Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Jackie Baillie claiming on BBC there that 1 in 7 people who get Covid subsequently get long Covid. That is quite simply a complete and utter lie, how do people continually get away with outright lies on a national forum like this?

Must've had Deepti Gurdasani in her DMs. 

They wonder why people are terrified and then come out with unverified bollocks like this. 

We advise against travel to areas in the UK managing outbreaks of the Delta variant. The UK Government publishes a list of areas in England with Delta outbreaks. This advice is in addition to legal restrictions on travel between Scotland and the specific areas listed below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#if-youre-in-an-area-where-the-new-covid-19-variant-known-as-delta-is-spreading

Noticed this today on the SG website.  Think everyone will be ignoring that :lol: 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

51 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Just been Moderna’d. Very smooth operation.

Got my second dose of it about 90 minutes ago. Here’s to a sore arm tomorrow and a 5 day headache.

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Must've had Deepti Gurdasani in her DMs. 

They wonder why people are terrified and then come out with unverified bollocks like this. 

The same Deepti Gurdasani that claimed we’d be facing a peak in June 2-3 times larger than January unless restrictions were imposed.

Needless to say, the tweet has now been deleted.

3F8612F7-E0B9-43EB-AF20-43C3FA26E0B3.png

27 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

There are moon units out there claiming long COVID that never even tested positive (read never actually had it).

If they thought they had covid early on that's plausible. You couldn't get a test unless you were needing hospitalised, for months. 

I can see why long covid would appeal to hypochondriacs and attention seekers though. 

31 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Got my second dose of it about 90 minutes ago. Here’s to a sore arm tomorrow and a 5 day headache.

I had horrendous migrane a week after and then remnants of a headache for a further 5 days. Put it down to anxiety but maybe vaccine.

18 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I had horrendous migrane a week after and then remnants of a headache for a further 5 days. Put it down to anxiety but maybe vaccine.

First day after it I was fine, bit of pain where I was jagged but that was it. Got to about bed time that night and then similar to yourself, absolute c**t of a headache that lasted most of the next week. Disappeared overnight and that was it. Buckled up for the same again especially as I was just getting over a cold!

58 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Getting first dose tomorrow at the crack of arse, last day of my holiday tae, raging about that but. Hoping for little to no side effects.

Sounds like you might get a sore arse.

The increase in hospital figures in Ninewells is mostly down to folk who're in for other issues catching it because they're in the same bay as someone who's infected. Our covid admissions haven't doubled overnight as you'd initially suspect.

Fingers crossed they're all okay, some are definitely in the vulnerable category and family members will be naturally worried. 

Caught a bit of Roger Federer getting interviewed on Centre Court. Place completely packed, not a mask in sight (apart from the employees). Find myself a mix of delighted to see a full house for an event but also fucking raging that I’ve had to be entered into a ballot (unsuccessfully) for one of just 500 tickets to United’s first League Cup game (and one that in a ‘normal’ year would still be left with tonnes of space given we would have 3000 maximum).

As someone said earlier in this thread - either there is a problem with large outdoor events, or there isn’t. We either need to avoid these things completely or we just need to crack on and get everyone back to the football and other larger scale events.

Of course, It’s blatantly obvious that Wimbledon is as full as it is due to it being driven by social class and political pressure by the wealthy.

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Caught a bit of Roger Federer getting interviewed on Centre Court. Place completely packed, not a mask in sight (apart from the employees). Find myself a mix of delighted to see a full house for an event but also fucking raging that I’ve had to be entered into a ballot (unsuccessfully) for one of just 500 tickets to United’s first League Cup game (and one that in a ‘normal’ year would still be left with tonnes of space given we would have 3000 maximum).

As someone said earlier in this thread - either there is a problem with large outdoor events, or there isn’t. We either need to avoid these things completely or we just need to crack on and get everyone back to the football and other larger scale events.

Of course, It’s blatantly obvious that Wimbledon is as full as it is due to it being driven by social class and political pressure by the wealthy.

Wimbledon is only at 50% like Wembley to be fair. It just looks busier because it’s smaller.