Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It just shows how independently minded the English are.

None of this mask nonsense even if they're the ones recommending them.

FTFY 

This post was brought to you by Dominic Cummings and Specsaver.

Terrible to see all those masks on display.
Hardly any at the Tory party conference.
Why is it "terrible" for you that people you don't know attending an event you are not connected to are wearing masks as they are required to do. Bizarre statement. What other people do to their own bodies is nothing to do with you nor should it.

Why is it "terrible" for you that people you don't know attending an event you are not connected to are wearing masks as they are required to do. Bizarre statement. What other people do to their own bodies is nothing to do with you nor should it.
I think it's because he's a trolling fantasist tbh.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont understand managers who give staff grief for being off sick at all. If my staff member came in sick then they risk infecting the rest of my team. Also theres a safety aspect, if they are ill they aren’t on the ball and mistakes happen. Ive got a zero tolerance for people coming in sick and quite happy to tell people to go home. It also means that attendance support meetings are easy enough to conduct because the staff are more likely to be open and honest with you about problems. 

If I'm sick i pretty much need to come into work as if I stay off work I don't get paid. My manager can tell me to go home but I won't get paid the rest of my shift / time off. 

Support meetings are great for when they happen. Are you fit to come back to work? No but I need the money so I need to be here . Can we help you in any way? Ha good one. 

So aye we spread sickness to staff and also customers. 

2 hours ago, Rod1877 said:

It's doubtful that she just turned up.  It's rather more likely that she was invited to attend by the folk at Glasgow Airport who, rather than being inclined to launch her out of the door, declare themselves "proud" to welcome her to the event.  Having presumably had direct dealings with her (or at least with her minions) over the past 18 months, they don't appear to consider themselves to have been used as a plaything.

Aye, you're right, I'm sure there's no animosity between the Scottish aviation industry and the Scottish Government. jose.png

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

image.png.dfed3b0b5bc9d8ae04795d3da1bc4e82.png

Mandatory mask wearing working wonders.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think they're enforced anywhere in Scotland anymore, apart from dentists, hospitals etc. 

What? They’re still mandatory in shops and indoor facilities when not sat down at a table eating or drinking. Unless I’ve missed something?

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What? They’re still mandatory in shops and indoor facilities when not sat down at a table eating or drinking. Unless I’ve missed something?

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone told to put one on. Rail staff are told not to for instance, and most shop staff the same.

People come to work ill because it's a cultural thing.
I worked for several bosses who boasted about not having a day off sick in their careers.
That sends a clear message.
I then worked for a boss who sent me home when I came in feeling a bit rough because he had the intelligence to realise that me eeking out a week or so in this state and potentially wiping out his entire staff base with flu over the following 6 weeks, until everyone had got a dose, wasn't helping anyone.
Organisations with good leadership don't tend to have these problems.
I have had this with staff myself - spoke to our business manager and suggested they shouldn't be in the building and be sent home.