Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Didn't furlough cost around £69 billion? Whatever the extra money is seems a drop in the ocean.

Hopefully it's just to shut the likes of Sturgeon and Drakeford up without being enough for them to really do anything with (i.e. - fire us into a lockdown).

It’s an interesting stance if that’s what UK gov have done.  Have some money but you have to pay it back.  I get it because why should English taxpayers fund a lockdown for the devolved nations.

£220m is nothing in the grand scheme of things though so I expect the whining to continue.

Just now, Left Back said:

It’s an interesting stance if that’s what UK gov have done.  Have some money but you have to pay it back.  I get it because why should English taxpayers fund a lockdown for the devolved nations.

£220m is nothing in the grand scheme of things though so I expect the whining to continue.

Let them whine, people are starting to wake up that the SG are full of shite.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Eh? So Scots don't pay tax? 

Even then, the magic money tree funding such things is raised by borrowing from the B of E.  

The second part of the tweet is important as well. 

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Sounds very much like it is money to support business / employees isolating. However, as the SG will exacerbate the impact by implementing the 10 day isolation, it's perfectly fair to expect them to foot the additional bill.

It's nowhere near enough to close anything.

6 minutes ago, PWL said:

Eh? So Scots don't pay tax? 

Even then, the magic money tree funding such things is raised by borrowing from the B of E.  

Think you’re missing the point.  No one claimed we don’t pay tax.  Asking the English taxpayer to fund additional spending in the devolved governments is unfair though.

The magic money tree gets paid back at some point.  They can’t print money for ever.

ETA.  “The overall Covid effort” part could mean they’re going to spend it on test and trace (or whatever the name of our equivalent is)

Edited by Left Back

1 minute ago, Squalor Vic said:

Some of the replies in there are incredible and hard to believe are real.

This world has went fuckin bonkers in the past 2 years 

I thought the whole thing about being in hospital was to be made well again, in this case that objective appears to have been achieved. You'd think the nurses would be happy about being so successful. 

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Covid in Scotland: Hints at tougher restrictions around new year https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59717594

How far do we think these c*nts will go this time? 

Yet he's also saying this

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/we-need-more-omicron-data-before-introducing-tougher-covid-measures

I really wish these clowns would say little / nothing until they actually have something to say.

What an absolute farce they have turned this into.

There is a thought that taking paracetamol before getting jabbed is supposed to reduce the side effects. Didn't work for me with my first and I had what felt like a hangover the day after, I didn't bother taking any before the second or booster and I was fine after those.
My missus worked in a NHS/Glasgow council partnership, and after she had a bad reaction with her first jag one of the doctors there advised to take 2 paracetamol and an anti histamine before any other jags. I've done that with all 3 of mine and the only side effect I've had is feeling really tired a few days after them.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Think you’re missing the point.  No one claimed we don’t pay tax.  Asking the English taxpayer to fund additional spending in the devolved governments is unfair though.

The magic money tree gets paid back at some point.  They can’t print money for ever.

It's not just English taxpayers though. It's distribution of UK funds. By the same rights why should Welsh taxpayers pay for a project in Northern Ireland. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Not disagreeing about the side effects.

It's prioritising this one day that I'm baffled about.

I'd have thought that doing anything to avoid covid would be a much bigger priority for people.

But it seems Christmas Day has this almost magical power over people. I get that when it comes to kids but not adults when it comes to making decisions about boosters.

Each to their own though.

I agree with your general point, but delaying your jag by a couple of days isn’t making any difference! 

9 minutes ago, PWL said:

It's not just English taxpayers though. It's distribution of UK funds. By the same rights why should Welsh taxpayers pay for a project in Northern Ireland. 

They don’t.  NI’s spending comes out of their block grant.

I assume you’ve heard of the Barnett formula?