Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Nothing happened in my street. Guess most felt like me that this feels partronising. Instead of Boris standing outside number 10 clapping for the cameras, he should be getting protective equipment to underpaid and overstretched health workers

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

No-one on here is getting carried away with positivity - instead it's just about keeping perspective and staying calm.

I'd rather applaud the efforts of those in the nhs than shout "we're all fucked" from the rooftops.

Anyway, my missus has checked and a few neighbours we know are joining us. The kids are looking forward to it as well, so we'll see if any other c**t joins in.

How did your missus manage to check with the neighbours? 

Edited by Rugster

9 minutes ago, Stevieda said:
26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:
Not sure this is verified but fucking hell

That's really close to the O2 academy so assume it's a clip from another time when some pop music was on

This.

2 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

People got to get food. You can't get anything in Ayr worth talking about unless you're out early.

Ah well, I suppose folk will just have to die from the virus and loads of other be really ill with it and the lifting of the lockdown be delayed as the knock on infections keep happening.

But to be serious, f**k knows what can be done about this. Supermarket shortages are a growing problem as people will continue to buy more than usual since they don't know the next time the supermarkets will get what they need in. Also a problem is loads of folk still being in the shop at the same time and not abiding by social distance regulations.

I must be really lucky where I live as the Lidl just along the road had plenty of fresh vegetables when I was in on Tuesday afternoon. Obviously no pasta and a significant shortage in tinned goods, but there were plenty of tinned fish and vegetables. The meat aisle still had a decent amount left too, even some mince and chicken, and there were plenty of quiches and things like ready made curry. Even some pies, but sadly no steak ones (unless you count the lies that are the one with a pastry lid!). Some fish was there too.

Frozen aisle was half empty, but also half full. 

There's a wee shop just along the road as well that has a small freezer bit at the back and otherwise fully stocked shelves of tins. For some reason this shop hasn't been stripped bare each day!

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

Seems like the Brixton videos are fake news, showing a recent tube strike or tube closure of some kind. It was sunny today in Brixton and it’s rainy in the videos.

Social media, as predicted, is a massive hindrance in this situation.

What a bunch of vapid self centered shits.

People are afraid and they want to do things that both make them feel connected and to celebrate those they feel help them. And the low IQ clowns on this forum mock that. 

You are just horribly self centered"human beings". 

Ah well, I suppose folk will just have to die from the virus and loads of other be really ill with it and the lifting of the lockdown be delayed as the knock on infections keep happening.
But to be serious, f**k knows what can be done about this. Supermarket shortages are a growing problem as people will continue to buy more than usual since they don't know the next time the supermarkets will get what they need in. Also a problem is loads of folk still being in the shop at the same time and not abiding by social distance regulations.
I must be really lucky where I live as the Lidl just along the road had plenty of fresh vegetables when I was in on Tuesday afternoon. Obviously no pasta and a significant shortage in tinned goods, but there were plenty of tinned fish and vegetables. The meat aisle still had a decent amount left too, even some mince and chicken, and there were plenty of quiches and things like ready made curry. Even some pies, but sadly no steak ones (unless you count the lies that are the one with a pastry lid!). Some fish was there too.
Frozen aisle was half empty, but also half full. 
There's a wee shop just along the road as well that has a small freezer bit at the back and otherwise fully stocked shelves of tins. For some reason this shop hasn't been stripped bare each day!
People are not giving a f**k when it comes to shopping and that's regardless of what has been put in place ( lines on the floor to keep distance and security in car park and at door and checkouts now split apart so rather than 32 till opens we have 7 .

This weekend will be fun

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/how-the-uk-plans-to-source-30000-ventilators-for-nhs-coronavirus

Ventilator production seems to be coming along well. It should have been organised much earlier but the companies involved should be able to supply what the NHS needs. 

Aye, good luck with importing them from the US when the individual states are desperately bidding against each other and the Federal Government, and the UK is competing against the EU. And ramping up from zero production to thousands from when they get approval to delivering before the peak. And finding enough spare staff to train up in time. Hope it all happens obviously, but I can't see it.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My company has wormed out of the requirement to keep us home somehow and have told us to come back on monday with no info about social distancing or safety.
Genuine wtf

What?! How are they justifying that? Total scumbags.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

People are not giving a f**k when it comes to shopping and that's regardless of what has been put in place ( lines on the floor to keep distance and security in car park and at door and checkouts now split apart so rather than 32 till opens we have 7 .

This weekend will be fun

Aye that doesn't sound like it will be a good situation at all. Feel for you.

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My company has wormed out of the requirement to keep us home somehow and have told us to come back on monday with no info about social distancing or safety.
Genuine wtf

Are you in a union?