Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Can we travel down to Wembley in June? 

She said they hope to be allowing cross border travel from 26 April when travel between different local authorities is allowed, so should be.

I'm assuming we'll get some official documents published by Scot Gov today showing what the levels now entail? The Level 1 & 0 they're talking about are surely going to be different to the previous 1 & 0?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've never done it.  I didn't think barbers did that.  Just hairdresser/salon type places.

I can sort of understand why they're saying appointments are required, because it stops people just turning up and forming a massive queue. But it does overlook the vast majority of "short back and sides"-type barbers.

I don't think my usual barber even has an advertised phone number. 

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

She said they hope to be allowing cross border travel from 26 April when travel between different local authorities is allowed, so should be.

I'm assuming we'll get some official documents published by Scot Gov today showing what the levels now entail? The Level 1 & 0 they're talking about are surely going to be different to the previous 1 & 0?

Hope we can get fans into Wembley. :thumsup2

Can we travel down to Wembley in June? 

I see no reason why not. Cross border travel, hotels and hospitality all open, no need for ‘essential’ requirement.

The police maybe wouldn’t be chuffed with 20,000 guys gathering in Trafalgar Square right enough.

I honestly can't remember the last time I made an appointment for a haircut.
My usual barber just works on a turn-up-and-cut basis. 
My barber only brought in a booking system after lockdown 1. Helps them with track & trace and to control the number of folk in at one time.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

I see no reason why not. Cross border travel, hotels and hospitality all open, no need for ‘essential’ requirement.

The police maybe wouldn’t be chuffed with 20,000 guys gathering in Trafalgar Square right enough.

Hopefully the SFA get the tickets sorted for those SSC members soon. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

I can sort of understand why they're saying appointments are required, because it stops people just turning up and forming a massive queue. But it does overlook the vast majority of "short back and sides"-type barbers.

I don't think my usual barber even has an advertised phone number. 

HTH

Screenshot_20210316-150150_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

If children are classed as under 12 then a fair number. There will be loads of households with 2 teenagers or 2 adults in their early twenties that still live at home and work or attend college.

That's fair enough. Hadn't considered that.

8 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

My head remains attached, there's still some stuff I disagree with but I can't go into a mega rage as I have before. Noting that I didn't hear anything about stadiums other than when she was talking about tier 0 to basically nothing. That would be in July, so Euros seems a bit doubtful. 

"Small-scale" indoor and outdoor events allowed from 15th May subject to capacity, and "attendance at events can increase numbers" from "early June".

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's quite incredible 

It's incredible they don't appear to have changed their "living with covid" strategy since last October, despite their not only being a vaccine available, but expected to be in the arms of every adult by the end of July.

What we have proposed at the moment doesn't look too much better than last summer. It only seems really good because of how shite the last 5 months have been.

It's a decent start to move away from the ultra negative tone, but ultimately this still falls way short of exiting covid restrictions and putting the pandemic behind us.

Edited by Todd_is_God

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Level 0 in the last publication was still quite restrictive, and if it doesn't change is some distance away from what England wants to achieve by 21st June.

I didn't catch it, was international travel, large gatherings (e.g. Crowds at Hampden), removal of social distancing mooted at all?

She did say 'at least level 0' which indicates that level 0 in late June is what they hope is a worst caser scenario.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's incredible they don't appear to have changed their plans since last October, despite their not only being a vaccine available, but expected to be in the arms of every adult by the end of July.

What we have proposed at the moment doesn't look too much better than last summer. It only seems really good because of how shite the last 5 months have been.

It's a decent start to move away from the ultra negative tone, but ultimately this still falls way short of exiting covid restrictions and putting the pandemic behind us.

sad lucifer morningstar GIF by Lucifer

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

"Small-scale" indoor and outdoor events allowed from 15th May subject to capacity, and "attendance at events can increase numbers" from "early June".

Ah didn't clock that. I'm hoping that the vaccine continues to cigar it's way through this pandemic and we can see that start a week or two earlier. 

Back in the glory days when I still had hair, my barber had a dusty sign on the wall saying that Tuesday was their appointment day. I don't know if anyone ever bothered booking an appointment, there was never a queue unless you went on a Saturday or during the school holidays. Sadly my only barber appointments these days are in front of my bathroom mirror with a Mach 3. [emoji3525]