Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Got a text for a booster appointment for Scott, who is 16. We went to the drop-in vaccine centre in Sauchie on Saturday and he was turned away as they apparently are not offering them yet. He has to go back this coming weekend. And now we got a letter for his booster appointment...on a different day to the one on the text. 

Piss up...brewery....

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is the alcohol ban on trains going in the bin this month as well?

Will be nice to have a few cans on a train again without being treated like a war criminal 

Sceptical. Scotrail wanted it in well before covid so doubt they’ll be in a rush to let it go. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sceptical. Scotrail wanted it in well before covid so doubt they’ll be in a rush to let it go. 

Sake

Tbf, the train I’m on now, the conductor doesn’t seem to mind

Quite a few of us are on the cans and he hasn’t bat an eyelid #Lad

Is the alcohol ban on trains going in the bin this month as well?
Will be nice to have a few cans on a train again without being treated like a war criminal 

They'd be mental not to lift it. The ban has done absolutely f**k all in regards to reducing anti-social behaviour and being able to drink on the train is a big reason why groups of people will choose the train option to travel on weekends.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if masks remain compulsory on Scotrail given who now owns it

Yeah good luck trying to get people to wear them after the 21st on the trains :lol: 

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You 3 appear to be fighting yesterday's battles.

Maybe you should let this go and move on with your lives.

Governments everywhere are admitting defeat on masking.

It's over.

And the anti-maskers went largely unpunished for their civil disobedience.

Them's the breaks folks. Them's the breaks. As the saying goes.

Next trick will be saying they protect against nuclear fallout and we should wear them “just in case”

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They'd be mental not to lift it. The ban has done absolutely f**k all in regards to reducing anti-social behaviour and being able to drink on the train is a big reason why groups of people will choose the train option to travel on weekends.

It also moves people onto other operators where the option exists (e.g. LNER and CrossCountry on the Edinburgh-Aberdeen corridor). 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It's over.

Setting aside the most curious language and twisted logic, I have unearthed footage of the glorious victory for the rebels 

FO59M0GY9JsWYsR5R9QzZA209716.jpeg

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's over.

Bloody Hell.  What absolute idiocy.

I'm not fighting any battle.  Masks are a minor irritation and it's good to be seeing the back of them.

However, I do reserve the right to laugh at posts suggesting the cruel rules on aircraft can be circumvented by the strategic purchase of a drink and the consumption of a carefully chosen biscuit by nibbles at strict 8 minute intervals. 

It's laughable that people offer advice on 'sticking it to the man' as WRK rightly puts it, when the thing being resisted is so trivial.

I think it's joke figures like yourself, who now need to do the moving on.  Everyone else is simply happily adjusting.

Well locking the wean up didn't help as I had my first positive LFT this morning :(

Started the day with a sniffle but now shivering like I'm sitting on a washing machine at full spin.

If I were allowed out I could go to a local karaoke bar and comfortably perform side 2 of David Bowie's Low...

Sad Cartoon GIF by Scooby-Doo

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bloody Hell.  What absolute idiocy.

I'm not fighting any battle.  Masks are a minor irritation and it's good to be seeing the back of them.

However, I do reserve the right to laugh at posts suggesting the cruel rules on aircraft can be circumvented by the strategic purchase of a drink and the consumption of a carefully chosen biscuit by nibbles at strict 8 minute intervals. 

It's laughable that people offer advice on 'sticking it to the man' as WRK rightly puts it, when the thing being resisted is so trivial.

I think it's joke figures like yourself, who now need to do the moving on.  Everyone else is simply happily adjusting.

I will never understand the view that being legally mandated to wear a mask is trivial. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I will never understand the view that being legally mandated to wear a mask is trivial. 

Well, in visiting this thread, you've definitely come to the right place then.

Let's hope for more top tips today on fighting the good fight.

We shall overcome.