Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

The SG are stuck in a rut with their we care more than westminister attitude and are now on the opposite side of public opinion in Scotland I think,

wonder how the populists will navigate it from here 

Something something long Covid something something might mutate something something NHS

58 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Will there be a briefing tomorrow?

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wednesday I think.

From my MSP:

"I think we may be getting a further statement this Wednesday but I am not completely sure.  Probably any major changes would be announced on Tuesday 11th once Parliament is back"

FYI attached what I briefly intend to discuss him. 

Zoom Call.docx

I know a couple of people who have the so-called long covid

What it means in practice is that some people feel a bit tired for a few weeks after testing positive or take a couple of months to get their taste and smell back.

Absolute nonsense to suggest that this justifies restrictions on the population. 

Managed to get a cold over Christmas, no big deal. Some people are utterly hysteric over a wee sniffle as if it's aids.

It was probably Covid. That's how pathetic this new strain is. Not that the SG want you to believe that.

We no longer have a slight divergence  between ScotGov and WM. It's a chasm. The media are starting to turn from "Give us more restrictions" to "get back to normal"

Not a chance Scotland has restrictions until April whilst England does absolutely nothing.

Something has to give.

The challenge for the SG is how to save face and try to retain a sliver of credibility.

20220103_154102.jpg

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

What it means in practice is that some people feel a bit tired for a few weeks after testing positive or take a couple of months to get their taste and smell back.

Absolute nonsense to suggest that this justifies restrictions on the population. 

It’s post viral fatigue . It can happen if you get a bad dose of the flu that floors you . I am not comparing it to the flu , just saying that the reality of some folk taking longer to recover from viral infections has been around as long as viral infections . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

10 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

From my MSP:

"I think we may be getting a further statement this Wednesday but I am not completely sure.  Probably any major changes would be announced on Tuesday 11th once Parliament is back"

Not addressing anything this week (with particular emphasis on their findings from "interrogating the data") would only cement the belief that they are deliberately withholding the detail that does not support their actions.

Putting the boot into football, events, and the hospitality sector over their most profitable period of the year, failing to come up with the promised support package in a timely manner, then essentially running away from the matter is completely unacceptable.

They would react with complete indignation if WM behaved like this.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah if only the people running the NHS would listen to some no marks on a football website.

Except the NHS are having these very discussions right now, old man.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Scottish numbers: 3 January 2022

Summary
20,217 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
65,860 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
34.9% of these were positive
38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
1,031 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,383,212 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,017,051 have received their second dose, and 2,992,583 have received a third dose or booster

I assume this covers the last 3 days?

Bit of a jump again in hospitalisations but still no breakdown.

I'd be very confident in saying ~40% of those hospitalisations are incidental, given what we know. As has also been stated, ICU numbers are still remarkably stable given the explosion of 'cases'.

This is truly descending into an utter farce. Get these restrictions turfed into the bin once the 'three weeks' are up (I'd do it now) and get all remaining nonsense theatre in the bin by Easter.

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Screenshot_20220102-220207_Twitter.thumb.jpg.698bebc66b9868edaecdfc81736724ac.jpg

Clownshoes is feeling the heat of public opinion turning on him.

The public health official going all ranting single maw on Facebook like behaviour because people are quite rightly questioning his words and the effect it could have on their day to day life for a further 3 months . 

get this incompetent waste of space to f**k and back to dishing out fillings 

Edited by Forever_blueco

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The public health official going all ranting single maw on Facebook like behaviour because people are quite rightly questioning his words and the effect it could have on their day to day life for a further 3 months . 

get this incompetent waste of space to f**k and back to dishing out fillings 

I'ts really only missing a "No namin names hen jist 2 many 🐍 aboot these days. From now on putting me first. DM me x x x x"

25 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I don't consider myself to have long covid, but to suggest that it's "feeling a bit tired" is a bit of an over simplification.

My resting heart rate is still significantly higher than it was pre-covid, some months after having it. 

I can't do the level of excercise I am used to. In fact, I was happy to do a 40mile loop on the bike today as that's the longest I've managed since, when pre-virus a bike ride would normally be 70-90 miles. 

Given how differently the virus plays out in people, it's not a stretch to think that the lasting effects will to. Certainly for some, it goes beyond "a bit tired for a few weeks". 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'ts really only missing a "No namin names hen jist 2 many 🐍 aboot these days. From now on putting me first. DM me x x x x"

It’s embarrassing 😂

at least Whitty and his counterparts down south have maintained a degree of professionalism throughout their whole time as being the face of the public health response and tried to maintain that image throughout . 

this freeloader has used it as almost like a PR tour appearing on the off the ball like “one of the troops” , his nauseating adverts and spouting nothing but nonsense throughout that he has regularly had to back track on.  

5 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

I don't consider myself to have long covid, but to suggest that it's "feeling a bit tired" is a bit of an over simplification.

My resting heart rate is still significantly higher than it was pre-covid, some months after having it. 

I can't do the level of excercise I am used to. In fact, I was happy to do a 40mile loop on the bike today as that's the longest I've managed since, when pre-virus a bike ride would normally be 70-90 miles. 

Given how differently the virus plays out in people, it's not a stretch to think that the lasting effects will to. Certainly for some, it goes beyond "a bit tired for a few weeks". 

I had Covid in 2020 and it took me about 2 months to feel better, constantly tired with no sense of smell, I now have a very strange sense of smell with a lot of things smelling "sour" if I can phrase it that way, otherwise I'm absolutely fit and well with no tiredness . Of course my age may be hindering my sense of smell returning that or I've smelled to may funky things over the years 🤣

Just now, Granny Danger said:

As a matter of interest, would the posters on here who want to bin most/all of the restrictions be in favour of strict enforcement of the vaccine passport in a number of venues/settings?

Why would anyone when it is clear from everywhere they have been implemented that they're fucking pointless. Remember they were meant to keep the football and nightclubs open up here?