Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

And yet still oversaw the delivery of the 3rd fastest booster role out in the world.

At least base your criticism in some form of reality :lol:

You can say similar things about Matt Hancock and the vaccine rollout. 

The man was still fucking useless. 

Humza in the media saying the case rates are now following the worst case from their models?

Forgive me if im wrong, but thays just not true is it?

And tbh, if it is, and thats important in any way, why did Scotgov not only allow thr most social part of the year to go ahead, but close off various avenues that only drove more folk into more time mixing in private households?

Someone posted the graph earlier I’m sure and it is in the wide range of their worst case scenario but it’s probably in the lower half of this range and also I believe the model was only up until late December so we’re about 2 weeks further on than it and the levelling off has begun.

Hospital rates are way below, deaths and ICU more so.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

And yet still oversaw the delivery of the 3rd fastest booster role out in the world.

At least base your criticism in some form of reality :lol:

He only became Health minister in May and I'd assume that most of the groundwork had already been put in place prior to that.

No doubt he'll take any plaudits going though.

ps. Never trust anyone who changes his team. Noticed on wikipedia when I was looking him up.

When being sworn in, he took his oath in English then Urdu reflecting his Scottish-Pakistani identity;[13] he was dressed in a traditional sherwani decorated with a Partick Thistle tartan touch and a plaid draped over his shoulder

Dodgy b*****d. 😉

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Right from the start I maintained that face mask wearing was just a means of governmental control to keep the proletariat in their place.

No place for them in a properly functioning, humanitarian society.

This is pretty fucking good coming from the biggest Tory boomer on P&B.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Right from the start I maintained that face mask wearing was just a means of governmental control to keep the proletariat in their place.

No place for them in a properly functioning, humanitarian society.

imagine thinking that strapping muzzles on yersel and yer kids for hours a day is a good idea because the man on TV said so

when push comes to shove 95% of people are easily manipulated servile idiots

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

What's the definition of low and high occupancy?

Just wondering if I'm going to get Covid from the gym.  

It's worth it to be swole. 

Just back in from chest, shoulders, triceps. Not only am I feeling pumped but I'm considerably less anxious about the imminent dystopia. 

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That would require you giving an opinion on anything other than this thread being to your taste, so certainly not from you. 

And yet, I told you where I stood on this matter quite explicitly when you asked for what I thought, just last week.  Indeed, I listed what I thought on the wider debate and you welcomed it.

Surely, you don't need to post stupid misrepresentations on here do you?  I hadn't seen that as your style at all.

9 minutes ago, Glennie said:

imagine thinking that strapping muzzles on yersel and yer kids for hours a day is a good idea because the man on TV said so

when push comes to shove 95% of people are easily manipulated servile idiots

We had a mother call the school to complain * that one of the boys in her son's class was wearing a reusable mask which has a pocket for a filter but he had no filter in it. Her boy must have told her this. When the school manager went to class to check she found that sure enough the lad in question didn't have a filter. However, when she went to the other classes to check masks she found the other son of the mother who called, who is in a younger class had no filter in his either!

The worst part of it all for me is the scaremongering that has driven young people (especially early teenage girls) to literally hide behind Ffp2 masks. It's getting to the point where the mental health impact will be irreversible.

*Just to say, it's a private school so the parents have to be humoured.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Humza in the media saying the case rates are now following the worst case from their models?

Forgive me if im wrong, but thays just not true is it?

Humza lies with the confidence of an 8 year old who is incapable of imagining any consequences. 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

It is, my friend tested positive at start of week and has to isolate ten days.

I checked the scotgov website there and it says any new cases from 6th January. Absolutely ludicrous logic. I tested positive pre 6th January and cannot see any logical reason why I have to isolate for 4 days longer. That will be getting fired straight in the bin. 

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I think that’s exactly his point. SG came up with the 500 fans idea, no one likes it, they’ll drop it and move on. Unprincipled populism. 

That's not his point at all.

Long time lurker said:
"Ultimately the SNP have always been populists as well as nationalists. If the public mood has finally shifted towards rationality rather than visceral level panic they will coast whichever wave they think will take them to independence and the usual suspects on here will change their tune overnight to fall into line with it."      in response to the idea that capacity crowds will soon return to football here.

The last bit of his post surely implies that his "usual suspects" backed the rule allowing only 500 fans, but will now go along with the change.  

As is so often the case on this thread, it's a load of rubbish.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

FIXsn8YWUAcCY9Y?format=jpg&name=large

Daily Mail being classy as ever

I wonder if they’ll do Mail Online reporters next.  Honestly, what a way to make a living.  Emily Craig and Martin Robinson must have no conscience whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The worst part of it all for me is the scaremongering that has driven young people (especially early teenage girls) to literally hide behind Ffp2 masks. Gettign to the point where the mental health impact will be irreversible.

hopefully the net impact is a  generation of kids more switched on to big state lunacy, see my post earlier

loads of kids are fucked though aye