Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This plus the cuts in funding are why primary care is on its knees. 

As your wife is a GP, you obviously know a lot about how primary care works.

Your statement ‘cuts in funding’ seems to be totally at odds with what politicians tell us, both UK and SG.

Could you maybe expand a bit on this as it is very interesting.

Also, is your wife full time or part time, as I was slaughtered on here by suggesting that part of the shortage was down to the number of part time GP’s.

Thanks in anticipation.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lassie came in here coughing and spluttering yesterday, not COVID, a cold. She left early as she had a dentist appointment. Dentist told her to f**k off as she was coughing everywhere and she's decided it's best she works from home today "so's a don't gie everybudy wit av goat!".

Even without COVID it takes a certain kind of special to think that a dentist can do anything in your mouth when you've got a persistent cough.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looking forward to a week off shortly

Mild symptoms, then?

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Your statement ‘cuts in funding’ seems to be totally at odds with what politicians tell us, both UK and SG.

Also, is your wife full time or part time, as I was slaughtered on here by suggesting that part of the shortage was down to the number of part time GP’s.

Thanks in anticipation.

Astounded that politicians are lying. Take into account equipment price rises, labour costs, new services which come out of existing budgets and you have an under funded service. Tynie should hopefully be able to attest to this. GP’s have been expected to manage much more in the community with no significant raise in funding. All in its a real terms cut in funding, however politicians wish to dress it. 
Not that it really matters because people are entitled to work part time she is a full time GP who works 4 10-11 hour days a week on top of training courses and stuff done in her ‘own time’ at weekends etc. 

Thanks in anticipation.
No gaps in the shelves at my GPs type post imminent.

The Arsene Wenger of PnB for sure.

40 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Astounded that politicians are lying. Take into account equipment price rises, labour costs, new services which come out of existing budgets and you have an under funded service. Tynie should hopefully be able to attest to this. GP’s have been expected to manage much more in the community with no significant raise in funding. All in its a real terms cut in funding, however politicians wish to dress it. 
Not that it really matters because people are entitled to work part time she is a full time GP who works 4 10-11 hour days a week on top of training courses and stuff done in her ‘own time’ at weekends etc. 

Thank you.

Do Aberdeen regularly get under 10k for home games. Never realised their support had ebbed away that much even given their poor start.

Is this how the scheme works ? The organisers decide on the need based on an estimate of attendance and what happens if say 15k rock up or is this them saying they are restricting the crowd to 9999 in essence ?

They've clearly found a loophole which helps them avoid discriminating against their own unvaccinated season ticket holders.
Good on them.
Like everything else they have got wrong, I bet Sturgeon and Swinney didn't see that coming.
Civil disobedience like this will kill this disgraceful passport scheme at birth.
Rangers, Celtic and the 2 Edinburgh teams will find this a harder loophole to use but I hope they all find a way.

Is it a loophole, I have no idea how it works. Seems too easy to "anticipate" a crowd under the limit. Poorly draughtsed legislation if true.

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just reading it's not being enforced at Hampden this weekend although they intend doing spot checks as a trial but won't stop anyone without vaccine proof from entering.

None of it will be enforced until the 16th or 18th, can't remember which. 

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

What a shitey home support or are we taking the pish?

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I know Aberdeen have been fcking rank this season, but I still thought they were getting a decent home support? Throw in the fact hibs and hearts always take a good away support I'd say aye they're taking the piss but fair dos

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know Aberdeen have been fcking rank this season, but I still thought they were getting a decent home support? Throw in the fact hibs and hearts always take a good away support I'd say aye they're taking the piss but fair does 

There will be far more than 10k but I think we're at it.

2,691 new cases of COVID-19 reported

42,191 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

6.8% of these were positive

39 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

69 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

980 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,235,075 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,854,847 have received their second dose

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

They've clearly found a loophole which helps them avoid discriminating against their own unvaccinated season ticket holders.

Good on them.

Like everything else they have got wrong, I bet Sturgeon and Swinney didn't see that coming.

Civil disobedience like this will kill this disgraceful passport scheme at birth.

Rangers, Celtic and the 2 Edinburgh teams will find this a harder loophole to use but I hope they all find a way.

Doubt Hibs will have that problem either, tbh. 😎

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

I see masks look set to be reintroduced in schools in England. Looks like it's being "targeted" to areas with the highest cases for now but Zahawi is warning if cases continue to rise it could become universal in schools.

Err, a few schools in Cambridgeshire have been 'asked' because the local public health weirdos are Spud-ing the bed.