Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fair fucks. I was just going by what I've read people down south say on twitter

By what I see and hear from various sources, it appears that after the shambolic start, the various experts down here are light years ahead in professionalism & realistic outcomes compared to the pair of clowns who are shaping the narrative up there. The Government, obviously, not so much.

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/children-to-get-covid-jabs-by-end-of-year-scientists-predict-r3plxg28f

Sridhar wanting hotel quarantine for anyone coming in to remain in place until winter.

Manchester and Newcastle airports are going to very busy if that happens.

Hotel Perkin, a convenient 30 minute drive from Manchester Airport. Taxi Service available, PM for room rates.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/children-to-get-covid-jabs-by-end-of-year-scientists-predict-r3plxg28f
Sridhar wanting hotel quarantine for anyone coming in to remain in place until winter.
My July holiday is due paid in 2 weeks. Intend phoning Jet2 prior to the date to see the lie of the land. Will report back as if looking unlikely from Glasgow intend inquiring about switching to English airports assuming any holidays will be possible which seems highly unlikely for July right now with the BBC story and a "3rd wave" starting to rip through mostly unvaccinated Europe.

IMG_1616244016.502166.thumb.jpg.0fc6ea74a3dc057fbd0dfdc9b630c7a4.jpg

This is a new table of case numbers broken down by age group on Travelling Tabby.

If ever you needed a graph showing the impact of the vaccine, this is it. The upticks are all in the unvaccinated / less vaccinated groups.

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The average holiday maker is fucked by the looks of things. Presumably the super rich will still get their luxury breaks. 

Screenshot_2021-03-20-12-39-22-839_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:
5 minutes ago, Detournement said:
The average holiday maker is fucked by the looks of things. Presumably the super rich will still get their luxury breaks. 
Screenshot_2021-03-20-12-39-22-839_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9813c43c6e0da9e3a4920afde3505bfe.jpg

Did anyone press him along the lines of "what new variants?"

No because they aren't morons.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
12 minutes ago, Detournement said:
No because they aren't morons.

I'd like to understand what these variants are and where they come from. Unless of course they don't actually exist yet.

Again I'm not sure if you are actually serious here. 

New variants will arise in this European third wave and the SH winter. That is guaranteed.

By the time a dangerous variant has been identified it's too late to do anything about it so precautions need to be taken. 

21 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

IMG_1616244016.502166.thumb.jpg.0fc6ea74a3dc057fbd0dfdc9b630c7a4.jpg

This is a new table of case numbers broken down by age group on Travelling Tabby.

If ever you needed a graph showing the impact of the vaccine, this is it. The upticks are all in the unvaccinated / less vaccinated groups.

I think that's pretty definitive stuff.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Any 'take' would be wild if you didn't actually read what I posted. 

If we lived in England, we would get the same kind of insufferable adverts that Leitch is in, but with whitty btw. Plenty on YouTube 

He's not been on too much recently , to be fair. There was an advert he was on a while back - it was pretty drab and one might say on brand for Whitty. He will be very happy when he no longer has to do this stuff. It's clear he's uncomfortable with it and that's fine - just not his thing. 

What he hasn't done is go on Off The Ball every other week or similar, which isn't really necessary and too much of someone like that will turn you against them. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

What he hasn't done is go on Off The Ball every other week or similar, which isn't really necessary and too much of someone like that will turn you against them. 

@Marshmallo was right in identifying his potential demographic. What is worrying is that people in Government and at the BBC think this is what a huge part of the population are like and want.

"How do we reach stubborn men with our message?

Put Jason on Off the Ball, they love footy and he's from one of those towns they live in".

Again I'm not sure if you are actually serious here. 
New variants will arise in this European third wave and the SH winter. That is guaranteed.
By the time a dangerous variant has been identified it's too late to do anything about it so precautions need to be taken. 

New variants occur all the time, and always will. Almost all of them no worse than existing variants.

If a yet to be discovered variant evades existing vaccines then it doesn't matter if it's this summer or next summer or the summer after that, we'll need to react. It's not a reason to restrict international travel otherwise we'll never get out of the cycle.