Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Of all the tropes from the Simps, one of the worst is them getting absolutely schooled in their attempted defences of Clownshoes and squealing "AD LIKE TAE SEE YOU DAE A BETTER JOB!" at a bunch of non-entity VLs on The Pie and Bovril Forum, as if this is a valid argument in favour of The National Clinical Director of the Scottish Government.
The saddest part is I reckon the vast majority of The Main Players could have done a better job!
.20210303_144828.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Of all the tropes from the Simps, one of the worst is them getting absolutely schooled in their attempted defences of Clownshoes and squealing "AD LIKE TAE SEE YOU DAE A BETTER JOB!" at a bunch of non-entity VLs on The Pie and Bovril Forum, as if this is a valid argument in favour of The National Clinical Director of the Scottish Government.

The saddest part is I reckon the vast majority of The Main Players could have done a better job!

9C880B0F-291B-447D-8304-0120E3655635.gif

Yet again some scientists seem desperate to completely disregard the fact that we have multiple vaccines which are currently working far better than expected. Add in that our vaccination program is the only thing we've done well while Europe are fucking theirs up on a massive scale.

Yet again some scientists seem desperate to completely disregard the fact that we have multiple vaccines which are currently working far better than expected. Add in that our vaccination program is the only thing we've done well while Europe are fucking theirs up on a massive scale.
I think its quite possible despite our vaccination program, to have a third wave. If many of the restrictions are removed while between a third and half the population remains unvaccinated, there will be another spike in cases.

The big difference is those cases shouldn't yield much in the way of serious illness so we shouldn't be too worried about it.

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

That's my point.  People change opinion, scientists change advice.  You could probably highlight comments from every politician, scientist and advisor from 12 months ago re Covid and call them out for it based on what we know now.

Even posters on here change their opinion and/or get it wrong...

On 25/10/2020 at 09:00, Jacksgranda said:

I came round to that conclusion a wee while ago. Those that need to (e.g: me, my wife and our daughter) continue to shield as best as possible with very limited contact with others, and those that don't need to shield carry on (with continued social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing etc). 

On 25/10/2020 at 08:42, Jacksgranda said:

The vaccine won't be ready this time next year, never mind for Christmas 2020.

35 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Apparently this third wave in Europe is being driven by the Kent variant.  Possibly the only thing we’ve exported to the EU since Brexit.

Aye the delay is it got stuck in customs as Johny Foreigner was taken aback at having to pay import VAT.

It's not been standing empty to be fair though and while it wasn't needed for Covid it had been used to deliver important healthcare.
From the BBC-By the time it closes at the end of March, it will have hosted:
  • More than 30,000 outpatient and diagnostic appointments
  • Almost 7,000 students in training
  • 175,000 vaccination appointments.

So, are you telling me that Elixir was 30,000 patients out in his claim that the Louisa Jordan had seen no patients?

And he has the brass neck to call Leitch “clownshoes”?

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It wasn't in the leaflet but the lovely Ian who gave me my jab did say "I hope you don't get the diarrhea" 

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

Got my jab this morning and my chicken madras is on it's way. Fight fire with fire.

You're supposed to eat it...

On 12/01/2021 at 21:11, HibsFan said:

Trying to phrase this as kindly and sensitively as possible, but they're not exactly the healthiest-looking 25 year old I've ever seen, with blood pressure issues being tucked away halfway down the article for good measure.

Still a tragic death, of course, and condolences to the family, but what are the BBC's purposes for writing that article?

"SEE? Anyone can die from it! Even you young people, so don't be selfish and go to the park!"

Well, statistically, no that just isn't the case at all. Let's keep things in perspective here.

They seem to be writing one of these articles every fortnight now with the sole intention of winding me up.

Once again, it's a very sad story and extremely tragic circumstances to leave a young family behind in, with the oldest sister being nothing short of heroic in the effort that she's putting in to keep the family going.

But again, the narrative that seems to be at play here is "SEE? Anyone can die from it! Even you young people, so don't be selfish and meet your pals!"

And then you click on the pictures and...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56445577

Maybe I should be posting this on the obesity thread I started up instead, but either way there is such a strong correlation between being seriously overweight and having serious problems with coronavirus that it's been such a weird thing to see ignored repeatedly by just about everyone.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

They seem to be writing one of these articles every fortnight now with the sole intention of winding me up.

Once again, it's a very sad story and extremely tragic circumstances to leave a young family behind in, with the oldest sister being nothing short of heroic in the effort that she's putting in to keep the family going.

But again, the narrative that seems to be at play here is "SEE? Anyone can die from it! Even you young people, so don't be selfish and meet your pals!"

And then you click on the pictures and...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-56445577

Maybe I should be posting this on the obesity thread I started up instead, but either way there is such a strong correlation between being seriously overweight and having serious problems with coronavirus that it's been such a weird thing to see ignored repeatedly by just about everyone.

Kala-Jai, 19, Jayden, 17, Preston-James, 14, and seven-year-old Bobbee-Mae 

And Chelsea -Leigh herself of course.

God help them.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Kala-Jai, 19, Jayden, 17, Preston-James, 14, and seven-year-old Bobbee-Mae 

And Chelsea -Leigh herself of course.

God help them.

I yearn for the simpler days when everyone was called Kylie, even the boys.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

The match thread and the Rangers thread were full of folk completely losing the run of themselves over it. It was never, ever going to lead to a spike in cases.

Just want to emphasise IMO that, even if it had somehow led to a spike, I still wouldn't have blamed those pesky bears for gathering under those circumstances.