Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It's a fairly simple point to comprehend. Advice over the last 12 months from politicians to scientists has evolved as they better understand the virus.

I would sympathise this point of view a lot more if it wasn't the case that the only thing which politicians/advisors/scientists have been consistent on in these past twelve months was their smug as f**k, condescending attitude towards us plebs.

A 'we know more than you' energy radiating off them even as what they knew continued to be undercut by new research.

And even then, they're often still far too slow to act on their 'evolved' advice, given that we still can barely meet each other outdoors even though all data from last summer showed how absolutely fucking harmless this is.

Edited by HibsFan

15 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Just want to emphasise IMO that, even if it had somehow led to a spike, I still wouldn't have blamed those pesky bears for gathering under those circumstances.

I imagine title presentation day will be even worse for crowds there. Inducing more knicker wetting from Sturgeon, Devi and JL

Edited by Thereisalight..

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I would sympathise this point of view a lot more if it wasn't the case that the only thing which politicians/advisors/scientists have been consistent on in these past twelve months was their smug as f**k, condescending attitude towards us plebs.

A 'we know more than you' energy radiating off them even as what they knew continued to be undercut by new research.

And even then, they're often still far too slow to act on their 'evolved' advice, given that we still can barely meet each other outdoors even though all data from last summer showed how absolutely fucking harmless this is.

Agree, Leitch is guilty of this condescending, smug p***k attitude.  The grannies like him though, which is maybe why he's got the gig.

30 odd students at Dundee uni have tested positive after a flat party last weekend. The state of my Facebook rn with folk commenting on one of the articles saying they should be getting chucked off their courses and calling them idiots, when, surprise surprisea bunch of the ones moaning are the same ones updating their stories with the gals round every Saturday for prosecco and Ant and Dec. 

Got my first AZ jag this morning. Place didnt seem too busy at all. Streets were busy though, probably why east ren is soaring to the top of the shame chart.
We're set up to have people in and out in 10 minutes now rather than the 25 minutes with Pfizer so provided people are turning up when they're advised to and there's no delays with booking in or people complaining about having to change their masks and sanitise on entry then it should never appear too busy.

37 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

30 odd students at Dundee uni have tested positive after a flat party last weekend. The state of my Facebook rn with folk commenting on one of the articles saying they should be getting chucked off their courses and calling them idiots, when, surprise surprisea bunch of the ones moaning are the same ones updating their stories with the gals round every Saturday for prosecco and Ant and Dec. 

Screenshot_20210319_212015_com.android.chrome.jpg

Some week. A very positive FM message, great weather and I had the AZ jag earlier with no side effects (yet). Do I risk breaking the feel good factor by paying to  watch the Forfar game or just sit outside with beer and pies? *

*Beer and pies, obv.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They arent taking it by choice but do you think it's ok for ethnic minorities to be shunned from football/events because of this? 

I don't think it's ok for those who simply there isn't even the option of taking the vaccine to be shunned from football/events.

Some week. A very positive FM message, great weather and I had the AZ jag earlier with no side effects (yet). Do I risk breaking the feel good factor by paying to  watch the Forfar game or just sit outside with beer and pies? *

*Beer and pies, obv.
It took 2 days for the sore arm to kick in for me, but that's all I've had.

30 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
32 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

*Beer and pies, obv.

It took 2 days for the sore arm to kick in for me, but that's all I've had.

You sure that wasn’t because you were tearing the heid aff it after you got your jag?

BBC News currently reporting about Europe facing a "third wave". Looks pretty grim for them at the moment.

The evidence of how well the vaccines are doing just keeps piling up. Despite making a c**t of it at almost every turn, the one thing they have got right might just save the government's arse.

43 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

*Beer and pies, obv.

You're playing us. The worst case scenario from a Loons point-of-view should be a 0-0.