Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

He is a c**t but the government can tell him to pipe the f**k down if they want.  They decide at the end of the day.  They continue to allow him to spout his nonsense and that’s shameful.

If the 9th of August does happen. I’m still expecting him to be on the news telling people what to do with his nonsense. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

20 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So she can leave managed isolation to see her Dad?

P.S.The BBC article didn't mention that. So she thought she could avoid the costs of managed isolation by quarantining for 10 days in Mallorca, but now that Mallorca has gone amber, she'll still have to self isolate in Scotland. Which is a bummer, but she could have flown straight from Dubai and be sitting with her Dad now if she wasn't trying to save money, and could have put a decent claim in for getting it free on compassionate grounds.

Edited by welshbairn

Leitch is a w**k

Absolutely inexusable to try to justify shite like this less than 1 week after the UEFA VIPs were free to swan in as they pleased.

Own it. Rectify it. Learn from it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

49 minutes ago, 101 said:

Disappointing to hear the Health Sec say that easing restrictions would allow the NHS to speed up the backlog when in fact it appears to of had the opposite effect. 

In normal times that would be a resigning issue but for this bullet proof Tory era I worry he will survive it.

Erm, not entirely sure where I’m going with this but NHS Scotland/Public Health is the gig for that guy Humza-sumbdyguy, no?
In a bulletproof SNP administration, no? How will he survive?

Ocht, c’mon, he’ll skoosh it!!

27 minutes ago, deegee said:

I had to turn the tv over during this story as it made my blood boil, particularly that patronising dick Leitch, who is so far up the Scottish Government’s hole, he acts like he is the voice of the establishment. Surely to goodness the family can get some peace and compassion without this “COVID circus” permeating into the last days of the dad’s life and the family time together?

I get wound up over bonkers rules about attending football and getting a bar lunch etc, but this case is simply a step too far and needs sorted no later than first thing in the morning for the family’s sake.  

As someone who is one day short of completing my 10 days isolation, I feel a mixture of humility and anger. I've been lucky enough to spend my time catching up with my family who I haven't seen for 17 months. My heart goes out out to that young woman. Would anyone really take issue with a bending of the rules/expression of reason over bureaucracy? 

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

As someone who is one day short of completing my 10 days isolation, I feel a mixture of humility and anger. I've been lucky enough to spend my time catching up with my family who I haven't seen for 17 months. My heart goes out out to that young woman. Would anyone really take issue with a bending of the rules/expression of reason over bureaucracy? 

Roolz is roolz bbz. 

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Leitch is a w**k

Absolutely inexusable to try to justify shite like this less than 1 week after the UEFA VIPs were free to swan in as they pleased.

Own it. Rectify it. Learn from it.

Different government let them in.  One that doesn’t care about its citizens.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw the video rangers have put on about fans returning to Ibrox. I thought the one someone posted on here from Falkirk was bad but jeez this is another level. "Turn your head away from someone if they're passing you on the way out of the row". Both people were wearing a mask 🤣

Sage advice at Ibrox tbf.

There’s a precedent in this pandemic for an exemption being granted by Sturgeon under similar circumstances by letting a dying woman take a final holiday to Tenerife.

Fingers crossed she does so again for the family’s sake. And hopefully doing so in such a fashion that Clownshoes is publically humiliated to the fullest degree possible.

In years to come we'll look back and realise just how cruel and inhumane the covid situation was. Allowing only one person in to see someone with hours to live, only having a select few at funerals, not being able to take a cord etc. Stories like the lassie being caught up in red tape whilst her dad has days to live. Treatments/operations being postponed for months creating an almighty back log. Disgraceful 

Edited by Thereisalight..

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

There’s a precedent in this pandemic for an exemption being granted by Sturgeon under similar circumstances by letting a dying woman take a final holiday to Tenerife.

Fingers crossed she does so again for the family’s sake. And hopefully doing so in such a fashion that Clownshoes is publically humiliated to the fullest degree possible.

That wasn't any special changing of the rules, she just pointed out that there was nothing in the rules stopping her, in those circumstances.

Possibly time to rename a certain individual cuntshoes. Genuinely angry after reading that. 

The lack of compassion shown 'coz covid ought to be remembered for a long time to come, especially when we're being told just how much the politicians care and have our best interests at heart. 

25 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Erm, not entirely sure where I’m going with this but NHS Scotland/Public Health is the gig for that guy Humza-sumbdyguy, no?
In a bulletproof SNP administration, no? How will he survive?

Ocht, c’mon, he’ll skoosh it!!

Sorry meant to English Health Minister

In years to come we'll look back and realise just how cruel and inhumane the covid situation was. Allowing only one person in to see someone with hours to live, only having a select few at funerals, not being able to take a cord etc. Stories like the lassie being caught up in red tape whilst her dad has days to live. Treatments/operations being postponed for months creating an almighty back log. Discrageful 
My missus has worked in a hospice for years, unusually for her came home one day this week, asked for a drink and went and sat out the back for a while. Elderly man was in his final hours and he had his wife and one son with him whilst the other son had to sit in his car in the car due to visiting restrictions. Been like this for a year with families chasing ambulances so they could say their farewells as patients were being wheeled into the building. All of this because we just don't know, those responsible for such an appalling lack of compassion should be ashamed of themselves.

3 minutes ago, ddfg said:
22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
In years to come we'll look back and realise just how cruel and inhumane the covid situation was. Allowing only one person in to see someone with hours to live, only having a select few at funerals, not being able to take a cord etc. Stories like the lassie being caught up in red tape whilst her dad has days to live. Treatments/operations being postponed for months creating an almighty back log. Discrageful 

My missus has worked in a hospice for years, unusually for her came home one day this week, asked for a drink and went and sat out the back for a while. Elderly man was in his final hours and he had his wife and one son with him whilst the other son had to sit in his car in the car due to visiting restrictions. Been like this for a year with families chasing ambulances so they could say their farewells as patients were being wheeled into the building. All of this because we just don't know, those responsible for such an appalling lack of compassion should be ashamed of themselves.

Horrible to read that. Compassion went out the window a long time ago with that lot on their mad power trip. At least theres the ones like your wife who balance out these kunts and their lack of empathy 

Just read the BBC article about the above. Fucking hell man.... Close to tears even just it. When I lost my mum I was there every day when we knew the end was coming, and still I think and regret and wonder if I could have done more. What this will do to that family is utterly appalling. Heartbreaking. 

Who the f**k does Jason Leitch think he is honestly. Cant believe what i'm reading there. Get this vile p***k in the bin. 

Doesn't seem that long ago Cuntshoes was greetin about getting abuse for being a mouthpiece.

A quite astonishing lack of self awareness tbh.

He reads this thread, doesn't he? When he sees this, I hope he goes and takes a moment to reflect on what a monumental arsehole he has become.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just for a deflection from the story about the dying father and his family wanting to meet up, I’m watching England v Pakistan one day cricket on Channel 5 which was played today at Trent Bridge, Nottingham with 17,500 full house crowd. 
On one hand, the scenes, happiness, excitement are superb but in the context of this ongoing story about Leitch and his tv comments about pushing back a dying father’s family, I am uncomfortable how low we have sunk in Scotland and allowed this un-democratic unelected shit show to evolve,

“Save the NHS” seems so far away from where are being nannied just now.