Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Other studies have shown up to 60 pct efficacy.

One study I looked at showed that there was no hospitalisations  due to it.

Incidentally WHO are backing vaccine against strain.

I was driving so wasn't totally concentrating but he did state that the high efficacy studies were all done in labs rather than in the population. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Because they are actually trained experts in this field, and are very much of the opinion that Zero Covid is impossible.  Which it practically is.

Leitch is a dentist who doesn't know what he's talking about, wants some form of restrictions forever in the search for Zero Covid, which with Scotland having open borders with countries who are not seeking Zero Covid, is never going to happen.  He's enjoying being the face of Covid in Scotland, and know's he'll soon have to go back to his practice, fingering the mouths of people who haven't brushed their teeth in 20 years.

This is juvenile pish.

He probably is a bit overexposed these days and he's said some things that haven't stood up over a longer term.  However, he's eminently qualified in the realm of public health and he's capable of communicating clearly and with authority.  

His approach to any emergence from lockdown can be characterised as cautious, perhaps even excessively so, which means that some of the shoutier wee lads on here get terribly shrill in questioning his credentials and motives.

It's often a bit embarrassing watching them nicking each other's names for him.

This is juvenile pish.
He probably is a bit overexposed these days and he's said some things that haven't stood up over a longer term.  However, he's eminently qualified in the realm of public health and he's capable of communicating clearly and with authority.  
His approach to any emergence from lockdown can be characterised as cautious, perhaps even excessively so, which means that some of the shoutier wee lads on here get terribly shrill in questioning his credentials and motives.
^^^ One of The Guys.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is juvenile pish.

He's a patronising twat and you seem to take great delight in being as snide and smug on here. Get over yourself. 

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is juvenile pish.

There’s nothing juvenile or pish about it I’m afraid. It’s the popular consensus on here, whether you like it or not.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is juvenile pish.

No he isn’t.  His job is in quality of clinical services.  That in no way qualifies him as an expert in public health.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No he isn’t.  His job is in quality of clinical services.  That in no way qualifies him as an expert in public health.

One of his many qualifications is a degree which focusses on public health practice (Masters in Public Health from Harvard).

I think he's made some major mistakes in this and has infuriated me on many occasions but the notion he doesn't have training and qualification in public health just isn't true. 

Jason Leitch.

Master of Public Health

There’s nothing juvenile or pish about it I’m afraid. It’s the popular consensus on here, whether you like it or not.

It’s really not the popular consensus. It’s the view of number of total nuggets, one of which thinks 30,000 is the same as zero, and another who declared Covid over as a public health emergency in August 2020.

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

One of his many qualifications is a degree which focusses on public health practice (Masters in Public Health from Harvard).

I think he's made some major mistakes in this and has infuriated me on many occasions but the notion he doesn't have training and qualification in public health just isn't true. 

Jason Leitch.

Master of Public Health

I've got a Master of Science Degree but you wouldn't put me in charge of CERN necessarily.

"Black Hole created. P&B twat blamed for ending the Universe"

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s really not the popular consensus. It’s the view of number of total nuggets, one of which thinks 30,000 is the same as zero, and another who declared Covid over as a public health emergency in August 2020.

He wants zero covid which is next to impossible. Anyone with more than 6 brain cells can see right though his shite. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

I've got a Master of Science Degree but you wouldn't put me in charge of CERN necessarily.

"Black Hole created. P&B twat blamed for ending the Universe"

That's a very fair point 👍

For all I know it may be relevant to Jason Leitch.  I'm fully aware that the many qualifications he has are no guarantee to expertise but I'm weary of the easy point scoring that 'the dentist' is somehow  doing a job that he has no training to do. 

Remember when this shitstorm first started, Leitch was quite happily bragging on the television that his wife was at some big concert and the chances of the virus spreading there was virtually less than zero. Turned out well, that theory, didn’t it?...

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Can't imagine why this country relentlessly votes Tory

I didn’t take the first lockdown seriously at all but I know that other folk did.

I’ve taken this lockdown even less seriously- if that’s possible.

Just back from a night out at friends house 🍺 🍺 

will be out again tomorrow night as I have been every weekend since lockdown began

my conscience is clear - indeed I’m improving the situation 

20 minutes ago, supermik said:

Remember when this shitstorm first started, Leitch was quite happily bragging on the television that his wife was at some big concert and the chances of the virus spreading there was virtually less than zero. Turned out well, that theory, didn’t it?...

He was right first time 

2 minutes ago, Baz Chuckle said:

I didn’t take the first lockdown seriously at all but I know that other folk did.

I’ve taken this lockdown even less seriously- if that’s possible.

Just back from a night out at friends house 🍺 🍺 

will be out again tomorrow night as I have been every weekend since lockdown began

my conscience is clear - indeed I’m improving the situation 

Glad you had a good night ma man and even happier to see you posting on your favourite website after a few bevvies and surrounded by, I hope, pleasant company. 

For me, he's never quite managed to find the boundary between trying to be popular and acting like a politician. I think that a year ago he made a lot of predictions and claims that didn't ever come true ("write it in pencil, don't write it in pen") and he's now gone completely the other way. There's no doubt value in someone who can speak to the Off the Ball demographic, or who can break everything down into analogies, but I genuinely now don't give much credence to anything he says as he's tripped up so many times.

The other guy who does the briefings (Gregor something) is a lot more steady. Doesn't over-promise, provides knowledge but doesn't dilute it with his own opinions.