Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Given James Corden is about 40 stone and feeling 'completely fine', how much more evidence do we need that this bug is now absolutely shan?

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Given James Corden is about 40 stone and feeling 'completely fine', how much more evidence do we need that this bug is now absolutely shan?

Usually agree with you, but Corden has worked hard to shed a lot of that weight. He's now only 38 stone. 

Woke up Monday with symptoms, took LFT, negative. Pal who I was out with the night before had the same issue and tested positive. Now another 3 have fallen with it, and here I am, 5 days on still negative.

I am a god of immunity.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Shes in America, probably can't afford to be sick.

If she's an actual 'MD' as claimed then she can absolutely afford to be sick. She's just permanently broken by a shan cold. 

Sad!

Edited by vikingTON

Maybe it's just coincidence but there seems to be an increase in the amount of, err, over cautious people about since Omicron appeared.

There was a guy in the gym this morning who would wear his mask to walk between pieces of equipment but then take it off when he got there which seems pretty pointless. He also seemed to be cleaning equipment with a bottle of hand sanitiser rather than using the spray bottles of disinfectant which are spread throughout the gym.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

If she's an actual 'MD' as claimed then she can absolutely afford to be sick. She's just permanently broken by a shan cold. 

Sad!

Anyone displaying their professional qualifications on their Twitter account (or indeed anything other than their CV) is worth keeping an eye on.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Anyone displaying their professional qualifications on their Twitter account (or indeed anything other than their CV) is worth keeping an eye on.

Completely agree.

Regards,

Prof. 101 bsc, blue Peter badge holder.

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Similar to England, possibly even a higher % 'with COVID' rather than 'because of'

Interesting. That's possibly a wee bit higher than I thought it would be (I had it closer to 66/33) - although I'm guessing the 'with' section will be rising day on day.

So we're looking at 507(ish) people being treated because of Covid as we head towards the second week in January nationwide. Wonder how that compares to this stage in a normal year with other respiratory conditions. 

34 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Similar to England, possibly even a higher % 'with COVID' rather than 'because of'

I can’t believe they’ve delayed this so long and don’t even have the figures from every health board. 

Amateur in the extreme, but tbh what more did I really expect?!

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Nail. Head. Hit.

In fairness in the criminal justice sector, fire services etc staff are fucking knocking their pan in just now, got perfectly heathy staff who want to be at work but cant. Dont know a single person with ‘long covid’ aye theres been some hit hard by delta and earlier infections but dont know a single person who’s taken a day more than they needed on the sick. Full sick pay is fair enough in these sectors given a lot of the infection/sickness/injury is at the workplace. Genuinely believe everyone should be entitled to decent levels of sick pay. Indeed as we move into a world post pandemic it may reduce infections in workplaces if people dont do that whole ‘soldier on’ thing when they are ill and come in and infect their colleagues. 

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Relentless in Wales !

BBC News - Covid in Wales: Those calling for restriction ease are 'wrong' - FM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59895505

Nae baws, nae clue, nae chin.