Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

Text/email from the vaccine appointments scheme finds nothing on the system, says they'll investigate and then arrange a new appointment. How will this appointment be communicated efficiently? 'By post' of course. 

Enough with this blue envelope pish FFS. 

Same happened with me, I filled the details in again a couple of days later and it had an appointment for me.

21 minutes ago, virginton said:

Text/email from the vaccine appointments scheme finds nothing on the system, says they'll investigate and then arrange a new appointment. How will this appointment be communicated efficiently? 'By post' of course. 

Enough with this blue envelope pish FFS. 

Second class I hope. There isn't a magic money tree 

Scottish numbers: 25 May 2021

Summary
318 new cases of COVID-19 reported
16,733 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
2.0% of these were positive
2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
6 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
97 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
3,138,366 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,881,214 have received their second dose
*Please note the data flow issues reported yesterday (24/05/21) have been resolved. The reported numbers of cases and tests in today's data cover a 22-hour instead of the usual 24-hour reporting period. This was due to an IT incident that led to an unavoidable delay in extracting data on 24 May 21

29 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Same happened with me, I filled the details in again a couple of days later and it had an appointment for me.

I had the same last week - i got the blue envelope three days later and am just parked up outside the vaccination centre now for a 3pm appointment!

Perth area seems to be rattling through the 30s age group - everyone I spoke to over the weekend had an appointment between today and Thursday this week.

28 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Scottish numbers: 25 May 2021

Summary
318 new cases of COVID-19 reported
16,733 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
2.0% of these were positive
2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
6 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
97 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
3,138,366 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,881,214 have received their second dose
*Please note the data flow issues reported yesterday (24/05/21) have been resolved. The reported numbers of cases and tests in today's data cover a 22-hour instead of the usual 24-hour reporting period. This was due to an IT incident that led to an unavoidable delay in extracting data on 24 May 21

Mixed picture really. The deaths are a shame, but like before did these people die recently, or is this a delayed reporting?

I get the feeling we'll never reach 0 in ICU. Every chance people contract it in hospital. 

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I had the same last week - i got the blue envelope three days later and am just parked up outside the vaccination centre now for a 3pm appointment!

Perth area seems to be rattling through the 30s age group - everyone I spoke to over the weekend had an appointment between today and Thursday this week.

And it’s done! 20 stations running and a constant flow of people in and out. Really is incredible that that few millilitres of liquid is the way out of it. Fucking ‘mon the scientists.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

And it’s done! 20 stations running and a constant flow of people in and out. Really is incredible that that few millilitres of liquid is the way out of it. Fucking ‘mon the scientists.

happy kenneth williams GIF

Yes to all of the above. I have at least once already given the story of an old boss of mine who wouldn't even let me work from home while sick a couple of years ago. Sick days limited unless you want disciplinary action so off to work you go to spread it to the whole floor. 
This whole work culture needs to change. I'm sure we all have stories of dragging ourselves into work for fear of losing face/wages/job.

I've probably never been so free of sniffles, colds, bugs or mild illnesses for 14 months straight. I've not been into the office for 14 months.

If you're ill, stay at home and on full pay. Some will rip the piss, but deal with those issues on an individual basis, not via draconian company policies.

20 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Always liked her....

No other option really, if she continued with her pish after Sturgeon took a more positive tone today then it'd have looked like she'd have been overruled (which she was).

Hopefully she's been told to stop talking up variants while talking down vaccines on Twitter too.

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sounds like Sturgeon's been filing her emails right in the junk folder. 

Good. 

she doesn't work for the Scottish government,  She's just a talking head . She works for one of the edinburgh universities but i can't remeber which one

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone who has recheduled an appointment online.... Did slots appear over time? Im looking for one at Forth Vallet College and the day I wnat is full but the website does say to keep trying.

I was Forth Valley in Stirling but kept checking throughout the day and managed get the Falkirk campus this week

I was Forth Valley in Stirling but kept checking throughout the day and managed get the Falkirk campus this week
Sound il keep at it. Can get the day I want at Alloa but its a shit time. Taking a gamble that I might get something at Falkirk....