Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Starts late this year

Cheers, have flights booked for the Euros 2020 QF, might see if I can postpone them till then instead. Afraid my attempt at being a smartarse was an utter failure.:bag

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Can we all just put Party Politics to one side for a bit & just realise that we are lucky the Donald is not in charge of our Country.

Agree.

I'd like to think longer term that the tories will realise that their policies for years that have encouraged a look after yourself and f**k everyone else spirit don't serve us well in the grander scheme of things. They won't, but that's for further down the line.

When you look at the shambles the Trump administration is making of this, with regular disagreements and changes of message day to day, and you compare it to how all our political parties are trying to show a united front to get the right message across and tackle the issue, it's night and day.

Also letting the scientists and experts in the field drive decisions rather than politics and ego is a relief.

There's no winning here. It's a shite situation anyway you handle it, just got to minimise it's impact as much as possible, and folk just have to accept that.  

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Cheers, have flights booked for the Euros 2020 QF, might see if I can postpone them till then instead. Afraid my attempt at being a smartarse was an utter failure.:bag

Not utter. 5 days in October. Call it a draw.

Guest Moomintroll
Can't it be announced over the tannoy?
Every fifteen minutes, can't (they can though, Scousers are equally culpable) read, won't listen.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I posted that my sister-in-law’s partner died of cancer two months ago. She is alone, her partner was only buried weeks ago but my wife,  her only sister and close relative cannot visit her.

The government advice/instructions can't cover every single individual circumstances, we still need to use some common sense, and there are precautions that can be used to minimise the risk if somebody really needs some company.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

It does . Nae c**t listens to them.

Same when some car registration gets announced. They do shopping first and then come to customer service desk.
p***ks

Has anyone asked for NE14 ABJ to be moved yet?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The government advice/instructions can't cover every single individual circumstances, we still need to use some common sense, and there are precautions that can be used to minimise the risk if somebody really needs some company.

Have to say, that's not my understanding of the advice at all 

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:
He’s madder than a March hare, back to business by Easter my arse 

He really is a special kind of stupid.

It’s fascinating to watch him 🤣

Guest Moomintroll
Thanks for brightening up my first half hour tomorrow, fingers crossed for a wid.

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Have to say, that's not my understanding of the advice at all 

If I knew that someone close was seriously fucked up mentally or incapable of looking after themselves, I would use all the precautions and keep my distance, but still go round and see if I could help, so long as I was feeling well.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thanks for brightening up my first half hour tomorrow, fingers crossed for a wid.

There's a few videos about but this one with the knowing security guard in the background is my favourite:

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The famous septemberfest

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
22 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
He really is a special kind of stupid.

Not true. The absolute brain dead sheep that hang on his every word are the special kind of stupid.

Feel sorry for you Welshy when you have D.A.F.T.Y on your side.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Steady on old chap. I just want to visit my sister-in-law to say hello. You’ve taken that too far.....

Kenneth Williams will be along in a second. 😀

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If I knew that someone close was seriously fucked up mentally or incapable of looking after themselves, I would use all the precautions and keep my distance, but still go round and see if I could help, so long as I was feeling well.

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I suspect the government are completely ignoring the mental health consequences of their advice on the most vulnerable in society. And it will probably cause problems further on down the line. 

Physical well-being is always prioritised over mental well-being