Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.

Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.

Would you take it ?

That's what Wales have done. It is now looking very prudent as the AstraZeneca vaccine, while still as effective as the others, takes longer for immunity to build. The Pfizer and Modern doses they are now firing out take less time for initial immunity to build - especially in the younger cohorts who are now receiving them.

This all adds up, especially when it's a race against the virus and if the 'Indian variant' is indeed more easily transmitted. Clearly you can see how this extra ~8% of first doses in those most likely to spread it is helping them crush outbreaks. Also, both Wales and Israel have the 'Indian variant'.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Wait for your blue envelope.'

'Get on the phone to them.'

These are phrases that have no place in an optimal public health rollout, in a developed country, in fucking 2021.

You seen this brother?

20210601_105129.thumb.jpg.303f69833e411b42afd5e51b7624beae.jpg

Recently moved house and so changed GP, have now got the text confirmation they have matched my records, and will send confirmation of appointment soon. 

Get me jabbed up

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You seen this brother?

Shocked that they don't support measures that mean more time  at work for them.

Contrary to the image they like to portray 76% of teachers actually couldn't give a f**k about whether kids get a decent education or not.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

The country is swimming in AZ vaccine and this tiny safety concern should be optional as was originally intended.

Get AZ walk ins and let the under 40s decide for themselves if they will take a shot of AZ.

Would you take it ?

I was given Pfizer 4 weeks ago but I'd have happily taken AZ.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Shocked that they don't support measures that mean more time  at work for them.

Contrary to the image they like to portray 76% of teachers actually couldn't give a f**k about whether kids get a decent education or not.

Thats a very precise number there

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Wait for your blue envelope.'

'Get on the phone to them.'

These are phrases that have no place in an optimal public health rollout, in a developed country, in fucking 2021.

Yep, there should be pop up vaccination centres the length and breadth of Scotland, getting the Pfizery goodness fired into peoples veins.  I'm just off the phone to my GP practice and was told they're 'finishing the 40 to 50 year olds this week'. 😂

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's my wife (30) got her appointment through for 2 weeks yesterday. NHS Tayside obviously getting towards the end. I'm 29, so hopefully mine will come through shortly, as I've not heard anything about walk-ins happening here.

I'm 33 and still waiting so I think like most health boards, NHS Tayside are a bit all over the place depending on where you live. 

Early 30s here and my first jab is on Friday. Anecdotally seems they must be firing them out at a cracking rate in the 30-40s just now which is great news.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

You seen this brother?

I'm not a school teacher, but a university lecturer. Over the last year the move to online/hybrid teaching has really increased our workload and stress levels. I know that online is inherently inferior to face-to-face teaching but I (like my colleagues) am absolutely shattered by it. And my teaching load is tiny compared to a school teacher's one. I can only imagine that they're marking the days to the summer break. So for me, not surprised at all at anything suggesting that they work more on top of what they already have done.  

Just now, oaksoft said:

I'm not even convinced this can be called science any more.

There's no science going on.

They are effectively statisticians.

Statistics is a science, a boring one for boring people, but a science nonetheless.