Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Phil Collins took on full time singing duties on the album And Then There Were Three after Peter Gabriel left which I'd say was when he came to prominence. Each to their own but I'd say that was their last good album and they went downhill from there. The double live album Seconds Out is a masterpiece with them at their peak IMO.

They were always shite.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/mass-free-covid-tests-could-25174676
I'd assume if Westminster turn off the money tap for mass PCR testing Holyrood will have to follow suit and we'll get more claims of "reckless rories".
If it's as reported there it will make virtually zero difference to test numbers given the "key" settings it says must retain free testing must be making up a huge number of daily tests. First report I've seen mentioning axing PCR testing surely axing free LFTs would make far more sense.

France charges for the antigen tests now, so I trust that doing so here would pass the European country does it approval threshold and therefore we'd not be allowed to complain about it. 

Unless the 'professional' antigen testing is better than the home tests, which are garbage, seems like it would be better to keep the PCRs and bin the LFTs. Been numerous reports this week down here of people testing positive several times on their LFTs and then getting a negative PCR. What a waste of resources. 

For what it's worth, we should be looking to get rid of testing ASAP given the country's vaccination status. I can't see it before winter is out though. 

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Phil Collins took on full time singing duties on the album And Then There Were Three after Peter Gabriel left which I'd say was when he came to prominence. Each to their own but I'd say that was their last good album and they went downhill from there. The double live album Seconds Out is a masterpiece with them at their peak IMO.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.

I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Doesn't look like a Scotrail train unless I'm very much mistaken.

But yes if you're not happy move.

Just see the mental Scotrail Twitter account says phone the police. What.

Hatred of Scotland and everything that represents Scotland will trump that.
Seems to in this case, simply unbelievable stuff that life is so polarised. Going to a Scotland game = must be pro SNP / Indy is bonkers mentality so get the police onto them for something no doubt they themselves will be totally opposed to just because of who is mandating it.
A psychologists dream !

Not for me, but do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

39 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just see the mental Scotrail Twitter account says phone the police. What.

Would be funny if he knows it's an English train. She has loads of anti vax and masks RTs on her time line, it's like a bot account whose algorithms have failed.

Travelling with Jet2 to Mallorca from Edinburgh tomorrow. Just received text and email saying 

We’re sorry, but due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the UK Government travel restrictions, we’ve made adjustments to our flying programme for 10th October 2021 As a result, we wanted to let you know that your flight will now operate via another airport to drop off and/or collect some customers.

To cut a long story short now flying Edinburgh to Ibiza, some punters get off there we stay on flight and once some folk have got on we head on to Mallorca. It's being labelled as a last minute change but I'd noticed that the flight times had changed at least 10 days ago and had queried it on line at that time but got no response.

Clearly it's a sound commercial decision but have to say I'm somewhat pissed off by it.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Travelling with Jet2 to Mallorca from Edinburgh tomorrow. Just received text and email saying 
We’re sorry, but due to the ongoing uncertainty caused by the UK Government travel restrictions, we’ve made adjustments to our flying programme for 10th October 2021 As a result, we wanted to let you know that your flight will now operate via another airport to drop off and/or collect some customers.
To cut a long story short now flying Edinburgh to Ibiza, some punters get off there we stay on flight and once some folk have got on we head on to Mallorca. It's being labelled as a last minute change but I'd noticed that the flight times had changed at least 10 days ago and had queried it on line at that time but got no response.
Clearly it's a sound commercial decision but have to say I'm somewhat pissed off by it.
Probably thin on numbers. Be a bit chilly ?
Completely opposite going to Canary Islands. Look at todays Jet2 out of Glasgow. They have doubled up on flights to Tenerife and Lanzarote at virtually last minute. Mega busy in the afternoon.
I'm heading to Tenerife next Saturday.

34 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not for me, but do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Happened to the in laws when they went to Zante in September. Outbound flight stopped off in Kefalonia. Added about 90 minutes on to the flight time, and that's with Kefalonia being right on the same flight path, you normally fly over it going to Zante.

They only found out the day before too.