Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep. Me,  @RiG and another lad will be sat together at TCS on Saturday against Scumling Lolbion and we all live in different towns.

RiG? More like RIP amirite?

Edited by ICTChris
Greenie for Scumling Lolbion

😂

Unless you know someone personally, how the f**k are you supposed to know this? 

Still, at least we've moved on from foreigners in degrading people to nothing other than disease carriers. 

This is the Government trying (very badly) to respond to the criticism from the Reichers and Gurdasanis of this world. 

Edited by Michael W

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Curbs may be introduced if freedoms are abused, is a line the Daily Mail is attributing to Johnson.....

Freedom is abused......

f**k me

Do things you are legally allowed to do, but don't do them. 

Some of this stuff is a worrying throwback to May 2020.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I am a centrist when it comes to Covid but some of the stuff from the iSage / zero covid side of the debate is mental. This, for example:

It’s an interesting way of looking at the world. Everything that isn’t mandated by the government is a hugely confusing dilemma. I think it says a lot about how people on that side of the debate see the general public.

does this so called professor not understand somethin as simple as fuckin personal choice? if you want to wear one then wear one ya attention seekin cow

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I am a centrist when it comes to Covid but some of the stuff from the iSage / zero covid side of the debate is mental. This, for example:

It’s an interesting way of looking at the world. Everything that isn’t mandated by the government is a hugely confusing dilemma. I think it says a lot about how people on that side of the debate see the general public.

Just bizarre. Does she need someone to tell her to put a jacket on when it rains?

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

As predicted it's time to start stigmatising people who choose not to be vaccinated.

People who choose (not those who can't) to exclude themselves from one of modern science's greatest achievements in recent times because of tin foil hatted mentalism deserve to be called out.

I almost want to see the introduction of vaccine passports just to inconvenience the nutters at every opportunity.

To clarify, I don't want domestic vaccine passports.

Edited by Aladdin

What’s our thoughts about today’s announcement? 

There’s been very little speculation in the media, which I’m taking as a good sign. Previous announcements about delays or increased restrictions have been preceded by a steady drip of “things are bad”, especially on Reporting Scotland, but I’ve not seen anything like that this time round. 

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think they’ll confirm level 0 and say if the trends continue well be removed from restrictions on 9th August.

This.

A lot of waffle over the last week or so to, ultimately, stick to the plan.

Not sure if anyone will know more detail about this but I’ve obviously got covid just now and my first dose was meant to be today so I’ve had to postpone.

My vaccine now will need to wait and I’m told I need to wait 4 weeks from a positive test for it to work properly which takes me to the 6th of August which would mean a 2nd dose on the 1st of October at the earliest.

Anyone know anything about how strictly this is followed and how closely they monitor this/how important it is? I’m due to be going to Italy on the 11th of October and I’m totally paranoid that I’ll end up missing it because I’ll need double jagged minus 3 weeks or something when the time comes. I’m not gonna come out of isolation and go straight for my jag but even moving it a week to 10 days forward would give me a bit more leeway. 

Anyone knowledgeable at all with that regard?

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

Not sure if anyone will know more detail about this but I’ve obviously got covid just now and my first dose was meant to be today so I’ve had to postpone.

My vaccine now will need to wait and I’m told I need to wait 4 weeks from a positive test for it to work properly which takes me to the 6th of August which would mean a 2nd dose on the 1st of October at the earliest.

Anyone know anything about how strictly this is followed and how closely they monitor this/how important it is? I’m due to be going to Italy on the 11th of October and I’m totally paranoid that I’ll end up missing it because I’ll need double jagged minus 3 weeks or something when the time comes. I’m not gonna come out of isolation and go straight for my jag but even moving it a week to 10 days forward would give me a bit more leeway. 

BTW I think you only need about a week to 10 days after 2nd jag for full effects to kick in. 

3 weeks was the first one but because antibodies are already in your system for 2nd, it doesn't take as long.

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Labour/Libs have had numerous chances to oppose what BJ has been pushing through and they've stood by ideally. The left parties are just as much to blame here as the cons 

Exactly what do you expect Starmer or (checks notes) Davey to actually do? The GBP gave Johnson and Co. carte blanche to dismantle our democracy and sell off what remains of the country's assets because, er, sovereignty, innit? Freedoms and all that. 

The country had a choice in 2017 and 2019. The might of the MSM, the criminality of the Conservative Party and the treachery of the Labour Right (i.e. wrong) fended off the possibility of a fairer society in 2017. In 2019, we apparently saw restricting our travel options, food choice and our kids' futurea as preferable to a fair society where kids don't actually fucking starve. Now we have a Labour "leader" who not only has chosen electability over principle, he falls spectacularly short on both counts. 

I've said it before - I'm in my later years, and I have to accept that my activist days are behind me. If I was looking down the barrel of a life in Modern Britain, I would either join or foment civil unrest of whatever level necessary, or kill myself. This country is absolutely fucked. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

BTW I think you only need about a week to 10 days after 2nd jag for full effects to kick in. 

3 weeks was the first one but because antibodies are already in your system for 2nd, it doesn't take as long.

Cheers, might make it by the skin of my teeth, may try and chance it a couple of days before to give a bit of leeway

4 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The rules keep changing but many countries allow proof of previous infection if you don't have proof of vaccination. It's likely by then that a preflight PCR test will do you anyway.