Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Seems to be only for British people. Seems foreigners are still not allowed in. Unless I understand wrong

Unfortunately, you are correct. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173

Given the history of nonsense throughout this pandemic, especially where travel is concerned, I'm not surprised that this has happened. But it is a patently ridiculous decision and it's not going to do the UK any favours in respect of other countries welcoming us. 

If you're double jagged, you should be allowed in quarantine free (red list excepted) regardless of where you received those jags or where you are resident. 

38 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

More self-righteous nonsense 

Ms Sturgeon says she "does not accept as inevitable" any number of deaths or hospitalisations.

I thought we had about 500 deaths a day from cancer, heart disease, you name it!

This woman becomes more and more deranged every time she opens her mouth.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What's to say I havent already? Just because I dont post my vaccine status  doesnt mean anything 

Just curious. You keep complaining about any suggestion of advantages given to people who are vaccinated, thought that might be why.

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is leaving details going to be punted soon? Was going to go to a football exhibition today but saw they needed phone/email details so didnt bother. Fck getting caught up in that

This is odd. Do you just not go to events where you need to buy a ticket in advance?

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is leaving details going to be punted soon? Was going to go to a football exhibition today but saw they needed phone/email details so didnt bother. Fck getting caught up in that

Think you’ll not be doing much for a fair while with this attitude.

That being said I do actively avoid it where possible e.g. not doing it in pubs/restaurants, but wouldn’t stop going to certain places that I needed to do it.

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont get why we need to wait for every last fit and healthy 20 year to be double dosed. If they get covid unvaccinated then in 99.9% of cases there would be no issue, same with if they get it when double vaccinated tbh. Restrictions should have been punted when the elderly and vulnerable were double dosed, eeking things out is a continual moving of the goalposts and a breach of powers imo

If restrictions had been lifted when just the elderly and vulnerable were done, given the transmissibility of the virus we likely wouldn't have a functioning NHS to speak of.

You would have been eventually seeing 6 figure case numbers every day (which we still might) which, even if a small fraction require hospital treatment, when taken with the staffing shortages the NHS face, would have led to major issues.

Herd immunity has been suggested to be around 80% of the population having either vaccine or infection acquired resistance.  That equates to pretty much the entire population over the age of 18.  We are currently sitting just over 50%.  I can see why an argument can be made for restrictions to stay until we hit that 80% mark, albeit, from a personal point of view, I would rather get rid of them earlier and run the risk.

The number of vaccinations administered each day has been frustratingly low across the UK for the last couple of months.  Edit to say, thats maybe a bit harsh, just the last month the rate has been falling.

Edited by Aladdin

It’s just virtue signalling independent sage type nonsense to say that no death or illness from covid is inevitable. There will always be some as long as covid exists.
Just as deaths from car accidents are an inevitable consequence of having roads open.
That's not what she said.

11 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

The number of vaccinations administered each day has been frustratingly low across the UK for the last couple of months.  Edit to say, thats maybe a bit harsh, just the last month the rate has been falling.

There's rumoured to be a big increase in supply coming shortly. I just hope vaccine hesitancy isn't coming into play, or can't be arsed mode.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's rumoured to be a big increase in supply coming shortly. I just hope vaccine hesitancy isn't coming into play, or can't be arsed mode.

There will be plenty folk that won’t bother if they don’t see any benefit like in England of not having to isolate if tracked, looser travel conditions etc.

Scottish Government are in dangerous waters here.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

There will be plenty folk that won’t bother if they don’t see any benefit like in England of not having to isolate if tracked, looser travel conditions etc.

Scottish Government are in dangerous waters here.

They should start offering bottles of Buckfast with every jab.

2 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

One of my mates caught covid in May (very mildly), and he was telling me he was told to wait 90 days before getting his first jag. This was the first I heard of this, is it true? Or is he talking shite

Pretty sure it's 28 days that they have to wait.

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

One of my mates caught covid in May (very mildly), and he was telling me he was told to wait 90 days before getting his first jag. This was the first I heard of this, is it true? Or is he talking shite

4 weeks I believe - not 90 days. 

One of standard questions they ask you at check-in is if you've had it in last 4 weeks, followed by whether you've had it at all.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sturgeon is an absolute shitebag and we're absolutely facing restrictions until next Spring. 

As i said a few days ago on here. If we are still in restrictions come past 9th of August, the SNP won’t get a vote from me ever again. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Daily Cases Update:  Decent Day 2 of dropping cases. Down lower than expected at 2.37% but expect another small decrease tomorrow and a larger decrease of close to 5% on Saturday.

Only 1 Council in the top 14 has had a rise (Inverclyde).  I suspect parts of Tyneside will pass Dundee at the top within a few days. Dundee still does not have a single neighbourhood less than 532 cases per 100K so still a cesspit.

New European figures today.   Scotland 424.5, England 252.0, Portugal 109.3 to 118.0, Northern Ireland 130.6, Wales 116.9, Russia 97.8 to 100.0,   Spain 76.3 to 92.9, at other end we have Poland 1.9 to 1.8, Germany 5.1 to 5.0, Italy 7.4 to 7.5, Czech 9.0 to 8.5, Switzerland 8.4 to 9.0, Sweden 14.2 to 16.0 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaks (Hopefully) at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 29th June to 5th July  were   23,191 now 22,641 down 2.37%.  Positivity was 10.7%  now 10.7%.   Cases per 100k were  424.5 now 414.4

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average 244.3 to 256.2 up 4.87%, England  239.3 to 252.0 up 5.31%,  Wales 110.7 to 116.9 up 5.60%, Northern Ireland  123.6 to 130.6 up 5.66%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City  903.4 to 874.6   2nd day of dropping. Down 3.19%

Midlothian   736.5 to 720.3  Also appears to be in reversal

East Lothian   621.0 to 579.9 LEVEL 1 Down 6.62%  

City Of Edinburgh 584.1 to 563.9  Another on 2nd day of decreases.

Perth & Kinross    550.8 to 530.4  LEVEL 1  Down 3.70%

Angus   522.4 to 508.6  LEVEL 1

Inverclyde  487.1 to 496.1  LEVEL 1  

West Dunbartonshire  518.4 to 495.9  LEVEL 1 Again 2nd day of decreasing.

Renfrewshire   522.1 to 491.9

Glasgow City  495.5 to 491.4

East Renfrewshire    496.2 to 482.6

East Dunbartonshire   507.2 to 481.4

Fife 469.8 to 456.2  LEVEL 1

Aberdeen City  450.0 to 433.4  LEVEL1

West Lothian  387.8 to 388.3   LEVEL1  

North Lanarkshire    392.5 to 385.2  

East Ayrshire  400.8 to 366.4  Down near 15% in 2 days.

Falkirk   348.7 to 334.4  LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire  317.9 to 323.2

North Ayrshire   280.5 to 297.6

Scottish  Borders    277.0 to 279.6  LEVEL 1

Highlands  270.5 to 260.8 LEVEL 1

South Ayrshire  247.8 to 253.1

Stirling    278.1 to 247.3

Aberdeenshire  230.1 to 220.5 to 231.6  LEVEL 1

Clackmannanshire    252.2 to 207.6

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Argyll & Bute  205.0 to 201.5

Dumfries & Galloway 127.0 to 138.4

Moray  89.8 to 90.8

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands  62.9 to 53.9

Western Isles  37.4 to 37.4

Shetland Islands   48.0 to 34.9

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

As i said a few days ago on here. If we are still in restrictions come past 9th of August, the SNP won’t get a vote from me ever again. 

She just needs to chuck a jibe in at Boris when she announces it and 75% of the country will chant her name.

Weaponising Independence politically means she's untouchable.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

As i said a few days ago on here. If we are in still restrictions come past 9th of August, the SNP won’t get a vote from me ever again. 

I’ve never voted SNP, but have always been a heavy Indy supporter. The absolute shambles of the Scottish Government this last 18 months has given me the fear of how tinpot we may actually be if independent. So much so that at the ballot box I don’t really know what I’d do now.

If restrictions had been lifted when just the elderly and vulnerable were done, given the transmissibility of the virus we likely wouldn't have a functioning NHS to speak of.
You would have been eventually seeing 6 figure case numbers every day (which we still might) which, even if a small fraction require hospital treatment, when taken with the staffing shortages the NHS face, would have led to major issues.
Herd immunity has been suggested to be around 80% of the population having either vaccine or infection acquired resistance.  That equates to pretty much the entire population over the age of 18.  We are currently sitting just over 50%.  I can see why an argument can be made for restrictions to stay until we hit that 80% mark, albeit, from a personal point of view, I would rather get rid of them earlier and run the risk.
Where's the incentive to get vaccinated once all restrictions are lifted. There will be zero need (outwith the obvious medical grounds) for anyone not vaccinated to get the jab in England after 19 July. There appears to be nothing that will be unavailable to an unvaccinated person from that date if all measures are removed (maybe less stringent hoop jumpingfor foreign travel). It will be difficult to get people not reached to buy in when there is no apparent social need. Just look at the vax rates in some London boroughs too !