Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

That's what I mean though. The utter mess they created shouldn't be forgiven or forgotten due to the vaccine rollout.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It won’t be.

:lol: :lol:

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He made a monumental arse of things in more than one way, so he should be in danger of losing his job. He didn't "breach" anything at all, he's just not very good at it.

The fact that the Tories are corrupt and useless doesn't give SNP ministers carte blanche to also be rubbish and escape any consequences on the basis of "at least we're no as bad as thaim".

Aye, a lot of the posting on here is very much Old Firm esque.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Whoever controls the media.....

Oh, there will be constant rumblings about it but the general public won't be making a song and dance (I hope to be proved wrong) and no political party will take it up as a cause celebre. (Again, I hope I'm wrong).

20 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Mrs got hers yesterday. Phoned up and within 15 minutes she was at her surgery getting the vaccine. Incredible how many people aren't going for there vaccine.

Bad news for her today is she is floored. Absolutely fucked, like flu symptoms. However being type 1 diabetic I don't know if this has just made her feel worse.

f**k knows but peace n quiet all day 

I’m type 1 as well and didn’t feel the best.  All good by day three so you have another day's peace. 

Truly you must need to be a 'behavioural scientist' to theorise this cutting edge take:

Posted at 10:14

Concern vaccinated people 'may drop their guard'

8016b458-9b55-4fc1-956a-a74580075f20.jpg

Today Programme

BBC Radio 4

image.gif.60be63689ac2c7899c564d288b63e7bc.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

A behavioural scientist for Sage, the government's science advisors, has warned people may become lax with lockdown restrictions once they've received their coronavirus vaccine.

Prof Susan Michie says: "The concern is that as the vaccination programme rolls out and more people are getting vaccinated themselves and seeing other people in their community getting vaccinated, that people may drop their guard."

Evidence from rollouts of vaccinations for Lyme disease and influenza shows those vaccinated are less likely to stick to those preventative behaviours, says Prof Michie.

In national surveys carried out in December, some 29% of people said that after getting vaccinated they would adhere less strictly and 11% said they would not follow the rules any more.

It's almost like what we've always been told is the way out, which provides people a near guarantee of being prevented from severe illness and death, and which makes them far less likely to be infectious, is going to subsequently lead to them pursuing normal human activities. Err... a bit like any vaccine.

Michie the Communist is probably enjoying this whole situation more than anyone else and is dreading the end being near.

26 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Mrs got hers yesterday. Phoned up and within 15 minutes she was at her surgery getting the vaccine. Incredible how many people aren't going for there vaccine.

Bad news for her today is she is floored. Absolutely fucked, like flu symptoms. However being type 1 diabetic I don't know if this has just made her feel worse.

She got her second dose on Thursday and  was like a burst couch yesterday. Better today, I was sick looking and listening to her.

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It'll be completely forgotten.

Sending old people back to care homes from hospitals to clear wards during the first wave because they believed over the top attention seeking modelling predictions were valid will no doubt be forgotten by many but it won't be even close to completely. 

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, a lot of the posting on here is very much Old Firm esque.

Yeah 100% this. I never venture into the Politics forum after having a brief look aHe’s ago and seeing the absolute state of it, so the Old Firm political mentality has become really clear in this thread. With a large portion of people it’s any criticism of the SNP/ScotGov and you are a Tory vs any criticism of Westminster/Union/praise for SNP/ScotGov and you are a lockdownphile who wants to restrict liberties forever. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah 100% this. I never venture into the Politics forum after having a brief look aHe’s ago and seeing the absolute state of it, so the Old Firm political mentality has become really clear in this thread. With a large portion of people it’s any criticism of the SNP/ScotGov and you are a Tory vs any criticism of Westminster/Union/praise for SNP/ScotGov and you are a lockdownphile who wants to restrict liberties forever. 

I don't go on it much either, but was drawn to the "Alec Salmond" thread. You'll want to live in an independent country after reading it.

I'm thinking about Syria.

My wife got her jab yesterday. No ill effects at all [emoji106]

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've to go to the Louisa Jordan next week, anyone know what the deal is with car parking?

I'm heading there tomorrow morning with the Mrs as she is getting her jab. Hopefully someone will give you an answer today, if not I'll update tomorrow morning .

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

wtf is he on about?

When did we have a lockdown and other restrictions placed upon us during an influenza outbreak or a tick infestation?

Lyme disease is f**king horrible btw, I don't remember any vaccination program for it.

How can that compared with what we have been through over the last year?

Again this is someone getting wound up about people getting back to normal life and simply doing people things.

Viruses are something we have to live with, the risk is always going to be around. But at least progressing through the vaccination rollout there is less and less risk in fatalities or serious illness with the groups still to be vaccinated. This guy is going to have a bad day the day the lockdowns are lifted.

I take it he doesn't smoke cigars.

She/her* 😛

Eh just to say that maybe high schoolsters should be given 4 weeks off before their easter break in exchange for going to school for 4 weeks in the summer.

So swapping 4 weeks of blended learning when parents are at home during lockdown for 4 weeks of proper learning in the summer when their parents need to be out at work driving the economy. 

A six week easter holiday when the going is bad and still space for a couple of weeks off in summer before the next school year begins.

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

7 day lockdown ordered in Auckland because 1 case was discovered. 

A true case study in idiocy, however - the guy went for a Covid test and then went to the gym. 

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0227/1199696-coronavirus-new-zealand/

I'd be willing to bet that come June/July, things will be a lot closer to normal here than they are in New Zealand and Australia...