Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Once again the people in this sub defending the SNP as usual :lol: 

Thankfully I see more opposition than pandering in that thread for a change. Good to see. 

• 6,400 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 61,410 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 11.1% of these were positive
  • 17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 55 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 624 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,111,513 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,699,250 have received their second dose

Scotland now testing more people per day than the whole UK was doing this time last year!

positivity rates staying stable so at least it doesnt appear to be getting any worse

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure a football fans group speaks for the ordinary Scottish football fan - I don’t know anyone that would even contemplate joining something like that! 

Though, membership wise they are trying to say a large percentage of Scottish fans are members... which I find baffling!

Their "members" are folk who have signed up for their mailing list at some point. They're a sham organisation led by Paul Goodwin.

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:
  • 6,400 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 61,410 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 11.1% of these were positive
  • 17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 55 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 624 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,111,513 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,699,250 have received their second dose

Hospital numbers down.

25 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Can someone explain to me why you need a vaccine passport for an outdoor football stadium but not for an indoor venue like a theatre?

Theatres will need them if they have 10,000 people, just the same as a football stadium.

Edited by craigkillie

21 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Can someone explain to me why you need a vaccine passport for an outdoor football stadium but not for an indoor venue like a theatre?

Nightclubs are not OK but a pub is OK? 

Is there any logic being applied to this? Stupid question given the long list of illogical rules throughout this pandemic.

You will need a Vax passport for the Hydro, as far as I know that's the only 4,000+ seater "theatre" in Scotland.

Unless I've missed it you will only need a passport for 10,000+ participants outdoors so regardless if you go to see a Celtic game or a concert at Hampden it will be the same.

Pubs and nightclubs have been treated differently from day 1, rightly or wrongly.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Theatres will need them if they have 10,000 people, just the same as a football stadium.

I'm saying that the risk appears greater to me indoors so why would a large capacity indoor theatre like HMT in Aberdeen does not need the passport but Pittodrie does.

Nightclubs are not OK but a pub is OK? 
Is there any logic being applied to this? Stupid question given the long list of illogical rules throughout this pandemic.
I wonder what the average number of pubs visited on a day/night out is.... Or the ratio of people on any given day that visit more than 1 pub, compared to those who go on to a nightclub is.

I cant think of ever having been in more than 1 nightclub on a night out, maybe by rare exception. An average day out however, probably consists of 4 or 5 pubs visited.

Wonder which of these is the greater threat......

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Theatres will need them if they have more than 500 people - that's compared to 10,000 people before you need one at a football match.

In theory over 10k could turn up to any given match at rugby park, in practice this is highly unlikely for a run of the mill league game that isn't generating much of a buzz, but you couldn't say for absolute certain that it would't unless killie capped tickets at 9.999

10 thousand people can't turn up to westfield as the capacity won't allow it , both clubs could be getting their regular crowd of 3-4 k but you could end up in some ridiculous scenario of one requiring a covid pass and one wouldn't

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder what the average number of pubs visited on a day/night out is.... Or the ratio of people on any given day that visit more than 1 pub, compared to those who go on to a nightclub is.

I cant think of ever having been in more than 1 nightclub on a night out, maybe by rare exception. An average day out however, probably consists of 4 or 5 pubs visited.

Wonder which of these is the greater threat......

I'm a lazy b*****d these days. Very few times I see the point of a pub crawl. If I'm in a pub with a decent pint in front if me, I'm not moving.

That said, I only ever go to the pub before and after the football these days. Except today when I'm meeting a mate down the local for a few pints.

Coercion by another name then. Glad you find that acceptable practice by the SG. Ryan Giggs must be shaking his head, dragged over hot coals by the media for using coercion on an ex, yet when the Govt does it, its applauded 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We already have Detournement for this level of deranged pish, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm saying that the risk appears greater to me indoors so why would a large capacity indoor theatre like HMT in Aberdeen does not need the passport but Pittodrie does.

Not sure 1300 people is a large capacity?

Britain's largest theatre is only a little over 3,000 people so you could maybe make a case for the playhouse to be included but not sure about the rest and then it would of course be the only one so no doubt they would challenge it.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not sure 1300 people is a large capacity?

Britain's largest theatre is only a little over 3,000 people so you could maybe make a case for the playhouse to be included but not sure about the rest and then it would of course be the only one so no doubt they would challenge it.

It's indoors with restricted avenues for movement of people so a lot of mingling of the crowd. 

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

In theory over 10k could turn up to any given match at rugby park, in practice this is highly unlikely for a run of the mill league game that isn't generating much of a buzz, but you couldn't say for absolute certain that it would't unless killie capped tickets at 9.999

10 thousand people can't turn up to westfield as the capacity won't allow it , both clubs could be getting their regular crowd of 3-4 k but you could end up in some ridiculous scenario of one requiring a covid pass and one wouldn't

If required, Killie most likely will cap ticket sales at 9999 for the majority of the remaining fixtures. The only games I could see getting anywhere near troubling that limit would be the New Year derby against Ayr, a Scottish Cup quarter-final if we got there, or a game to clinch the title. Presumably we would just ask for certification for those matches.

Daily Cases Update:  Day 28 in a row of our 4th wave of infections, case rises up a smaller 2.16% to 748.9     I think tomorrows figures will be another rise but of less than 1%.   Good news is many authorities have had 2 days of falls.

2nd vaccination figures are absolutely horrific. Kebabs & Uber not cutting it.

Greenock East may have taken top spot at 2097.  Hard to tell as so many neighbourhoods pushing 2000 now.

Israel is giving us another run for world leaders.  Up to 700.

In Europe Switzerland rose 100% in a week but then levelled off.  Norway currently running hot up 85%.   France is dropping quickly and Spain & Portugal have dropped of my chart.  Holidays should be looking good.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  2,396 to 2,709 ,  2nd vaccines  10,305 to 8,104  

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 24th August to 30th August were 40,071 now 40,935 up 2.16%, Positivity was 13.5% now 13.4%.  Cases per 100K were 733.1 now 748.9

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  357.3 to 355.4 down 0.53%, England 312.9 to 308.0 down 1.57%, Wales 422.0 to 424.6 up 0.62%, Northern Ireland  610.3 to 593.9 down 2.69%

In Europe for travellers  Ireland  243.3 (Weekly change -3%),  Greece 204.1 (Weekly change -8%), Albania 204.1 (weekly change up 50%), Switzerland 202.6 (weekly change -1%),  Serbia 190.5 (weekly change up 43%), France 177.4 (Weekly change -20%), Norway 170.9 (weekly change up 85%), Bulgaria 154.6 (Weekly change up 16%)   These are still the only main countries over 150 cases per 100K   

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

North Lanarkshire   1247.0 to 1261.9   New table toppers

Inverclyde  1130.3 to 1238.0  Up a large 10% 

East Dunbartonshire   1229.4 to 1207.4 to 1159.5  Down 3.96%   2 days of falls.

West Dunbartonshire  1128.6 to 1104.8  Down 2.11%   2 days of falls.

East Renfrewshire 1003.5 to 1083.7  Up over 8%

Renfrewshire  1046.9 to 1053.6 

South Lanarkshire  1001.5 to 1010.5   

Glasgow City 963.5 to 996.2 

HUGE GAP

North Ayrshire 744.1 to 782.9

Midlothian   678.5 to 751.5   Up well over 10%

BELOW AVERAGE

City Of Edinburgh   715.3 to 729.5 

Argyll & Bute   756.2 to 723.4  Down over 4%.  2nd day of falls.  

Clackmannanshire  719.4 to 701.9 Down 2.43%.  2nd day of falls.

Dundee City    665.2 to 698.8

Falkirk 648.4 to 683.2 

West Lothian    668.0  to 680.6

South Ayrshire   629.6 to 667.9

East Ayrshire   613.5 to 634.0 

Stirling  605.9 to 617.6  

East Lothian   601.5 to 614.5 

Dumfries & Galloway 627.8 to 605.6  Down 3.53% 2nd day of falls.

Fife   565.3 to 600.6  

Highlands 531.4 to 514.8  

Scottish  Borders   426.5 to 433.9

Angus  399.8 to 433.4    

Aberdeenshire 413.0 to 421.0

Aberdeen City   398.6 to 412.6  

Perth & Kinross   322.6 to 297.5  Down near 8%

Shetland Islands  201.1 to 231.7  

Western Isles   192.5 to 181.1  

Moray   192.2 to 176.6  

Orkney Islands   58.0 to 53.6 

Edited by superbigal

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Football fans are scum though mate. 

There has already been numerous studies that show outdoors transmission is much less than indoors. As usual sports fans are being treated like the unclean, uneducated plebs that the government see them as