Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Pretty much agree with every bit of this, I think monkey is being a bit of a knobb sometimes but it seems now that todd and oaky have turned there frustrations towards others who are not getting over the pandemic as fast as they are. But unfortunately that was always going to happen, history told us that many people remained cautious and frightened after the 1918 pandemic had subsided. it's just the way people are. And now you've also got politics involved too

I don't think anyone is getting over it more slowly than they are.

Most people are just getting on with it fine, and welcoming where we've reached.

Moving on and leaving it all behind, seems to be troubling those who need to find exceptions to that, or to glory in the relaxations as some sort of personal victory.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, I was at work yesterday and some people were wearing masks, while others weren't.

It was absolutely, stupendously er... ok.

The emotional investment you Dafties make in the matter is ludicrous.

This comment makes little sense in response to mine as I was commenting on how nice it is that in England there is the choice. The issue is that where I live people are still being forced to wear them. Once Scotland actually ditches them then as you say it’s a choice and people choosing to wear them, no problem at all. Fairly basic stuff to grasp I thought, but apparently not. 

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This comment makes little sense in response to mine as I was commenting on how nice it is that in England there is the choice. The issue is that where I live people are still being forced to wear them. Once Scotland actually ditches them then as you say it’s a choice and people choosing to wear them, no problem at all. Fairly basic stuff to grasp I thought, but apparently not. 

It's your use of the word "glorious" which betrays the crazy, symbolic significance you and some others wish to attach to the whole mask thing.

Not basic enough for you to grasp though - I accept that.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you're talking about my response to Monkey, that's not about frustration with him not getting over covid. That's just an unwillingness to tolerate his constant trolling shite.

Ah, the cowardice of putting people on ignore.

I'd be fascinated to learn how I've yet to get over Covid, but will, alas, never know.

20 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Man the weird people in this thread who call people they disagree with psychos then post delight at reports of record deaths in other countries.

Utter weirdo behaviour.

It really is quite something.

I'm trying to find a kinder reading, but it really does look like Elixir is delighted to learn of South Koreans dying.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's your use of the word "glorious" which betrays the crazy, symbolic significance you and some others wish to attach to the whole mask thing.

Not basic enough for you to grasp though - I accept that.

Glorious that they have a choice, was fairly clear I thought. 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Man the weird people in this thread who call people they disagree with psychos then post delight at reports of record deaths in other countries.

Utter weirdo behaviour.

Said 'psychos' should be out explaining why this is happening in the countries they continuously bigged up. 

They won't, though. 

4 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Utter weirdo behaviour.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It really is quite something.

I'm trying to find a kinder reading, but it really does look like Elixir is delighted to learn of South Koreans dying.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What a fucking wee weirdo you are.

Oafttttt.

4 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

New Zealand, the new #PlagueIsland.

Unethical breeding grounds for new variants! How DARE they!

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Said 'psychos' should be out explaining why this is happening in the countries they continuously bigged up. 

They won't, though. 

These countries must have dropped their 'basic public health protocols'!

While the 'experts' bammed up these places for two years and made life miserable for us, normal people on this forum knew they were disasters waiting to happen when the reality of life reared its head. Still, they continued to push a dangerous and unobtainable utopian fantasy. As a result, they should be sacked and never let near a position of influence ever again.