Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Having a 4 year old and temporarily living with the mother in law mean that staying in the house all day everyday is completely impractical. 

Completely impractical or just not what you'd prefer doing with your time?

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Stuff Yes Lockdown wont stop being people dicks n doing what the f**k they want. Maybe london to start with but just cant see it
Even with lockdown eh will still be heading to work

Oh shut up, it's hardly the Burma Railway.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Get supplies ? If they have symptoms they best bide away n stay indoors.
Cheers

True but that's the current advice 🤷‍♂️

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

You do wonder if there are different circumstances for those on each side of the fence. Having a 4 year old and temporarily living with the mother in law mean that staying in the house all day everyday is completely impractical. We’ve been to various places this weekend but all of them meant being as far away from others as possible - river walk in Angus and Lunan Bay for the beach. Be lucky if we saw another 20 folk all weekend. 

Nobody's saying it's not shite.

People in other countries live with their families too, and are being forced to stay at home with them.

It's absolutely shite, but it's also very important.

17 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Just been sent a video of a dolphin bar in Dundee that was supposedly open yesterday, it was bouncing tae. No idea if there is a bar named that or if it was indeed yesterday though 

Dolphin wasn't open yesterday. The video you've been sent is from Friday. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I just find JTS’s “send the army in but not to shoot anybody” policy some laugh.

It'll happen soon enough. Not sure what's amusing.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why is it "impractical"? I'm not in that situation so perhaps not understanding why you can't stay in the house.

You can sit and keep yourself amused with various things in the house. A four year old Bairn can but not for very long.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I've got a toddler and a garden so I can get out each day and have him helping me (I'm doing an incredible amount of weeding at least!), 1 week since I last left the house that seems to have been manageable. We've done some Skype play dates with other mums that has been OK. I can get *some* work done at home.

I can foresee him getting bored after a few more weeks but so far so good. If the weather changes it'll be a different story. Folk who don't have the run of the house or don't have a garden would absolutely be bouncing off the walls if they couldn't leave, but it's coming in one form or another.

I can safely say that if I am the last man on earth I still won't be doing any gardening or DIY.