Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, welshbairn said:

There's been nothing stopping her flying home at any time and seeing her Dad. She's just trying to avoid managed quarantine.

I can't believe you are still going with this.

She shouldn't have to "avoid managed quarantine" 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I think it paints you in a bad light to say that a woman whose father is dying cares more about going on a holiday in the Balearics than seeing her dad before he dies.

Why not fly back directly then?

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Why not fly back directly then?

I don't know since it's not me who made the incredibly difficult and stressful decision of how to try and see my dad before he died.

Edited by Marshmallo

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I don't know since it's not me who made the incredibly difficult or stressful decision of how to try and see my dad before he died.

Correct - I would hope even you wouldn’t put a few days in the Med first.

If my dad was dying, I would be going by the most direct route to him. And if i didn’t, and got caught out, I wouldn’t be complaining about an issue I had created.  

Just now, Wee Bully said:

Correct - I would hope even you wouldn’t put a few days in the Med first.

If my dad was dying, I would be going by the most direct route to him. And if i didn’t, and got caught out, I wouldn’t be complaining about an issue I had created.  

What do you mean by "even you"?

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm sure we had similar jumping through hoops to justify the Scottish government not letting a terminally ill woman go on holiday with her kids one last time last year until they finally relented.

giphy.gif

In that case the Government just pointed out that there was nothing in the rules stopping her going on holiday after she complained to the papers about it.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What do you mean by "even you"?

You were saying that you didn’t have to make the decision of how to travel back to see your dying dad.

I was suggesting that i would hope that if you had to make that decision, you would decide to travel straight to him, rather than having a quick holiday in advance.

Are you feeling a touch sensitive this morning?

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We are one of the top countries in the world for a highly successful vaccine rollout, plus ironically one of the most cautious.

Miles ahead of other countries as there is less reluctance to take up the easily available vaccine here, we are very lucky.

The death toll from the first wave shouldn't be forgotten, that was horrendous and governments should be held accountable for their mistakes.

Some countries around the world still waiting for their vaccine orders to arrive in bulk, again we are very fortunate.

Roll on the 9th and don't look back.

Now, what lasts longer tins of Heinz ravioli or baked beans?

Ravioli because I'd not eat that shite until I was desperate.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

You were saying that you didn’t have to make the decision of how to travel back to see your dying dad.

I was suggesting that i would hope that if you had to make that decision, you would decide to travel straight to him, rather than having a quick holiday in advance.

Are you feeling a touch sensitive this morning?

Not at all. I'm just surprised that someone would want to make someone with a dying parent the bad guy in this situation.

35 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's wild. This is like the missus's facebook groups from April last year.  Foaming hysterical spiked & GB News induced fucking drivel. 

Do you think the vaccines don't work or something?

31 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Please find some decent sources of information.

'Decent sources' like The Guardian? 

30 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Ah, that old shibboleth.  Not seen it for months

What's this?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Do you think the vaccines don't work or something?

'Decent sources' like The Guardian? 

What's this?

A shibboleth is “a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people, especially a long-standing one regarded as outmoded or no longer important.”

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

A shibboleth is “a custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a particular class or group of people, especially a long-standing one regarded as outmoded or no longer important.”

That's cool and all, but I meant your slavering about Sweden.

A quick look at their data is an utter minter for the folk who think a bit of cloth slapped over your piehole makes any tangible difference.

Just now, The Naitch said:

I see thread favourite Devi is on Twitter this morning promoting her new book. That’ll go down well.

The Wee Bully's and TheJTS98's of this world will be on it like moths to a flame.

Just now, Elixir said:

That's cool and all, but I meant your slavering about Sweden.

A quick look at their data is an utter minter for the folk who think a bit of cloth slapped over your piehole makes any tangible difference.

Just because the Swedish government didn't make restrictions mandatory didn't mean that people didn't wear masks and work from home.