Coronavirus (COVID-19)

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You cant be serious? Fox news is complete bat shit mental nonsense. They are not a boot in the baws away from Alex Jones. 

Have you ever watched MSNBC?

Dont know if she’s still on but Rachel Maddow got me going nuts. On the other hand, Brian Williams was fairly mainstream. 
That’s what I like about US networks. You get the full spectrum.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It is absolutely not fairly common to fire out with “do you have HIV?” in either casual conversation with your pals or when you’re about to get fired into someone. That would be an incredibly strange thing to do.

As I said I knew you weren’t, but it absolutely is what the article is trying to do. It’s linking her to Nicola in an attempt to discredit her, which is naturally incredibly unfair.

Totally dislike NS but it’s wrong to associate her with her sister in any way.

We all have relatives who we cants stand,

As I said I knew you weren’t, but it absolutely is what the article is trying to do. It’s linking her to Nicola in an attempt to discredit her, which is naturally incredibly unfair.
It's the Americanisation of our political system.

It's increasingly happening - just look how Corbyn's brother or Johnson's father were used to attack them.

It's compiete utter fucking nonsense.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Masks in the right settings work incredibly well, indeed pretty much anything that has been designed medically is going to provide a decent level of protection when worn correctly.

Vaccine status drives uptake and internationally it works to allow tourism when vaccine inequality is still high.

Covid status allows people who don't want to be vaccinated or are unable to be vaccinated to access places when a status check is required. It in fact does so more safely than simply being vaccinated.

However in Scotland with high levels of vaccination proof of vaccination domestically isn't that important however if other countries want it then it ensures our tourism market stays open.

Yup, I'm sure this needless and coercive approach to 'public health' which goes against decades of medical ethics won't fuel a new generation of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists and affect uptake of vital childhood vaccinations like MMR and HPV, when indeed there are already signs of acceleration of this happening over the past 12 months. No sir! But hey, at least it apparently squeezed out another half a percentage point of uptake in people who don't really need it anyway!

Btw, this is why nod along dogs like you are the bona fide worst c**ts.

Also:

Masks in the right settings work incredibly well

Citation needed.

Covid status allows people who don't want to be vaccinated or are unable to be vaccinated to access places when a status check is required. It in fact does so more safely than simply being vaccinated.

Do you know what else 'allows' this? Not bothering in the first place, unsurprisingly.

Edited by Elixir

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There is a classic "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" going on here with some of these protestors.

What your enemy’s enemy really is, a false friend. At the very best, your enemy’s enemy is a temporary ally — nothing more.

My own experience of the far right is that they hijack what can seem a worthy cause but with their own insidious twist on the narrative.

We've seen it before with issues as diverse as animal rights or the treatment of the Palestinians. The reality is that these b*****ds don't give a f**k about the cause they espouse, just using it as a means to further their racist agenda.

That's not say that such tactics are the sole preserve of the far right - there's a long history of Anarchist/Trotskyite front organisations tagging along to particular causes to further their agenda.

Personally, I'd be careful who was I dealing with before getting involved.

Aye, first they sell you the idea of Trump as a working class hero, then that climate change is a con, vaccinations are deadly, white people are being replaced by Muslims, Jews and paedophiles run everything and Covid is either spread by 5g or it's a illusion to make you Bill Gates's slave.

Covid in Scotland: Removing self isolation would be 'step too far': https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60359600

Will we get an apology or acknowledgement from this 'expert' that she was wrong when scrapping the need to self-isolate makes no material change to the situation? Just as cases in England continue to bomb after the binning of the coveted 'Plan B'. We don't self-isolate with influenza, and 'The Science' rather plainly shows this is the ballpark we're now at.

Again, it has been *two years*.

Removing the coronavirus self-isolation rules now would be a "step too far" and would risk undoing progress in tackling the virus, an expert has warned.

Jillian Evans, head of health intelligence at NHS Grampian, urged a slow and cautious move out of the existing restrictions.

Is that why the nation with one of the best responses anywhere, Denmark, are always among the first to jettison everything very quickly?

She said: "Advice from the scientific community and the WHO (World Health Organization) is when you're coming out of a peak or a spike, you do so slowly and you do so cautiously.

"I would argue at this point in time, certainly the potential of removal of self-isolation would be a step too far."

Ms Evans added: "The worst thing that could happen is that we remove things too quickly and we end up undoing a lot of the good that we've done and worked so hard for."

No, it *really* is over here.

The public health expert said: "Try not to be so caught up by some of the hope and optimism that we have that this is all over, because it certainly isn't yet. Not yet."

Followed by more utterly ludicrous babbling by the zero credibility SAGE.

Btw, I wonder if the Scottish Government have already had to rewrite their 'strategic framework', or if that will be happening next week, because even Taff Labour have announced that covid passes and masks will be going the bin.

The administration with no shame, that's for sure.

49 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Do you pay for it?

You can donate the cost back, it's £15.

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It is absolutely not fairly common to fire out with “do you have HIV?” in either casual conversation with your pals or when you’re about to get fired into someone. That would be an incredibly strange thing to do.

"When did you last get tested?" :lol:

This idea that we’re going to ‘undo the work of the last two years’ from experts I find genuinely baffling. 

How could that possibly happen? 

You might give it some air time if they were making reasonable predictions but the idea that we’d find ourselves back in March 2020 is just stupid. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You cant be serious? Fox news is complete bat shit mental nonsense. They are not a boot in the baws away from Alex Jones. 

You’re forgetting Dawson is a right wing bat shit mentalist. Fox suits him down to the ground. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This idea that we’re going to ‘undo the work of the last two years’ from experts I find genuinely baffling. 

You might give it some air time if they were making reasonable predictions but the idea that we’d find ourselves back in March 2020 is just stupid. 

I think they mean 'work' as in the mass behavioural pyschology which has changed many people's outlook on mixing with strangers rather than anything to do with the virus itself. 

Edited by Detournement

I'm beginning to see why this is the case. However assume the demographics of this forum most of you are in long term relationships.
Anyway it's HIV testing week!

I haven't actually read the story, but surely there are far more heterosexual people than there are LGBTQ+ people, so it wouldn't be a surprise to have more having something like HIV?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Have you ever watched MSNBC?

Dont know if she’s still on but Rachel Maddow got me going nuts. On the other hand, Brian Williams was fairly mainstream. 
That’s what I like about US networks. You get the full spectrum.

Maddow was the one seeing russians everywhere, like a McCarthy for the new millennium

Edited by BigDoddyKane

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

opinion surveys suggest about a quarter of people are still worried about the immediate threat from the virus

I'd be genuinely interested to see how many would still be worried about it if the media stopped constantly talking about it.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They think everyone winds up the back.