Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm sure most people test(ed) at least annually for HIV, maybe more regularly for other sexually transmitted diseases, but now it's "political" to test for Covid.

What?

The STD nurses generally don't recommend an HIV test unless you have been up to high risk stuff. There is no way "most people" or even most single people get an annual sexual health check up based on how few clinics there are.

38 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s wrong with Fox News?

It takes a position which everyone knows about just like CNN or MSNBC on the other side.

For a balanced perspective you should watch contributors from both sides.

Tucker is excellent, in my opinion.

You cant be serious? Fox news is complete bat shit mental nonsense. They are not a boot in the baws away from Alex Jones. 

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

None of this is actually about “keeping people safe” though, so fairly irrelevant to the point you made?

I think the people that implemented them would say it was about protecting public health.

As I said, all to a degree of success.

I don't buy that any of the Covid laws were about controling the population or stuff like that, I think it came from either shitting it that the health services would collapse or lots of folk would die.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What?

The STD nurses generally don't recommend an HIV test unless you have been up to high risk stuff. There is no way "most people" or even most single people get an annual sexual health check up based on how few clinics there are.

Wee bit off topic but its free to do why wouldn't you do it if you sleep around a bit not always with condoms.

THT published this week that HIV infections in straight people have for the first time over taken homosexual and bisexual people.

If you scale back the number of single people to those that are sexually active and doing more risky stuff without protection then maybe there are enough clinics. 

Most young people know their HIV status or that's my experience anyway.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Wee bit off topic but its free to do why wouldn't you do it if you sleep around a bit not always with condoms.

THT published this week that HIV infections in straight people have for the first time over taken homosexual and bisexual people.

If you scale back the number of single people to those that are sexually active and doing more risky stuff without protection then maybe there are enough clinics. 

There is a 2-3 month lag between contracting HIV and returning a positive test so a negative test doesn't guarantee anything.

I would bet a fair amount of new cases in the UK are people from high risk countries.

Just now, Detournement said:

There is a 2-3 month lag between contracting HIV and returning a positive test so a negative test doesn't guarantee anything.

I would bet a fair amount of new cases in the UK are people from high risk countries.

Yeh regular testing on the other hand or setting reminders to get tested every 3 months, should combat it.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/8420080/nicola-sturgeon-sister-online-psychic-medium-readings/

A psychic that didn't see and warn her sister about the pandemic coming, couldn't see how shan omicron was, and still can't help her see it's over.

Seems legit

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Yeh regular testing on the other hand or setting reminders to get tested every 3 months, should combat it.

Are you out of your mind?

Of course if we regularly test everyone for everything it would combat things, but it's not exactly practical is it?

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

I find this hard to believe tbh, but will admit I don't go around asking young people about their HIV status so will accept the view of someone who does.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/8420080/nicola-sturgeon-sister-online-psychic-medium-readings/

A psychic that didn't see and warn her sister about the pandemic coming, couldn't see how shan omicron was, and still can't help her see it's over.

Seems legit

I don’t think you’re trying to do this tbf, (but the sun clearly are), but you can’t blame Nicola for having a mental family member, bit of a shame really tbh.

Are you out of your mind?

I'm not no.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I find this hard to believe tbh, but will admit I don't go around asking young people about their HIV status so will accept the view of someone who does.

Fucked it with the quote. Fairly common to ask before you have sex or in more general chat with your pals :lol:

Of course if we regularly test everyone for everything it would combat things, but it's not exactly practical is it?

Depends if you are doing things that have a high risk of contracting said illness.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t think you’re trying to do this tbf, (but the sun clearly are), but you can’t blame Nicola for having a mental family member, bit of a shame really tbh.

I thought it was pretty clear I was ripping the piss out of the sister here!

Hardly a glowing endorsement of her psychic abilities.

There is a classic "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" going on here with some of these protestors.

What your enemy’s enemy really is, a false friend. At the very best, your enemy’s enemy is a temporary ally — nothing more.

My own experience of the far right is that they hijack what can seem a worthy cause but with their own insidious twist on the narrative.

We've seen it before with issues as diverse as animal rights or the treatment of the Palestinians. The reality is that these b*****ds don't give a f**k about the cause they espouse, just using it as a means to further their racist agenda.

That's not to say that such tactics are the sole preserve of the far right - there's a long history of Anarchist/Trotskyite front organisations tagging along to particular causes to further their agenda.

Personally, I'd be careful who was I dealing with before getting involved.

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm not no.

Fucked it with the quote. Fairly common to ask before you have sex or in more general chat with your pals :lol:

Depends if you are doing things that have a high risk of contracting said illness.

It is absolutely not fairly common to fire out with “do you have HIV?” in either casual conversation with your pals or when you’re about to get fired into someone. That would be an incredibly strange thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I thought it was pretty clear I was ripping the piss out of the sister here!

Hardly a glowing endorsement of her psychic abilities.

As I said I knew you weren’t, but it absolutely is what the article is trying to do. It’s linking her to Nicola in an attempt to discredit her, which is naturally incredibly unfair.

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You cant be serious? Fox news is complete bat shit mental nonsense. They are not a boot in the baws away from Alex Jones. 

Have you ever watched MSNBC?

Dont know if she’s still on but Rachel Maddow got me going nuts. On the other hand, Brian Williams was fairly mainstream. 
That’s what I like about US networks. You get the full spectrum.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It is absolutely not fairly common to fire out with “do you have HIV?” in either casual conversation with your pals or when you’re about to get fired into someone. That would be an incredibly strange thing to do.

As I said I knew you weren’t, but it absolutely is what the article is trying to do. It’s linking her to Nicola in an attempt to discredit her, which is naturally incredibly unfair.

Totally dislike NS but it’s wrong to associate her with her sister in any way.

We all have relatives who we cants stand,