Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure if Malaysia, Indonesia or Thailand are great models for us to follow tbh.

No. But their mistakes are good mistakes to avoid.

Even 8f you have the symptoms you can still brief exercise or take the dog out or even get supplies as long as you take precautions and nobody else ca  do it for you. Obviously that is meant to be just one person

Pretty quiet around West end but still pairs or groups of joggers running about as well as family groups.

Mate said Hogganfield loch was as busy as he's ever seen it. There was even a fucking ice cream van 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'm sorry, mate. You're wrong.

Social distancing is reducing your social contact with other people.

Closing schools is social distancing. Working from home is social distancing. Closing public transport is public distancing. Not going to your local pub is social distancing.

A lockdown is a measure of social distancing.

The fact that you are wrong about what social distancing means this far into this pandemic shows the failures of the UK's mixed messages on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_distancing

No, you're wrong. Those places are shut because its impossible to ensure you will be more than 2m away from people and they have surfaces people are touching.

Have you listened to nothing Jason Leitch has said or are you more qualified than him?

Hes just retweeted this ffs 

https://twitter.com/susan_pym/status/1241461346375479296?s=20

A very clear example of correct #SocialDistancing. Hugh Pym is 2 metres tall. This is what 2m looks like. #CoronaCrisisuk #Covid_19 #BeLikeHughBeTwo https://t.co/BAqjZdHiAd

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

No, you're wrong. Those places are shut because its impossible to ensure you will be more than 2m away from people. 

Have you listened to nothing Jason Leitch has said or are you more qualified than him?

Hes just retweeted this fast

I don't know how to respond to this.

What is demonstrated in that picture is one example of social distancing. Social distancing does not only refer to the act of standing 2 metres from someone. That is one aspect of social distancing.

Quarantine is another type of social distancing. Isolation another type.

What you're saying is like insisting that a poodle is the only type of dog.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

You know that more restrictive actions are coming so what do you gain by following the less restrictive ones until 11.59 the night before? Just get used to doing without a lot of this now.

Because more restrictive measures are only required because people aren't following the currently advised measures. 

There's absolutely no danger if you are following the current guidelines properly. Me going to the park for a walk 100m from another soul is zero risk to anyone. 

At least if I don't take anything else from this crisis at least I now know how to wash my hands properly now.

You just wonder about the ones who haven't or don't even bother...

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Me going to the park for a walk 100m from another soul is zero risk to anyone. 

Except it is. Because it makes people think normal life is ok.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

What is demonstrated in that picture is one example of social distancing. Social distancing does not only refer to the act of standing 2 metres from someone. That is one aspect of social distancing.

So, you do know more than Jason Leitch then, who is suggesting going outside for walks is absolutely fine.. 

To quote the man himself  'Where did you get your Masters in Public health?'

6 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

No, you're wrong. Those places are shut because its impossible to ensure you will be more than 2m away from people and they have surfaces people are touching.

Hes just retweeted this ffs 

A very clear example of correct #SocialDistancing. Hugh Pym is 2 metres tall. This is what 2m looks like. #CoronaCrisisuk #Covid_19 #BeLikeHughBeTwo https://t.co/BAqjZdHiAd

There's about 3 inches between that tall lad and the other two folk.

16 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

No they aren't. Social distancing is staying 2m apart. If you aren't staying 2m apart you aren't practising social distancing. 

I think the problem here is that you don't understand what that means, so have just invented your own definition..

As I said you are talking about lockdown. We may get there, but we're not there yet. And if we do get there its because idiots don't practise social distancing. 

And he's saying that he's already experienced the idiots not practising social distancing., he doesn't need to wait another week to find out the inevitable. 

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't know of any pubs in Dundee that are open. There's been a suggestion on Twitter that a few are doing lock-ins but when pressed, the people mooring this don't know the pubs in question.

Gonna be difficult to monitor such behaviour without a complete lockdown, which won't happen.

Just been sent a video of a dolphin bar in Dundee that was supposedly open yesterday, it was bouncing tae. No idea if there is a bar named that or if it was indeed yesterday though 

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

So, you do know more than Jason Leitch then, who is suggesting going outside for walks is absolutely fine.. 

To quote the man himself  'Where did you get your Masters in Public health?'

He's not the only health advisor in the world.

The health advisors where I live have advised that going for a run or a walk in the park is not ok.

Where's your Masters in Public Health to argue with them?

ETA: Remember, they came to the conclusion these activities were not ok after trying them for a while.

Edited by JTS98

Just now, ayrmad said:

And he's saying that he's already experienced the idiots not practising social distancing., he doesn't need to wait another week to find out the inevitable. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't go into lockdown. I can see the reasons for that. Those reasons being people aren't following Social distancing guidelines. Because they're idiots.

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

This is the current  level of social distancing recommended in Scotland and the UK. There are also similar guidelines for self isolation.

I feel they'd be adequate if everyone abided by them. The problem is those that aren't, imo.

The health advisors where I live have advised that going for a run or a walk in the park is not ok.

Oh really? Name them....

Is it your cousin from another town that went to that other school..nah, you won't know them, they left in 4th year and went to..

Name names.