Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've done nothing BUT offer my opinions on everything covid related on this thread. You must be confusing me for someone else in your dotage ya daft auld bugger. [emoji1787]
My advice to you is to stop the sanctimonious sneering and looking down on others who don't share your view.
You are no better than the worst of the Tories you seem to have spent your life in a frothing fury over.
You are literally no different from Rees Mogg in that regard.
Of course you won't see it that way.
Eh, no. Because I'm fucking sane.

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Spotted this just now in the National where if you remember the thread's angriest poster who recently stepped up to being the most angriest poster on P&B quoted from blogger Guido Fawkes who 'fact checked' a statement made by SNP's  Stewart Hosie over who had the least COVID between England and Scotland was in turn 'fact checked'.

Triggered by the use of the term 'fact check' on the blog an actual fact checker fullfact.org stepped in and 'fact checked' Guido Fawkes and the result is a tiny wee bit embarrassing for everyone's favourite cuddly right wing blogger.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19833283.guido-fawkes-snp-fact-check-gets-fact-checked---found-wrong/?ref=ar

So does anyone more qualified than the above mentioned want to 'fact check' The National or fullfact.org?

By all means have a go at debunking the SNP's bullshit but please back up your 'facts' with valid evidence rather than what you want it to be.

This is why we dearly need quality impartial journalism (I'm not meaning The National before anyone pipes up) rather than paying any attention to politically biased bloggers who might be correct once every six months or so and seem more interested in scoring points than actual facts.

I know what you mean and I agree around impartial journalism, it’s a shame that here we need to wade through so much triumphalist, point scoring bullshit in the National article before we find out about the nuts and bolts of the debate around the COVID data.

Edited by anotherchance

12,602 new cases of COVID-19 reported*

57,907 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*

25.1% of these were positive

26 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

48 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

1,362 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,390,076 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,041,550 have received their second dose, and 3,082,231 have received a third dose or booster.

When the extent of that claim is "being a better human being than a Tory", it's not even a claim. It's just being a decent person.
Still, that's setting the bar too high for some.
This isnt really meant as a dig, but not every single interaction in life needs to be framed against your hate for tories.

We get it. You've said lots of times. As have the right thinking among us, but almost everyone who has railed against the SNP has also been pretty successful in dismantling the "ye must be a tory" bullshit that has infected the minds of many.

There arent really many tories on here. Stop howling at the clouds.

This isnt really meant as a dig, but not every single interaction in life needs to be framed against your hate for tories.

We get it. You've said lots of times. As have the right thinking among us, but almost everyone who has railed against the SNP has also been pretty successful in dismantling the "ye must be a tory" bullshit that has infected the minds of many.

There arent really many tories on here. Stop howling at the clouds.
That was a direct reference to Oaky's wee dig. There's plenty of cűnts who vote SNP, Labour and otherwise. There's even one leading the Labour party, and a couple of others on the front bench.
Supporting the conservative party, however, is akin to following one of the so-called old firm - by voting for them, supporters are condoning separatism, bigotry, racism and discrimination.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

The demand for medical treatment is also increasing significantly though because the boomer generation are all now falling apart with chronic ill-health. 

A typically spiteful and prejudice ridden analysis.

Sneering, some might say.

My girlfriend's brother is a police officer and just came out of isolation with covid on Wednesday. Got told by his boss today he's to isolate for another 10 days because he was a close contact on a call on Friday. Has 2 jags but had to reschedule his booster because he was infected during the date of his appointment and isn't considered fully vaccinated 🤣

Keeping people safe.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Most of the posters on here are not too far away from those views.

So why the f**k are you sneering at, deriding and trolling people who largely share reasonably similar views to you? 🤣

Seriously. Is it boredom with you?

You'd start a fight in an empty house FFS.

Because it's not these aspects I take issue with.

The things that bug me are the hypocrisy, the demonising of particular groups and the promotion of individualism.

I'm perfectly at ease with the idea of a big state, even a nanny one.  That places me at odds with much of what gets posted here.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I saw the original thread a few times in the week, the extent some people seem to want things to be as bad as possible is mad.

Lo and behold, the Queen of Doom herself, our old pal Deepti, went in big on this one.

She ignored the study on long covid you posted on here yesterday, almost certainly because it doesn't fit her narrative. 

Edited by Michael W