all still be in Level 3 in June due to Falkirk bus drivers.

Another beat down from BoZo and one of his (old) backbenchers towards the #ZeroCovid headcases. PowttJS.gif

Seeing more realism and pragmatism from the party I have hated all my life, compared with the party I have supported all my life, is troubling to say the least - and depressing in equal measure.

Edited by Elixir

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

I agree with you (for once!). Its being portrayed as cautious, but for me its quite the opposite.

NS said today hers would be broadly similar, but I'd be utterly amazed if its even  close. 

To be similar she'll need to A) bin zero-covid B) allow fans to stadiums in significant numbers C) end social distancing (if thats what 'ending legal limits on social contact' actually means). I genuinely don't beleive she'd do any of that this calendar year.

Just now, Steven W said:

I agree with you (for once!). Its being portrayed as cautious, but for me its quite the opposite.

NS said today hers would be broadly similar, but I'd be utterly amazed if its even  close. 

To be similar she'll need to A) bin zero-covid B) allow fans to stadiums in significant numbers C) end social distancing (if thats what 'ending legal limits on social contact' actually means). I genuinely don't beleive she'd do any of that this calendar year.

She’ll have to if England go the way they are suggesting

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Probably because we'll be living with the virus like the >200 others in circulation in humans.