Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well, in visiting this thread, you've definitely come to the right place then.

Let's hope for more top tips today on fighting the good fight.

We shall overcome.

What’s that monkey? Making a point about the content of the thread and not the actual issue at hand? You get very touchy when you’re accused of that so I hope that’s not what you’re up to.

You can point me to any post I’ve made where I’ve claimed to be fighting a good fight or any of the other funny stuff you refer to there. 

I made a simple point that I cannot understand the view that making it a crime not to wear a mask is ‘trivial’. If that’s a controversial view to you then each to their own I suppose. 

I mean, I’ve seen you make post after post after post arguing about the number of subs on a football teams bench. God forbid if anyone said what you were arguing was trivial. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

When you go petulant and have nothing to say I know it’s just a substitute for admitting you’re wrong. 

It’s ok, I’ve taken it in the spirit you intended. 

It's really not that.

I'd chosen to ignore the specifics of your post because it seemed the kinder thing to do.

After all, the 'too many subs' angle was pretty unsuccessful.  That parallel breaks down because although such an issue is admittedly trivial, I've yet to oppose the rules by devising any ingenious, biscuit based plans, which I then share with my cell of like minded bampots.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's really not that.

I'd chosen to ignore the specifics of your post because it seemed the kinder thing to do.

After all, the 'too many subs' angle was pretty unsuccessful.  That parallel breaks down because although such an issue is admittedly trivial, I've yet to oppose the rules by devising any ingenious, biscuit based plans, which I then share with my cell of like minded bampots.

Unfortunately you’re proving my point. 

I addressed a specific part of your post where you said mask rules were trivial. 

You then dragged it back to your little crusade against posters on here and their attitude towards masks and the ‘brave fight’ etc. 

Hence, as I’ve said from the start to you in this thread, you’re here in bad faith and don’t have a single worthwhile point to make. 

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately you’re proving my point. 

I addressed a specific part of your post where you said mask rules were trivial. 

You then dragged it back to your little crusade against posters on here and their attitude towards masks and the ‘brave fight’ etc. 

Hence, as I’ve said from the start to you in this thread, you’re here in bad faith and don’t have a single worthwhile point to make. 

Playing the poster(s), even if they aren’t involved in the discussion at that point at all, rather than the post is his MO. Just ignore the Borders Bumpkin and move on, no point in trying to converse when it’s in bad faith from minute one.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ah, you see.  That's where we differ.

I think making the point that this thread is home to lots of detached, self important wallopers is extremely worthwhile.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, you see.  That's where we differ.

I think making the point that this thread is home to lots of detached, self important wallopers is extremely worthwhile.

“I don’t like a few people on the internet” seems a great point worth making. 

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bloody Hell.  What absolute idiocy.

I'm not fighting any battle.  Masks are a minor irritation and it's good to be seeing the back of them.

However, I do reserve the right to laugh at posts suggesting the cruel rules on aircraft can be circumvented by the strategic purchase of a drink and the consumption of a carefully chosen biscuit by nibbles at strict 8 minute intervals. 

It's laughable that people offer advice on 'sticking it to the man' as WRK rightly puts it, when the thing being resisted is so trivial.

I think it's joke figures like yourself, who now need to do the moving on.  Everyone else is simply happily adjusting.

I resisted replying as I don’t bother with this thread too often now, plus  I’m too busy to be bothered engaging in an Internet forum tit-for+ tat argument, however since you specifically have an issue with my previous comment I shall offer comment.

Any airline will say to onboard passengers that masks may be removed during drinking and eating and if you’ve ever flown on a short haul flight, you’ll know it’s a key source of incremental revenue for the airline, especially Easyjet and the like. The are “no cruel rules being circumvented” if you decide to have a snack and drink on a short run to Luton, as was the flight the original point was based upon. Why is it “laughable” to have a coffee and a blooming kitkat, rather than sit with a manky pointless cloth rag on your face, when most science is vague and indeed many nations laws are being overturned on the need to wear one. Even since the post,Jet2 have dropped need to wear masks and it’s a fair bet others will follow in weeks as it is purely a corporate exercise in virtue signalling at the moment. 

There are a broad range of opinions on this very long thread and generally most folk are here to offer opinion and get advice,; boorish, tedious trolling of folk pointing out basic facts and accepted conditions of carriage on board a domestic flight seems a strange fight to pick, to be quite honest.

Absolute nap we will still see plenty wearing their useless bits of cloth well after March 21 here. In the Nordics as soon as they no longer have to wear them they're universally in the bin.

Not an issue. No controversy. No political games. Just adults.

If folk in Scotland still want to wear them after March 21st then that's fine but they can fuck off with trying to guilt trip those who won't wear them.  

This concerned zero Covider who wanted to pump Devi before her switch to the dark side, and who has regularly been retweeted by Pagel et al, is now wondering why we're not going for the nuclear armageddon option.

Some breed.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If folk in Scotland still want to wear them after March 21st then that's fine but they can f**k off with trying to guilt trip those who won't wear them.  

You mean like this?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

If folk in Scotland still want to wear them after March 21st then that's fine but they can f**k off with trying to guilt trip those who won't wear them.  

Only if they also wear safety goggles and the daft visor as well IMO. 

Is this a recent addition to the travelling tabby site? Not seen it before.

Looking at the very minor difference between Scotland and England despite our different mask mandates, you'd have to ask a question. What was the fucking point Nicola?

image.png.2b70d45c5e8200740ea3ed09767ba37f.png

This is just a 6 month snapshot because I was interested in my main bone of contention with Nippy before Xmas. The one where I lost my shit and emailed my MP and MSP.

image.png.ac6b94138ae046217b564283dd7a7589.png

Edited by Suspect Device