Coronavirus (COVID-19)

When people started talking about Simps on this thread previously I didn’t know what it meant so I searched and ended up watching the PrisonPlanet guy video about it. It’s absolutely fucked my YouTube algorithm, I now get “How to be a based and red pilled alpha chad” videos recommended in it all the time. Should I just surrender to radicalisation?

I realise this isn’t the worst thing that’s happened to anyone during the pandemic but it is still extremely serious.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I feel like it's been a watershed moment on this thread. The Simps have been out of control and their tone and messaging today has been hideous. This was an inevitable conclusion of their Simping but it's still outrageous.

Yeah, probably best we leave the thread to the echo-chamber Main Players.

Simps began as some of the worst patter ever, and it really hasn’t improved with age.  

14 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Yeah, probably best we leave the thread to the echo-chamber Main Players.

Simps began as some of the worst patter ever, and it really hasn’t improved with age.  

I mean as someone who has just been reading all varieties of wild takes on here in the last 48 hours withoutany input, there's not been any worse patter than accusing a lassie trying to get home to her dad who is days away from dying of cancer, of being an opportunist who just wants a few days in Marbs.

Then doubling down by pulling out all sorts of legislation as to why she could have just come home when the fact of the matter is that the rules set out are as clear as mud and there shouldn't in any circumstances be a need for anyone to be performing sidesteps and jumping through loopholes to get home in such a life or death emergency. 

And then without a shred of irony, having the gall to be calling other folk on the thread heartless tories.

Genuinely staggering folk want restrictions to last another year.
The idea that the most tested island on the planet is all of a sudden going to sprout a whole new disease (as thats what a "variant" which magically defeats any vaccine would be) overnight and infect the entire planet is wild to me. Theres every chance its burnt itself out in the UK by next Summer if all restrictions are lifted next month.
All the while it'll be allowed to live on, and evolve in hosts, in countries that aren't vaccinating their population.
Thanks for that professor [emoji1787]

I mean as someone who has just been reading all varieties of wild takes on here in the last 48 hours withoutany input, there's not been any worse patter than accusing a lassie trying to get home to her dad who is days away from dying of cancer, of being an opportunist who just wants a few days in Marbs.
Then doubling down by pulling out all sorts of legislation as to why she could have just come home when the fact of the matter is that the rules set out are as clear as mud and there shouldn't in any circumstances be a need for anyone to be performing sidesteps and jumping through loopholes to get home in such a life or death emergency. 
And then without a shred of irony, having the gall to be calling other folk on the thread heartless tories.

Where are you getting this last bit from?

I've checked the posts in the past 24 hours and the only reference to it was in an Oaksoft post.

10 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

My goodness.

I always think this thread might be different.

This is Daily Mail letter's page stuff.

Cheerio, then.

9 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's wild. This is like the missus's facebook groups from April last year.  Foaming hysterical spiked & GB News induced fucking drivel. 

@DeeTillEhDeh apologies not outright use of the word 'tories' but GB News and Daily Mail are references along those lines.

[mention=22650]DeeTillEhDeh[/mention] apologies not outright use of the word 'tories' but GB News and Daily Mail are references along those lines.
I was looking for the word Tory/Tories.

That's why I couldn't find it.

Not something I would do - not unless the person was a known Tory.

Remember now, 'Let's pretend its' Freedom Day only applies to England.
Now how many of us in Scotland need to be reminded of this???? ffs

Drakeford posted something similar on Sturgeon's Twitter feed the other day.

We've seen enough "this is so confusing, I don't understand" vox pops to show there are some really thick people out there.