Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Also from the same article, if this is remotely accurate then that number has dropped considerably from recent months.

Meanwhile, University of Edinburgh public health expert Prof Linda Bauld said opinion surveys suggest about a quarter of people are still worried about the immediate threat from the virus

Quite promising imo that Bauld also said “"I think you can't keep things in place indefinitely when the situation is stabilising."

Sounds good for masks being binned.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

There's Norway undoing all that hard work of the past two years. Are they not the number one inspiration for an independent Scotland?

You don't even need a negative covid test to enter Norway, let alone proof of vaccination. Full pre-pandemic normality.

What are we doing in Scotland, exactly?

Also from the same article, if this is remotely accurate then that number has dropped considerably from recent months.
Meanwhile, University of Edinburgh public health expert Prof Linda Bauld said opinion surveys suggest about a quarter of people are still worried about the immediate threat from the virus
A quarter of people being worried about the virus is not carte blanche to retain restrictions that affect 100% of the people though. Instead it should be a trigger for people like Bauld to educate that 25% on the science that says covid is actually nothing like the threat they perceive.

Anything else is..... Yep, you guessed it, science denial.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A quarter of people being worried about the virus is not carte blanche to retain restrictions that affect 100% of the people though. Instead it should be a trigger for people like Bauld to educate that 25% on the science that says covid is actually nothing like the threat they perceive.

Anything else is..... Yep, you guessed it, science denial.

A small percentage of the population being at risk from Covid shouldn’t have ever really been a reason for shutting us all down (at least the second time when we understood more), but here we are…

10 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

A small percentage of the population being at risk from Covid shouldn’t have ever really been a reason for shutting us all down (at least the second time when we understood more), but here we are…

It's just not fair that everyone isn't equal, remember.

You know what its like. Down the pub with the boys having a few pints before the game, I'm always asking everyone their hiv status and when/how often they get tested.

Likewise if you pull. I find nothing gets the ladies more up for it than asking if they have hiv and when they last got tested. Really sets the mood I find.

Wired to the moon this yin.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

You know what its like. Down the pub with the boys having a few pints before the game, I'm always asking everyone their hiv status and when/how often they get tested.

Likewise if you pull. I find nothing gets the ladies more up for it than asking if they have hiv and when they last got tested. Really sets the mood I find.

Wired to the moon this yin.

The poor lad gets weirder with every post. 

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who remembers the comedian who posted a thread about how selfish everyone was and how terrible they were?

Saw that as well. There will be plenty like that. Absolute worst c**ts.

Fuckk off Humza seems to be a reasonable assessment.

Self Isolation to continue as someone might be working in a care home.  That's his argument.  But he's not a public health expert.

Man is a waste of TV time.  Bring back Auntie Jean

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Fuckk off Humza seems to be a reasonable assessment.

Self Isolation to continue as someone might be working in a care home.  That's his argument.  But he's not a public health expert.

Man is a waste of TV time.  Bring back Auntie Jean

Just watched that interview.

Where do we get those buffoons from?

Just now, welshbairn said:

Only caught a snippet where he said it might not be wise for someone who tested positive to visit a care home.

The obsessive hypochondriacs won't have any idea they have it once the UK Government sever the funding for testing. Shame, that.

26 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What did he say? 

26 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What did he say? 

Basically, waffle.

We must follow the science and the WHO.

He completely fails to recognise that this is a political decision and it is for people like him to weigh up the pros and cons of allowing people their democratic  freedom.

Just following the science is only ever going to result in continued restrictions.

I know I’m biased but - give me strength!