Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Glad you had a good night ma man and even happier to see you posting on your favourite website after a few bevvies and surrounded by, I hope, pleasant company. 

Best website ever

looking forward to corporate hospitality at Greenhill Road on div once this Shite is over 👍

Situation on the continent as a whole looks quite bleak by all accounts. The vaccines really are the way out of this and I'm surprised how much of a f**k up many countries have made of starting it.

45 minutes ago, Baz Chuckle said:

I didn’t take the first lockdown seriously at all but I know that other folk did.

I’ve taken this lockdown even less seriously- if that’s possible.

Just back from a night out at friends house 🍺 🍺 

will be out again tomorrow night as I have been every weekend since lockdown began

my conscience is clear - indeed I’m improving the situation 

tenor (2).gif

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've got a Master of Science Degree but you wouldn't put me in charge of CERN necessarily.

"Black Hole created. P&B twat blamed for ending the Universe"

I'd  give you a trial, a couple of weeks to see how things tootle along.

My jag has fucked me up. Went to bed early woke up freezing, then sweating my baws off. Then eventually had to get up with a banging headache and I'm all aches and pains. I feel like I've got covid again. 

Leitch appeals to that mid 40s to mid 60s Scottish middle class male bracket who think simultaneously 

- They are worldly wise due to their "life experience"

- They could handle themselves in a fight for some reason

- They are "straight talkers"

- Everyone under the age of 35 with an opinion has ideas above their station

- Think they're some sort of working class hero done good despite having very comfortable upbringings

Leitch is the embodiment of that lot.

Edited by Marshmallo

Leitch as an advisor has spoken about zero covid, an anathema to many on here, so everything he and sridhar says is deconstructed and torn apart and ridiculed in minute details. Many errors made in Scotland are attributed to them. 

Contrast with Whitty, who, as the actual cmo of England has technically been in charge of their (equally) absolutely atrocious response to the pandemic, regularly making foot in the mouth comments, wildly incorrect predictions etc. But because he once specifically said zero covid was unachievable, he is regularly given the benefit of the doubt, and even lauded as someone we should aspire to employ as cmo because qualifications, despite making as many public f**k ups as Leitch and co (dentist lol) and literally being in charge of their abysmal response to the pandemic. 

Edited by madwullie

Leitch as an advisor has spoken about zero covid, an anathema to many on here, so everything he and sridhar says is deconstructed and torn apart and ridiculed in minute details. Many errors made in Scotland are attributed to them. 
Contrast with Whitty, who, as the actual cmo of England has technically been in charge of their (equally) absolutely atrocious response to the pandemic, regularly making foot in the mouth comments, wildly incorrect predictions etc. But because he once specifically said zero covid was unachievable, he is regularly given the benefit of the doubt, and even lauded as someone we should aspire to employ as cmo because qualifications, despite making as many public f**k ups as Leitch and co (dentist lol) and literally being in charge of their abysmal response to the pandemic. 
Youv probably boiled it all down a bit too far there m8.

Anyway, Jason Leitch has slowly but surely, over the period of the pandemic, become a condescending, sanctimonious w****r.

Devi Sridhar effectively told people who were suffering mentally through the most trying period of time in living memory to suck it up.

Both of them can go and f**k themselves.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Youv probably boiled it all down a bit too far there m8.

Anyway, Jason Leitch has slowly but surely, over the period of the pandemic, become a condescending, sanctimonious w****r.

Devi Sridhar effectively told people who were suffering mentally through the most trying period of time in living memory to suck it up.

Both of them can go and f**k themselves.

I dunno, I think it's a pretty fair summation. 

TBF I did think for a while the the stidhar stuff was mainly misogyny due to the extreme nature of the reaction against her. But then Leitch is (now) held equally in contempt so I'm not so sure. 

Edit: a poster literally gave the zero covid stuff as the reason a few pages back and wished we had whitty because he doesn't think it's a achievable. 

Edited by madwullie

23 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Throw in the fact that Leitch has an attachment to some church, and hanging very quickly becomes far too good for him.

36 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Leitch appeals to that mid 40s to mid 60s Scottish middle class male bracket who think simultaneously 

- They are worldly wise due to their "life experience"

- They could handle themselves in a fight for some reason

- They are "straight talkers"

- Everyone under the age of 35 with an opinion has ideas above their station

- Think they're some sort of working class hero done good despite having very comfortable upbringings

Leitch is the embodiment of that lot.

Do you find that such absurd, generalising furthers your cause, such as it is?

7 hours ago, David W said:

For me, he's never quite managed to find the boundary between trying to be popular and acting like a politician. I think that a year ago he made a lot of predictions and claims that didn't ever come true ("write it in pencil, don't write it in pen") and he's now gone completely the other way. There's no doubt value in someone who can speak to the Off the Ball demographic, or who can break everything down into analogies, but I genuinely now don't give much credence to anything he says as he's tripped up so many times.

The other guy who does the briefings (Gregor something) is a lot more steady. Doesn't over-promise, provides knowledge but doesn't dilute it with his own opinions. 

That's all pretty fair.

I'm not a fan myself.  I'm a bit sick of the sight of him and he's demonstrably got things wrong.

7 hours ago, Baz Chuckle said:

I didn’t take the first lockdown seriously at all but I know that other folk did.

I’ve taken this lockdown even less seriously- if that’s possible.

Just back from a night out at friends house 🍺 🍺 

will be out again tomorrow night as I have been every weekend since lockdown began

my conscience is clear - indeed I’m improving the situation 

877A2D10-3A6B-43B9-94B7-69C8AE37E29D.jpeg

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There’s nothing juvenile or pish about it I’m afraid. It’s the popular consensus on here, whether you like it or not.

:lol: That is truly laughable.

Whether your view reflects a consensus on here is not of any interest or concern.  Why would it be?  You really do want this place to be one of those echo chamber things we hear about, don't you?

It absolutely is juvenile to characterise Leitch as "a dentist who doesn't know what he's talking about".  Take issue with what he says by all means, but attacks of that nature just make you look foolish.