Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, The Stig said:

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1472315931959468039?t=Z8uw1Nib9V0EeQWT22Qjpg&s=19

I can't believe the brass neck of this, NS tweeting the Hearld and saying they are causing anxiety in the population with what they are saying

That’s just typical of the media with a headline like that but Nicola, who brought it on?

She can’t have it both ways.

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

So NHS staff don’t get the Covid jail for 10 days now like the rest of us?  Haven’t seen that publicised anywhere.

Don’t disagree with it but should be the same for the rest of us.

Never have. 

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

If I can be arsed I might check in here in a week or 2 and i'm quite confident you'll still be posting a thousand shite posts a day going round and round with the rest of the 'moon howlers' as I think is the popular term here😂 

Are you planning to try and make a point any time soon?

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1472315931959468039?t=Z8uw1Nib9V0EeQWT22Qjpg&s=19

I can't believe the brass neck of this, NS tweeting the Hearld and saying they are causing anxiety in the population with what they are saying

If furlough was brought back, Sturgeon would have us locked down in an instant without the need to consult Parliament. Not that it would matter, as the toadies would vote it through without a hitch.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012mgs

2hrs of Doctors and such like telling us how bad this situation could possibly be, yet the P & B moon howlers are calling out the simps because South Africa said it was mild.

Doctors mewling about NHS winter pressures? Do you think this is some sort of 'gotcha'?

You do like disrespecting South Africa, though. Why is that? A reminder for your small collection of brain cells: real world evidence shows that Omicron is milder, hypothetical models show... whatever assumptions are built in.

Edited by Elixir

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 minute ago, Meldrew said:
looks-fine-to-me-xd-1474866.png
so are you just going to sit on your hands until it turns to shit ?
oh, we maybe should've did a circuit break thing

I don't think it will 'turn to shit'.

and you studied epidemiology at the university of .........

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Are you planning to try and make a point any time soon?

If furlough was brought back, Sturgeon would have us locked down in an instant without the need to consult Parliament. Not that it would matter, as the toadies would vote it through without a hitch.

Doctors mewling about NHS winter pressures? Do you think this is some sort of 'gotcha'?

You do like disrespecting South Africa, though. Why is that? A reminder for your small collection of brain cells: real world evidence shows that Omicron is milder, hypothetical models show... whatever assumptions are build in.

i'll bump this when it turns to shit, 

Despite the rumblings in the media, I don't see how Boris can introduce any new restrictions without detonating his political career. About a third of his MPs already despise him, and his only realistic replacements, Sunak and Truss, are against covid restrictions. If nothing changes in the next week or two, the horse will have already bolted, if it hasn't already. The public mood is quite clear: people will ignore any restrictions over the Christmas/New Year period anyway, which again renders any restrictions pointless.

55 minutes ago, Dave and Anna Snow said:

Your angst seems to be aimed at the construction industry. 

An enormous slice of the blame lies at the short-term-ism of New Labour and their PFI scheme. 

Edin Royal is the hospital I know best.  It's about 50 pounds a week to hire a TV.   12 pounds a day to park to visit the sick.  If you want any semi-healthy food it's not possible because the private contractor is only interested in profitability.    The PFI contract means the tax payer will pay for the hospital many times over and at the end of the contract still won't own the hospital!! 

Anna.

I am getting to the stage that I doubt that the new Royal Liverpool Hospital will ever be finished, it was supposed to open 5 years ago.

8 hours ago, Elixir said:

Despite the rumblings in the media, I don't see how Boris can introduce any new restrictions without detonating his political career. About a third of his MPs already despise him, and his only realistic replacements, Sunak and Truss, are against covid restrictions. If nothing changes in the next week or two, the horse will have already bolted, if it hasn't already. The public mood is quite clear: people will ignore any restrictions over the Christmas/New Year period anyway, which again renders any restrictions pointless.

The Xmas weekend buys Johnson some time. There won't be any restrictions before then, but next week there will be more data to show that Omicron is not that big a deal (everything from SA suggests this is the case)