Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Me and my other half seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to Covid. She's particularly para at the moment as quite a few friends / family have tested positive over the past couple of weeks.

I've had cold like symptoms since Friday which I'm putting down to, ehhhh, a cold but she seems determined that it's Covid (despite umpteen negative LFTs). It could be a complete coincidence as I had my booster on Thursday but I'm not sure if it can be in any way related.

Anyway, I've made it quite clear that unless an LFT comes back positive I won't be going for a PCR and will continue going about my business as normal. It's a bank holiday weekend and by the time I need to do anything / go anywhere again I'm fairly sure this will have cleared out.

Apparently saying to her that other viruses still exist despite the presence of Covid makes me a "patronising arsehole".

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Further up that thread, after being called out as demanding Plan B was introduced and having that successfully implemented, Pagel claiming that iSAGE were only talking about Delta with that and it would’ve worked if Omicron hadn’t happened. They really are utterly shameless in their refusal to admit they were wrong… again.

Yep. The moving goalposts once more. Standard tactics from the definitely-not-a-political-group group of "rebel scientists".

I did enjoy the telt being dished out about the vaccine passports as well.  

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats quite telling actually.

Implementation of measures = controlling the virus in his mind. No checking of the numbers or trends. No comparisons drawn. Just, they did something therefore it must be working.

There is absolutely no review cycle or tough questions happening re the efficacy of measures that I can see in this country or anywhere else. These people getting a hold of "lockdown this" or "restrict that" is going to be an ongoing disaster as they continue to treat it like a naughty step for the population of entire countries.

This is the issue. I picked that particular comment out not just because it's bollocks, but because the man that made it is oblivious to how wrong he actually is.  

Some token measures like limiting/closing nightclubs and restricting football crowds to joke levels have actually fooled some people into thinking effective measures are taken to "control" the virus. We'll just ignore that Wales and NI are higher than England currently because this does not suit the agenda. 

14 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

You've just sentenced yourself to a lifetime of Amazon deliveries in your neighbour's bins. My commiserations emoji23.png

We ended up with three sofas due to Hermes being incompetent buffoons. 

Just tested positive this morning. Not overly surprised, had been at Watford on the 28th and Crystal Palace yesterday. I had done tests on the 28th, 30th, 31st and yesterday and all were negative but I woke up this morning about 1 feeling absolutely rotten. Really hot and felt sick.

Due to be back to work on Tuesday, but will be wfh till I'm negative.

Anecdotal I realise but covid currently ripping through my mates. Out of a group of 20, there are about 15 with it (doesn’t include their partners who are also mostly positive). No-one in hospital so no dramas. Just the ten day isolation which is a pain in the arse.

Ironically, because they all have it at the same time, they were able to have a big new years party together whilst I stayed in to avoid them.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Anecdotal I realise but covid currently ripping through my mates. Out of a group of 20, there are about 15 with it (doesn’t include their partners who are also mostly positive). No-one in hospital so no dramas. Just the ten day isolation which is a pain in the arse.

Ironically, because they all have it at the same time, they were able to have a big new years party together whilst I stayed in to avoid them.

It's the way forward for clubs. pubs and restaurants. You get tested at the door and if you are positive you go downstairs to the Covid section, if you are negative you go upstairs to the virus free section. Everybody happy.

On what basis?

Gibbering shite wasn't a criminal offence the last time I checked.

Elixir is the thread's equivalent of a shock jock, just constantly calling everything "vile" and "evil" and so on or calling for folk to be sacked or put in prison. Absolutely zero substance. Essentially the carbon copy of Bob Mahelp on the other side of the argument.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Elixir is the thread's equivalent of a shock jock, just constantly calling everything "vile" and "evil" and so on or calling for folk to be sacked or put in prison. Absolutely zero substance. Essentially the carbon copy of Bob Mahelp on the other side of the argument.

Frantically crossing out all of my new year's resolutions and replacing them with "become the Howard Stern of Pie and Bovril"

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What a surprise it was a black women getting man handled when brave Police Scotland officers raided a restaurant for the crime of dancing. 

Utter scum.

I’m as against lockdown measures as anyone, but I’m not convinced that’s the whole story.

I've made a bit of a boo boo with the day 2 travel PCR test. We thought it was a good idea to come back on the 31st December. However, I forgot that everything was shut this time of year including Royal Mail. I'm about to do my day 2 PCR test but it won't reach the lab until Thursday now. So I'll be working from home from Wednesday and the kids will be at home as well. I've properly fucked that up. Meaning we'll be self isolating for at least 7 days. 

All self inflicted I know but it's still galling!

f**k sake I hate covid.

What a surprise it was a black women getting man handled when brave Police Scotland officers raided a restaurant for the crime of dancing. 
Utter scum.
Context is everything. I very much doubt she had been singled out based on the colour of her skin. We have zero idea what happened to trigger this reaction going by that clip so playing the race card seems pretty odd.

ETA listen to the audio. No one stepping in or complaining in fact quite the opposite a few laughing and some cheering. They whole clientele as well as all the police are obviously racists !!!

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Utter scum.

Do we know anything about what took place before the footage started rolling?

I'm largely against lockdowns/restrictions, but think UNN are scraping the barrel here.

1 minute ago, Scott Steiner said:

Do we know anything about what took place before the footage started rolling?

I'm largely against lockdowns/restrictions, but think UNN are scraping the barrel here.

People were dancing in a restaurant on Hogmanay. 

6 meat wagons raided it. 

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I've made a bit of a boo boo with the day 2 travel PCR test. We thought it was a good idea to come back on the 31st December. However, I forgot that everything was shut this time of year including Royal Mail. I'm about to do my day 2 PCR test but it won't reach the lab until Thursday now. So I'll be working from home from Wednesday and the kids will be at home as well. I've properly fucked that up. Meaning we'll be self isolating for at least 7 days. 

All self inflicted I know but it's still galling!

f**k sake I hate covid.

Could you use a courier instead? Doesn't cost much.

56 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

On what basis?

Gibbering shite wasn't a criminal offence the last time I checked.

Just as well, P&B would be devoid of posters and I'd be one of the producers of the Saughton revival of "Prisoners of Love"