Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Hauzen said:

National ID cards here we come.

Fck all like an ID card. You're not coerced into having something injected in you for a start 

*just as a disclaimer this isnt an antivax sentiment. I just think those who dont want it like the BAME community shouldn't be ostracised from society

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Harrowing? You're a delicate flower.

On another note, may I ask you learned folks if it's factual that those who have had COVID only need one dose of the vaccine?

I've not heard this. I do know in Israel if you've had the covid you're not allowed to get jagged, but anywhere else I've read about recommends it - not seen anything specific about the number of doses tho

20 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I've not heard this. I do know in Israel if you've had the covid you're not allowed to get jagged, but anywhere else I've read about recommends it - not seen anything specific about the number of doses tho

I had the vaccine on Wednesday and was asked if I had tested positive for the virus, when I said yes the vaccinator said nothing and told me that I'll get a notification for the second jab i 12 weeks time , so it would appear that they are still following the routine wether you have had the virus or not.

ETA I tested positive at the end of December 2020 and my Mrs who was vaccinated at the end of February also tested positive at the same time.

Edited by budmiester1

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

No.

Do you mean that it's not true or you haven't haven't heard? In Italy, can't get jag for three months after positive test but then there's speculation about how many thereafter. Did read that it's being studied in the States.

Edited by jimbaxters

With them saying there won't be passports until everyone has been offered a jag, what exactly is the point?*

*by that I mean, what lie will they tell us is the point
I could understand, if not necessarily agree, the idea behind it if there was significant vaccine hesitancy but the uptake looks to be quite high across the age grouos, no? Slightly lower in younger categories but mitigated by the fact younger people are far less likely to end up significantly ill.

Makes you wonder what they'll do in Europe, considering the mixed messaging from leaders about the AZ vaccine.

13 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The Bellend in Chief still pushing "closer to normality" shite.

"Crowds at the Euros, the shops open, the TRNSMT festival"

=

"If you do your homework you can get 10 minutes on the Xbox"

Patronising p***k.

I could understand, if not necessarily agree, the idea behind it if there was significant vaccine hesitancy but the uptake looks to be quite high across the age grouos, no? Slightly lower in younger categories but mitigated by the fact younger people are far less likely to end up significantly ill.

Makes you wonder what they'll do in Europe, considering the mixed messaging from leaders about the AZ vaccine.
They are battering through another gravy train for their pals at the cost of an authoritarian state tbh. And their idiot voters won't say or do a thing about it. The tories have successfully turned their base into Trumps base.

I guess you are right. If there's no passport until everyone is offered then its a straight up threat, take it or be left behind. It is unlikely to effect uptake much and does absolutely nothing to help against the virus, which obviously should be the acid test for any public money spent.

Its a shambles that this looks like coming to fruition but a damming indictment of "FREEDUM LOVING BRITS!!!!" who are just shrugging their shoulders

12 hours ago, Snafu said:

On the subject of the French wave hitting us in three weeks, ...........so do all we dig Anderson shelters in our back gardens?

Reading through all the tabloids this afternoon to catch up and found this in the Daily Fail. Lack of information leads to lack of knowledge leads to being controlled by stupid, me thinks.

Boris Johnson says new French Covid wave is 'very sad' and warns the UK has 'got to be ready' for it to arrive here within weeks as President Macron puts the country into a new month-long lockdown

Boris Johnson said that the latest wave of Covid that has forced a fresh lockdown in France was 'sad' today - and warned that the UK must be ready for it to cross the Channel. Which variant do we worry about?

On a visit to Hartlepool this afternoon the Prime Minister said that experience had shown that the disease usually hit the United Kingdom a few weeks after it wreaked havoc in continental Europe. Is there evidence of this swimming the channel crossing variant and have the French been told to avoid sneezing in our general direction? btw which variant is this?

French president Emmanuel Macron last night blamed the 'British variant' for creating 'a pandemic within a pandemic' as he finally bowed to weeks of pressure from medics and epidemiologists to impose four weeks of new restrictions. Ahhhh its one of ours, so why are we worried when it is already here and if its the Kent variant its been here since last year and was the second wave?

In a televised address, the 43-year-old conceded somberly that 'the epidemic is accelerating, and we are likely to lose control,' as he ordered people to remain inside their homes and children to stop going to school. Macron get your shit together.

But speaking to staff at medical manufacturer Hart Biologicals, on a visit to Teesside ahead of the Hartlepool by-election, Mr Johnson said: 'I'm afraid you can see what's happening in France. Yes but over 50% of the population in the UK  including the most vulnerable have mostly been vaccinated

'It's very sad actually - it's very very sad. When they get it in France and they get it bad, two or three weeks later it comes to us ... we've got to be ready for that.' We are, its called a vaccination program, also restrictions remember???

So we are all flapping at the possibility that the very same variant we already have as the most dominant variant around in the UK will be arriving on our shores from France in around three weeks.

Anyone go figure this one out?

A great post. An illustration on why the lunatics are really running the asylum now.

Politicians are absolute f*uckwits.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The fucking replies on that BTW

Tweet won’t embed for some reason but the one from ‘CarlopsBorders’ is mental. The first thing they do in the morning is search for Sridhar’s Twitter as she’s a “shining star of positivity”. I’m guessing they ignore the numerous doom and gloom ‘if you have a pint it’s lockdown 4 incoming’ posts and only looks at the ‘happy thoughts of sunny parks’ posts. Unreal.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

She’s back, baby! 

While I’ve been in the huff and taking a break from playing down the vaccines, rather than undertaking a period of self reflection,  I’ve been working on using fear and misery to line my pockets yet further.

I’ve only just noticed that Sturgeon mentioned that when the stay local travel restrictions are lifted end of April it might not include travelling into England and they’ll need to look at it at the time. How the f**k would they enforce this? I’ve got a trip planned for mid-May, and was going to book a golf course but they don’t do any refunds so this would be really fucking annoying.