Coronavirus (COVID-19)

RBS in Dundee still had someone at the door asking why people were there and were they sure it wasn’t something they could do via online or phone banking. 

Banks seemed to be doing that long before covid was a thing. I remember a few times turning up to pay money into my account and while I was queuing someone coming up to me and telling me I could just deposit it in an envelope into their wee box.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Our RBS has been doing that for a few years before COVID to be fair.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Banks seemed to be doing that long before covid was a thing. I remember a few times turning up to pay money into my account and while I was queuing someone coming up to me and telling me I could just deposit it in an envelope into their wee box.

Yes, but at least pre-COVID you could answer with “it’s something I’d rather deal with in the branch” and be left alone. 

Now, you have to tell them exactly why you’re there or you aren’t getting in. 

Just now, The Master said:

Yes, but at least pre-COVID you could answer with “it’s something I’d rather deal with in the branch” and be left alone. 

Now, you have to tell them exactly why you’re there or you aren’t getting in. 

That’s a bit mad I’ve only ever been to assist clients at work or pay in coins into the counting machine right enough.

11 minutes ago, The Master said:

RBS in Dundee still had someone at the door asking why people were there and were they sure it wasn’t something they could do via online or phone banking. 

Thats f**k all to do with Covid.  They want to shut all branches anyway.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Now, you have to tell them exactly why you’re there or you aren’t getting in

I’m calling bullshit on this.  Banking is a necessary service.  Financial services workers were deemed as key workers during the lockdown days.  Mrs. Back works for one of the largest banks in the country and laughed when I showed her this.

Just now, Left Back said:

I’m calling bullshit on this.  Banking is a necessary service.  

I seem to recall one of my local branches shutting up shop at lunchtime 'because Covid' when I had to cash a cheque a few months ago so they clearly don't consider themselves that essential.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I seem to recall one of my local branches shutting up shop at lunchtime 'because Covid' when I had to cash a cheque a few months ago so they clearly don't consider themselves that essential.

That would be entirely different from turning you away because you didn’t tell them outside why you wanted to access the bank.

They worked reduced opening hours to minimise staff exposure during the fear days of speaking to someone would kill you.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

I’m calling bullshit on this.  Banking is a necessary service.  Financial services workers were deemed as key workers during the lockdown days.  Mrs. Back works for one of the largest banks in the country and laughed when I showed her this.

I’m not sure why what I describe in any way conflicts with banking being deemed an essential service.

Your wife could be the CEO of Barclays for all I care. That doesn’t mean she knows about the policies and procedures being adopted by RBS in Dundee High Street. 

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

That would be entirely different from turning you away because you didn’t tell them outside why you wanted to access the bank.

They worked reduced opening hours to minimise staff exposure during the fear days of speaking to someone would kill you.

What, because the virus knows to only come out after lunchtime or something? 

The reduction in access to a 'necessary service' was exactly the same to anyone who had a fucking job. They did it in anyway because Covid gave them a handy excuse to sack off dealing with customers.

Edited by vikingTON

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Speaking as a man who got changed in a disabled toilet tonight before giving my textbook plodding display for an hour, I can confirm that fives changing rooms remain closed.

Ah I see. The powerleague at portobello announced that all facilities were fully open again, I just assumed that other places would follow suit.

Researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July from 86%. The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%.

Booster shots probably needed.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July from 86%. The effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%.

Booster shots probably needed.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

‘Ahead of peer review’. So erm, rather early to be drawing conclusions.

2nd jag done yesterday. Arm killing me this morning, and suspect it'll get a battering tonight whilst I'm crammed into a full McDiarmid Park but it'll be worth it.

Had around a 35 minute wait in a queue of people getting their 2nd jab yesterday btw. They said there was a lot of drop in of younger folk too.

Speaking as a man who got changed in a disabled toilet tonight before giving my textbook plodding display for an hour, I can confirm that fives changing rooms remain closed.
Fecking cooncils who run facilities are the problem. They know rather than a clean with a broom once a week that the showers and changing rooms need constantly cleaned.
What to do.
Oh f**k it keep them closed and just force punters to turn up changed and drive home smelling like shit.
Policy where I am anyway.
The £57 an hour has not reduced along with the facilities.
So not govt restrictions just public sector laziness.

An aptly timed article from The Torygraph - and it's spot on.  It does seem like the pressure is starting to build, so hopefully they get it fucked off fairly soon.

Any "pressure" will vanish in around 4-6 weeks when maw, paw and the weans are no longer wanting their week on the beach unfortunately. The much maligned NZ announced a plan to restart international travel in January, I wouldn't bet on the UK being too much further on than we are now re testing and traffic lights by then.