Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

No point. i was unable to receive any confirmation  of my previous negative results and now all I get from 119 is we are busy, call again later.

I'm pretty sure the 119 service isn't available in Scotland

12 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

No point. i was unable to receive any confirmation  of my previous negative results and now all I get from 119 is we are busy, call again later.

are you looking for the fire brigade in South Korea  ? because you've more chance getting them to respond  because 119 is for England, Wales & Norn Ireland

Edited by Meldrew

49 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

He was saying that on off the ball yesterday too in the bit I heard. Tries too hard with the science for dummies shtick.

Meanwhile, the drip drip drip of further restrictions for England continues, we know how that is going to go. Are we now thinking before or after Wednesday for the announcement of a rule of 6 Christmas and all hospitality and sporting events closed from the 26th for two weeks.

Again, though, leaving things for a week will literally achieve nothing. Most people will ignore any nonsense over the festive/new year period. The horse has already bolted at this point. Even if Boris forced anything through, there's a very strong possibility it will be the end of him.

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

mourinho-shaking-head.gif

This sure achieved a lot in Slovakia! Oh wait, no, it was another absurd waste of time and resources. I census where we can tell the Government what we think of their covid mewling would be nice, though.

The clowns who think there was some sort of magic wand to end this pandemic other than accumulation of immunity through natural infection, in addition to vaccination we were fortunate enough to get so quickly, were always the most delusional.

When all is said and done, most countries will be very similar in terms of death per capita. The UK certainly won't be any sort of outlier, which the Simps must be gutted about.

I'm going to assume he meant "didn't exist in Scotland 3 weeks ago" and that it's not a lie, more an inabilty to express his position cogently - it still leads you to the terracing chant "You don't know what you're doing"!
That's nonsense given the Steps gig widely accredited to be the start of the spread by the SG themselves was 4 weeks ago now so to say it didn't exist in Scotland 3 weeks ago is BS.

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Just get fucking on with it then and put us out of our misery. Who does it actually benefit to drip feed info through the media like this?

Because the "direction of travel" clearly will not be "only going one way"

It's already massively slowing.

Filler, with the illusion of wanting to do something, to buy time for it to happen naturally.

Christmas being a week away is perfectly timed to ensure support for waiting it out.

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, btb said:
I'm going to assume he meant "didn't exist in Scotland 3 weeks ago" and that it's not a lie, more an inabilty to express his position cogently - it still leads you to the terracing chant "You don't know what you're doing"!

That's nonsense given the Steps gig widely accredited to be the start of the spread by the SG themselves was 4 weeks ago now so to say it didn't exist in Scotland 3 weeks ago is BS.

The Coronavirus fans keep reframing stuff and making stuff up. They don’t like that this pandemic is coming to an end. Scared of the drama tap being turned off.

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

So is the general think that Omicron is spreading about but actually doing less than the others? 

There's been early lab results that show while it is more transmissible it has less impact on the lungs. Which is good, but it is better at infecting and a higher viral load might mean less of an immune response, so it's not completely clear cut. 

Your angst seems to be aimed at the construction industry. 

An enormous slice of the blame lies at the short-term-ism of New Labour and their PFI scheme. 

Edin Royal is the hospital I know best.  It's about 50 pounds a week to hire a TV.   12 pounds a day to park to visit the sick.  If you want any semi-healthy food it's not possible because the private contractor is only interested in profitability.    The PFI contract means the tax payer will pay for the hospital many times over and at the end of the contract still won't own the hospital!! 

Anna.

A point that’s often either misunderstood or simply disregarded by huge swathes of the GP. The eye watering payments (year on year % profit) sucked from the NHS budget into PFI & PF(2) long term contracts and how they strangle investment by individual Trusts to develop their services and improve direct patient care.

https://www.patients4nhs.org.uk/pfi-and-the-nhs/

The Coronavirus fans keep reframing stuff and making stuff up. They don’t like that this pandemic is coming to an end. Scared of the drama tap being turned off.
To be honest the reaction to this new strain has reinforced my opinion we are a long way from the end yet. I thought the reaction to the summer "exit wave" (ironic now) was proof we were heading towards an end but this has set us back a long way from that unfortunately.