Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Andrew Marr describes his experience with COVID despite being double vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57640550

Two observations; the first is that it's highly likely he would have been in hospital had he not had both his doses. I think he said as much himself on his show yesterday.

The second is that he describes himself as having been "seriously ill". Obviously the severity of an illness is highly subjective, but when there's a constant battle against misinformation about the effectiveness of the vaccine, I'm not sure that language helps, especially when he mentions "creeping back to bed" and "starting books and giving them up again". That suggests he was in better shape than most people who come down with flu every year (real flu, not the "I've got a bad cold"-type "flu"). 

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

If my old man is still here when he's 100, he's getting forced into a sponsored walk. Really fancy tickets to the Grand Prix. 

I'm going to spike my Mum's gin with vitamins, only a few years to go.

27 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Aye, well done for all that st stuff your dad did. 

2f6b46b1-8814-4d9a-8baf-0252609c5617.jpg

10 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
27 minutes ago, Michael W said:
2f6b46b1-8814-4d9a-8baf-0252609c5617.jpg.ba29004b6f14a5095752d2456613d602.jpg

The lassie in the blue dress behind her kens the script.

tenor-9.gif

Andrew Marr describes his experience with COVID despite being double vaccinated.
Two observations; the first is that it's highly likely he would have been in hospital had he not had both his doses. I think he said as much himself on his show yesterday.
The second is that he describes himself as having been "seriously ill". Obviously the severity of an illness is highly subjective, but when there's a constant battle against misinformation about the effectiveness of the vaccine, I'm not sure that language helps, especially when he mentions "creeping back to bed" and "starting books and giving them up again". That suggests he was in better shape than most people who come down with flu every year (real flu, not the "I've got a bad cold"-type "flu"). 
I'd consider "seriously ill" to mean laid up in ICU hooked to a ventilator. If he was only moving a bit slower than normal and couldn't be arsed reading a book then he's had it better than a lot of people. Wonder what the reason for that could be?

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't think he realised the first post was a joke.

He genuinely thought they were giving fake names to be funny.

You’re right.  It certainly didn’t read like that. 

2f6b46b1-8814-4d9a-8baf-0252609c5617.jpg.ba29004b6f14a5095752d2456613d602.jpg
The brass neck of some people, what a state society is, applauding an absolute nobody for no reason. Then her lapping it up like some hero.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Is this a serious question?

I'd have thought the answer to this was pretty obvious.

People have jobs and livelihoods.

By handing your real details over you run the risk of being forced into an almost continual cycle of isolation whether you have symptoms or not, for a virus which is putting almost nobody in hospital or killing them.

If this was something like Ebola, you'd have a point.
We have vaccines now.
All vulnerable people are double dunted.
Most adults are now also double dunted.
People have done their bit and deserve to get back to their lives without being unduly troubled.

Maybe it's time to stop criticising them for that?

Sorry - I thought it was a joke.  I’m really confused now.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Amazed Deepti, Devi and Clownshoes didn’t get an invite and similar recognition for playing the vaccines down, taking the huff when challenged and generally being fucking arseholes with the platform they were given.

I've just cringed so much I think I've twisted my spine. Thankfully I'm with Bupa 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit whether those particular posters are joking or not.

There's no doubt people are handing over incorrect details and I can fully understand that for the reasons I stated.

They are dreadful reasons

Is this a serious question?
I'd have thought the answer to this was pretty obvious.
People have jobs and livelihoods.
By handing your real details over you run the risk of being forced into an almost continual cycle of isolation whether you have symptoms or not, for a virus which is putting almost nobody in hospital or killing them.
If this was something like Ebola, you'd have a point.
We have vaccines now.
All vulnerable people are double dunted.
Most adults are now also double dunted.
People have done their bit and deserve to get back to their lives without being unduly troubled.
Maybe it's time to stop criticising them for that?
Wooooooshhhhh

4 hours ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Deepti’s thrown her toys out the pram. You love to see it. 

60D43710-404A-46E8-BE78-898103219EF6.jpeg

8DF9629C-3570-4379-BBCE-5015509136B1.jpeg

The fucking brass neck on her accusing Nick Triggle of disinformation. She is an absolutely vile person.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Amazed Deepti, Devi and Clownshoes didn’t get an invite and similar recognition for playing the vaccines down, taking the huff when challenged and generally being fucking arseholes with the platform they were given.

Bit awkward she was there for Djokovic's match, though. warnock.png

49 minutes ago, The Master said:

Fairly sure he had a stroke a few years back as well so will be classed as clinically vulnerable. Fantastic that the vaccines are doing their job.

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

They are dreadful reasons

I'm not joking, I use false details and I've deleted the track and trace app too.    I'm going on holiday soon so I'm not risking getting track and traced from a pub or restaurant visit.    

I'm double vaxed and Covid has a survival rate of over 99%.

No biggie.