Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Could you use a courier instead? Doesn't cost much.

I hadn't thought of that, thanks. 

For some bizarre reason our two tests from chronomics seem to be going back to 2 different labs. 🙄

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

People were dancing in a restaurant on Hogmanay. 

6 meat wagons raided it. 

Well if that's true then it's bad, but I suspect there'll be more to it than that.

And the suggestion that the Black woman was targeted for being Black is fanciful.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I hadn't thought of that, thanks. 

For some bizarre reason our two tests from chronomics seem to be going back to 2 different labs. 🙄

Good luck with them, my fit to fly test never arrived. Luckily the rules had changed so I didn't need it to get on my flight. They're supposed to be more reliable if you got them through your travel company like TUI. 

11 minutes ago, deegee said:

There is a better video shown on the lead story in the Daily Record...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rammy-scots-pub-caught-video-25832099

Article doesn’t say why the polis were emptying the pub at 11:30.  Certainly makes no claim people were being arrested for dancing.  Reads to me they were being nicked for not complying with the order to leave the pub.

The pub I was in on Hogmanay had sold tickets so everyone had a seat. There was a singer and, as soon as some patrons were well oiled, plenty started dancing.

At this point the landlady grabbed the mike and, in no uncertain terms, told everyone to stay seated unless going to the toilet or out for a smoke. Anyone who couldn't agree was told "where the door was".

No more dancing, pub open till 2.

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The pub I was in on Hogmanay had sold tickets so everyone had a seat. There was a singer and, as soon as some patrons were well oiled, plenty started dancing.

At this point the landlady grabbed the mike and, in no uncertain terms, told everyone to stay seated unless going to the toilet or out for a smoke. Anyone who couldn't agree was told "where the door was".

I sometimes dance my way to the toilet and back. Would this be allowed?

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What is this nutter on about? Do they think employers can sack people for… ignoring ‘guidance’ from Nicola?

You seem to be able to be cancelled/ sacked if you're famous and done something completely unconnected with your employment 

So why not farcically expand it out to the rest of us too

Social media is watching 

There's a twitter thread accusing those lassies of being crisis actors paid by the BBC. They've managed to break a whole host of people by simply going for a quiet night out in Carlisle.

Hope they had a good night.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b04aee2a8aae4ed0a1d2eb948881dfca.jpeg

2 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Do we know anything about what took place before the footage started rolling?

I'm largely against lockdowns/restrictions, but think UNN are scraping the barrel here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10361259/Moment-police-storm-Glasgow-pub-arrest-two-people-breaching-Scottish-Covid-rules.html

The owner of the pub said this

This is the shocking moment dozens of police officers descended on a bar in Scotland, wrestling two people to the ground as they closed down the pub.

Onlookers booed and shouted 'shame' as officers arrested two revellers during the raid on the Scottish venue which was hosting a ticketed New Year's Eve party. 

Witnesses claimed six police vans and around 25 officers flooded into the Avant Garde gastropub in Glasgow, Scotland, on New Year's Eve because they saw people dancing at the venue.

Bar owner Billy Tetmichalis, 63, who plans to make a formal complaint against the police, says he was told he had to close because customers were not following Covid regulations. 

However, Police Scotland said the visit was part of a 'routine visit' and not to enforce Covid restrictions.

They told MailOnline the owner was unable to produce proof it was complying with licensing conditions and was subject to enforcement action. 

In the video shared online, officers were heard saying the bar's licence had been revoked and revellers needed to leave. 

Due to strict Covid rules introduced by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon on December 27, pubs and restaurants which serve alcohol returned to table service-only.

Indoor hospitality and leisure venues are required to ensure there is one metre social distancing between different groups of people. 

Mr Tetmichalis told MailOnline officers entered his bar, in King's Street, Glasgow, because they saw a few people 'dancing' and getting served at the bar.

He added: 'Some folk were dancing - that was the initial complaint. Police were walking past and saw people dancing so they came in.

'We had complied with all the measures. We were doing table service but some folk got off their seats to approach the bar and we didn't stop them because everyone was safe.

'This venue has a capacity for 306 people and we stopped selling tickets at 80 in order to give them enough space - everyone was well-spaced.

'Some people came to the bar and we didn't stop them - if that makes us at fault, so be it.'

Footage shows revellers drinking in the bar as police officers flood the venue and break up the party.

Drinkers boo the officers and shout 'shame' as they are all asked to leave. 

One officer confronted a bald man in a black top and waistcoat who was trying to retrieve his jacket.

The video, widely shared on social media, appears to show the man square up to an officer and question his age, telling him 'don't tell me how to behave with my mates, you're young enough to be my son'.

The man asked a policeman not to touch him but the officer shoved him and can be heard saying: 'Do not push me, you'll be arrested if you touch me again.'

The man replied: 'I'm just trying to get my coat.'

Another officer confronted the man and manoeuvred him away from his jacket as the reveller pleaded with the police.

The video shows the man appear to push back, at which point the two officers tackle him to the ground and put him in a headlock as onlookers began booing.

One cried out 'leave him alone,' while another called it a 'disgrace'.

Meanwhile, another officer tried to grab a phone from the hands of the man's partner.

The officer demanded she hand over her phone, before she and another police officer appear to grab the woman, take her to the floor and snatch her mobile.

One person watching the scene unfold in the bar called it 'police brutality', while another told police, 'you can't just hurt people'.

Mr Tetmichalis said the police came in at about 11.15pm to enforce the Covid rules.

He added: 'They thought it proper to close the place. All of a sudden, there were so many vans and I think the police started asking people to leave - they were intimidating.

'All the customers were middle-aged people who come here regularly - there were no youngsters - it was a lively atmosphere until the police arrived.'  

Describing the police's decision to put a stop to the party as disappointing, Mr Tetmichalis said he planned to make a formal complaint because the level of their response was 'unnecessary'.

He said: 'There was no need. The police came to the bar the following day and served me with a notice to remain closed between 11pm on New Year's Eve to 11pm on New Year's Day.

'That was official from the police. I don't know if they are going to proceed any further.'

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: 'Officers carried out a routine visit at a licensed premises on King Street, Glasgow around 11.30pm on Friday 31 December 21.

'No arrests were made in relation to covid guidelines.

'The 63 year old licence holder refused to provide officers with relevant licence documentation, or assist with any other requests and was charged in relation to this and obstructing police officers.

'This resulted in people being asked to leave the property.

'A 60-year-old man and a 64-year-old woman were arrested for physically assaulting and being verbally abusive to police officers, and licensing offences.

'No complaints have been received so far regarding officers conduct, if any member of the public wishes to make a complaint against an officer they can call 101 or complete a form on our website.

'Enquiries into the incident remain ongoing.'