Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, AllSaint said:

This is fair because as the last 12 months shows the Tories have clearly been held accountable for their actions.  Wait...they’ve literally overseen 120k dead and their support continues to grow.  They can say or do what they want and they will still win the next election. 

It's a weird situation all in really, because no matter how much they make a mess of things both the Tories and the SNP will win overwhelming landslides at the next elections.

2 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

This is fair because as the last 12 months shows the SNP have clearly been held accountable for their actions. Wait...they’ve literally overseen 7k dead and their support continues to grow. They can say or do what they want and they will still win the next election. 

Literally no difference

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Literally no difference

There is a difference, though. Many folk (myself included) will vote for the SNP as a means to an end. Folk vote for the Tories because that's the 'end' they want. There isn't an equivalence here.

Buried on page 28 of the framework.  I think this is a different approach to England. 

It is abundantly clear on the next few pages that we will not move through the 3 week stages if R is above 1.

My worry is Jason & Swinney had the R at 1.3 when it was clearly below 1.

Our approach will continue to be to: • suppress the virus through compliance, with physical distancing and hygiene measures, ensuring the reproduction number remains below 1 

Just now, Gaz said:

There is a difference, though. Many folk (myself included) will vote for the SNP as a means to an end. Folk vote for the Tories because that's the 'end' they want. There isn't an equivalence here.

The "end" being Brexit.

You may feel that your Scottish Nationalism is a better type of Nationalism than Brexit, but voting for either party recently essentially boils down to very similar things

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

The "end" being Brexit.

You may feel that your Scottish Nationalism is a better type of Nationalism than Brexit, but voting for either party recently essentially boils down to very similar things

If what you say is true then the vote for the Tories would have dropped off after Brexit had been voted for. It didn't. It grew.

"Freedom App". 

Like Operation Iraqi Enduring Freedom. This is never going to end. 

Sturgeon also made it sound inevitable. She was adamant that it wouldn't reduce access to public services but other than that it seems to be a fait accompli without a second of parliamentary debate. 

The UK and Israel have been well chosen as Guinea Pigs for this. 

Edited by Detournement

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If what you say is true then the vote for the Tories would have dropped off after Brexit had been voted for. It didn't. It grew.

The 2019 election was fought on a "Get Brexit Done" mantra. There hasn't been an election since.

5 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

You’re mistaking me with someone who has ever voted for or even defended the SNP.

I'm not mistaking you for anything. Just showing how by changing the party and the number the exact same statement is true.

Any sort of "vaccine passport" for domestic usage can absolutely get to f**k. It is acceptable for going abroad and nothing else. 

It has an inevitable feeling of being imolemented due to business demands so they don't get sued because someone visited their premises, got covid and killed their granny by passing it on. 

Edited by Michael W