Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

You fill in your full name and details etc and Docs surgery and who you care for Parents etc
This is then checked before you are accepted. Can't remember the full process but it isn't a free for all

Aye, our doctors' surgery has a note on our files that myself and my wife are carers for our daughter, although it's nearly getting to the stage where we need caring for ourselves.

However, we got our vaccinations under other criteria, and are patiently waiting for the call for our second jag.

14 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The Bellend in Chief still pushing "closer to normality" shite.

Just have your large gathering inside a church seeing as that is apparently acceptable now :rolleyes: 

38 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

While I’ve been in the huff and taking a break from playing down the vaccines, rather than undertaking a period of self reflection,  I’ve been working on using fear and misery to line my pockets yet further.

Stable Doors: How We Can Fix Them After Horse Has Bolted

39 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve only just noticed that Sturgeon mentioned that when the stay local travel restrictions are lifted end of April it might not include travelling into England and they’ll need to look at it at the time. How the f**k would they enforce this? I’ve got a trip planned for mid-May, and was going to book a golf course but they don’t do any refunds so this would be really fucking annoying.

Fucking shocking there are places that won't do refunds considering everything that's happened. I'd tell them to ram my fucking business tbh

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Fucking shocking there are places that won't do refunds considering everything that's happened. I'd tell them to ram my fucking business tbh

Unfortunately it’s one of the best courses in the country so they can do what they want. Also I understand it must be a nightmare for them and a huge loss maker if they take the risk rather than the customer. Potential to lose thousands daily.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The guy has a point. This is exactly why my in-laws won't phone a takeaway, and some parents won't let their kids touch a swing, primary schools are quarantining letters home for 72 hours before sending etc. 

It's totally fair enough that the science would move on, but they need(ed) to signal that more clearly, rather than a tiny paragraph tabloid apology style announcement, or worse, just stop mentioning it rather than say they'd fucked up 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Unfortunately it’s one of the best courses in the country so they can do what they want. Also I understand it must be a nightmare for them and a huge loss maker if they take the risk rather than the customer. Potential to lose thousands daily.

Hmm fair enough then. Maybe a golf course is a bit different, I'm thinking of holiday lets and stuff like we've booked - wouldn't have touched them if they didn't let us cancel if where we are going was in restrictions, or where we live wasn't allowing travel out the LA. 

Edited by madwullie
Fucking apostrophes

Aye, our doctors' surgery has a note on our files that myself and my wife are carers for our daughter, although it's nearly getting to the stage where we need caring for ourselves.
However, we got our vaccinations under other criteria, and are patiently waiting for the call for our second jag.
Yeah I'm guessing that's who they checked with for mine as the surgery has me noted as carer for my parents.

58 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tweet won’t embed for some reason but the one from ‘CarlopsBorders’ is mental. The first thing they do in the morning is search for Sridhar’s Twitter as she’s a “shining star of positivity”. I’m guessing they ignore the numerous doom and gloom ‘if you have a pint it’s lockdown 4 incoming’ posts and only looks at the ‘happy thoughts of sunny parks’ posts. Unreal.

One of the early guys made me laugh. 

Hw went with something along the lines of "as a super important key worker, I read your tweets"

Two thoughts.... Its not relevant to the point m8, or to anything actually that you were classed a key worker. That status will be a memory soon, to the tears of some apparently. 

And if you could auto tweet back to every reply with "she's no gonnae shag ye m8" you would be bang in context 99.8% of the time

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the early guys made me laugh. 

Hw went with something along the lines of "as a super important key worker, I read your tweets"

Two thoughts.... Its not relevant to the point m8, or to anything actually that you were classed a key worker. That status will be a memory soon, to the tears of some apparently. 

And if you could auto tweet back to every reply with "she's no gonnae shag ye m8" you would be bang in context 99.8% of the time

I was classed as a key worker, and realistically it was a ludicrous stretching of the definition. Some people were wanking themselves silly over being classed as one (half the time they’d just classed themselves as one) which was a bit embarrassing.

All restrictions scrapped by mid June....as they introduce new ones in April !!! No way is this being introduced for literally weeks given it's cost. New normal hurtling towards us unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was classed as a key worker, and realistically it was a ludicrous stretching of the definition. Some people were wanking themselves silly over being classed as one (half the time they’d just classed themselves as one) which was a bit embarrassing.

I particularly liked that when supermarkets started giving discounts to NHS staff the amount of 'key workers' who were up in arms because they couldn't get the discount even though they worked in the Spar for (15 hours a week so they could still get their tax credits).

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Because once they have the data, they can sell it?
They won't be long term.

I take it from recent posts you are in favour of vaccine passports.

No.

But I can see what the UK Gov would have to gain from bringing them in short-term.

I remember standing in a queue in Morrisons when the whole key worker arguments started. Some seagull voiced obese midden had been refused her trolley full of pasta and bog rolls as they had started rationing and she was standing there with packet of pasta in hand shouting how she's a key worker and needs to feed her weans.

I particularly liked that when supermarkets started giving discounts to NHS staff the amount of 'key workers' who were up in arms because they couldn't get the discount even though they worked in the Spar for (15 hours a week so they could still get their tax credits).
Shop workers in particular seemed remarkably keen to get up on their cross throughout.

As an aside, my neck could never bear the minter of skipping a queue under any circumstances. We actually had such a system at my old works canteen. During a particular set of circumstances, myself and those on the same "team" as me would be far too busy to get a proper lunch and were supposed to skip the queue by waving a "fast pass" in folks faces [emoji23]

Absolute OFTW behaviour which I only seen deployed once to major hilarity.

How many P&B key workers brassed their way to the front of a queue, and are the willing to admit it here?

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

All restrictions scrapped by mid June....as they introduce new ones in April !!! No way is this being introduced for literally weeks given it's cost. New normal hurtling towards us unfortunately.

It's quite clear that BJ intends to lift gathering size and Social Distancing in mid-June as planned.

This vaccine passport nonsense is a way to allow that whilst getting the hysterical "experts" off his back about it being too soon and damgerous.

Once it is shown that there is no risk of a "ThIrD wAvE!!1!" in a highly vaccinated populatiin, the scheme will be dropped.

His pals will still make money from the contract, and the UK Gov will have an incredible amount of personal data that they can sell off or otherwise do what they want with.